PDA

View Full Version : I know why we suck at home when it's cold.

jamze132
12-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Because Club Jauron has us practicing in the ****ing field house during inclement weather. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

In the Army we "train as we fight". Why can't the Bills? It would only make sense and would definitely give us an advantage at home in the winter months.

justasportsfan
12-04-2008, 12:14 PM
In the Army we "train as we fight". .
yep . You train in the elements you are going to be performing in.

Dick would make swimmers practice in the desert.

hydro
12-04-2008, 12:15 PM
They wouldn't want to pull their vag's on the slippery field :limp:

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 12:27 PM
By practicing indoors they remove any home field advantage that the Bills might gain by playing at the Ralph. I don't remember if other coaches did it as well, but it has to be one of the dumbest things ever.

OpIv37
12-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Because Club Jauron has us practicing in the ****ing field house during inclement weather. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

In the Army we "train as we fight". Why can't the Bills? It would only make sense and would definitely give us an advantage at home in the winter months.

Train as you fight- practice as you play- EVERYONE else is smart enough to do it, except Jauron. If you play in pads, you practice in pads. If you play in bad weather, you practice in bad weather. It's common ****ing sense.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Dick goes limp when he gets cold.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Dick goes limp when he gets cold.
Not only that, but he shrinks up...

Mad Bomber
12-04-2008, 01:06 PM
It's not only the cold, but practicing outside could get Trent used to throwing in the wind conditions of the Ralph.

People talk about how Edwards has never played in bad conditions. Well, neither had Jim Kelly; he played in Miami and Houston before he came to Buffalo. But he practiced in the elements that he would be playing in.

tat2dmike77
12-04-2008, 01:09 PM

Because that would make sense

And the exception to the army rule is at Ft Stewart where they do all kinds of dumb crap in the field. Saluting in the field comes to mind as the first bonehead idea. No joke!

Jeff1220
12-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Interesting relationship there...the Bills haven't won a playoff game since the fieldhouse was built.

RockStar36
12-04-2008, 01:21 PM
It's not only the cold, but practicing outside could get Trent used to throwing in the wind conditions of the Ralph.

People talk about how Edwards has never played in bad conditions. Well, neither had Jim Kelly; he played in Miami and Houston before he came to Buffalo. But he practiced in the elements that he would be playing in.

I'm sure Jim Kelly was exposed to the elements plenty before college.

Ebenezer
12-04-2008, 02:14 PM
To debunk this whole thing Paul Hamilton of WGR has been asked this numerous times and has reported numerous times that the Bills do indeed practice outside. Not as often as some other teams but they do not practice inside all the time.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm sure Jim Kelly was exposed to the elements plenty before college.

Sure he was. He's from Pissburgh. But he spent years in Miami and Houston prior to coming to Buffalo. I lived 3 1/2 years in New Orleans and had a hard time readjusting to cold weather.

When I said "the elements he would be playing in" I was referring more to the wind conditions than the cold. The wind in the Ralph is a factor, and practicing indoors doesn't prepare you for it.

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2008, 02:28 PM
To debunk this whole thing Paul Hamilton of WGR has been asked this numerous times and has reported numerous times that the Bills do indeed practice outside. Not as often as some other teams but they do not practice inside all the time.

They should NEVER practice indoors. The field house should be converted into a youth rec facility or something, not a freaking Bills practice field.

Boomstick
12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Because that would make sense

And the exception to the army rule is at Ft Stewart where they do all kinds of dumb crap in the field. Saluting in the field comes to mind as the first bonehead idea. No joke!

Do you actually mean that? Because HOLY ******ED Batman!

justasportsfan
12-04-2008, 02:39 PM

is this why we lost our balls? Due to shrinkage?

Ebenezer
12-04-2008, 02:39 PM
They should NEVER practice indoors. The field house should be converted into a youth rec facility or something, not a freaking Bills practice field.
that is not true...should they practice in a down pour rain in sept if the forecast for sunday is 90? it serves a purpose.

Boomstick
12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
is this why we lost our balls? Due to shrinkage?
Now thats just embarrassing... They're like that after swimming too...

jamze132
12-05-2008, 04:27 AM
that is not true...should they practice in a down pour rain in sept if the forecast for sunday is 90? it serves a purpose.
So should we be in the fieldhouse in December when the forecast calls for freezing rain, snow, and high winds?