PDA

View Full Version : Sparano on Bills ‘D’

madness
12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Sparano on Bills ‘D’ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/04/sparano-on-bills-d/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 4th, 2008
Naturally an opposing head coach is always going to pump up the opposition, not only so his team doesn’t take them lightly, but so there’s no potential bulletin board material either. But I thought some of what Sparano said about Buffalo’s defense was pretty genuine, particularly what he said about Denney, Kelsay and Mitchell.
“They’re a very good defense, they really are,” said Sparano. ”They’re playing pretty well. You play a game that they played last week; you would hope that nine out of 10 times you win that football game. Defensively, they’ve done a very nice job there. I think what concerns me most is whether or not we can protect the passer in this game. (Ryan) Denney is getting much better at what he does and (Chris) Kelsay is a pain in the neck. The guy goes a million miles an hour and he’s a full day’s work. And then they’ve got the big guys inside with (Kyle) Williams and (Marcus) Stroud and they make a lot of pressure that way. I think their linebackers are outstanding. I think (Kawika) Mitchell is playing very well for them.”
For those that may not have noticed, the Bills defense is ranked 12th overall in the league, 17th vs. the run, 14th vs. the pass, 9th in 3rd down defense and 14th in points allowed. I know going into the season I wrote that I’d be pretty pleased if this team was in the top half of the league in total defense, in light of how much improvement was needed from last season. Not satisfied, but pleased.
It looks like they’ve got a good shot to make good on that.

madness
12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
It sounds like somebody is going to be losing some bets.

Nighthawk
12-04-2008, 12:19 PM
It looks like Chris Brown has to get his head out of his ass! Kelsey and Denney blow!

justasportsfan
12-04-2008, 12:22 PM
For those that may not have noticed, the Bills defense is ranked 12th overall in the league, 17th vs. the run, 14th vs. the pass, 9th in 3rd down defense and 14th in points allowed. .yup. Dicks D is awsome in holding down crappy teams to minimal stats during losses.

yordad
12-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Playing "try not to lose by alot" is good for something!

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Our offense is the BIGGEST joke. Our defense is missing an outside pass rush and an upgrade at FS, other than that they're good to go.

EDS
12-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Our offense is the BIGGEST joke. Our defense is missing an outside pass rush and an upgrade at FS, other than that they're good to go.

I think the defense needs a big talent upgrade at outside linebacker, more then safety.

Boomstick
12-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, they need an OLB to replace Ellison too, but yeah the FS position on this team has gone to crap. Another thing that would do this D good, a different scheme. Take this Tampa 2 and shove it up Optimus Prime's semi colon, because its awful and minimizes what some of the players can do.

justasportsfan
12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Take this Tampa 2 and shove it up Optimus Prime's semi colon, because its awful and minimizes what some of the players can do.

there's more than meets the eye .

Boomstick
12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
there's more than meets the eye .

True... See how frustrating this team is to me... I'm making Transformers references its so bad. This team has some pretty decent young players and they're ruining it with that pansy Tampa 2. Its just the scheme that fits Skelly's "play not to lose" attitude. Damnit! That guy pisses me off.

baalworship
12-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Chris Kelsay is awful, Denney is a backup.

DynaPaul
12-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Chris Brown, resident Bills spin doctor. Wow, that article really makes us feel good.

jamze132
12-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Sounds like Sparano has a crush on Kelsay. :limp: