PDA

View Full Version : This is some serious ****ing horse **** now

OpIv37
12-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I was listening to the Panthers broadcast on XM (they only have the home broadcast) and I could CLEARLY hear chants of "LET'S GO BUFFALO!" coming from the crowd, despite the fact that Miami is 1400 miles from Buffalo. I've heard the same thing in cities as far away as DC, Carolina, Nashville, even LA. Hell, I've been to 4 or 5 Sabres away games here in DC and I've SEEN Sabres fans travel 400 miles and take over their own stadium.

Less than 2 years ago, the Sabres led the league in jersey sales, despite competing against places like NYC, Toronto, Philly, Boston, Dallas, ChicagoDetroit, DC, LA- all cities that have at LEAST 5x the population of Buffalo (in the cases ofChicago, NYC and LA, it's more like 10x).

The Sabres are consistently towards the top of the league in attendance, despite having a smaller stadium and smaller population base than a good portion of the league.

And yet, the team rewards some of the best fans in sports with this ****ing horse ****. At least 5 periods without scoring, losing to sorry teams, missing the playoffs, tearing down a conference finals team, blowing an excellent chance to win the Cup- where does it ****ing end?

When it comes to the Bills, the fans are almost as hardcore and there is no reciprocation either. I'm really frustrated with this. When it comes to fan loyalty compared to team production, the Bills and Sabres must be two of the worst teams in sports. I wish there was an objective formula to prove it, but everyone in WNY knows it's true.

Philagape
12-04-2008, 08:55 PM
One goal in two games, against Nashville and Florida.

I don't feel like writing anything after that, nor do I really need to?

JD
12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Aside from constantly paying the least for tickets league-wide, you're dead on. It really is downrigh painful to have any hope or dreams for either of these teams. Sometimes I wonder if my life would be better off not giving a **** about sports because in the end, theyre a bunch of guys who probably have never been to Buffalo until being traded or signed here so they really dont represent "Buffalo".

**** it i'm going on a random pointless tangent.

**** sports, the end.

SabreEleven
12-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Vanek has had 2 SHOTS in his last 2 games...Are you ****ING kidding me?

Philagape
12-05-2008, 08:37 AM

That's about $87,000 per shot.

bigbub2352
12-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Sad team, no passion, no intensity, no chacking, no d, no scoring,
Man our management is looking worse and worse
How long we gonna stick up for Darcy how long are we not gonna make a move at all
Seriously?
i gotta say it is very frustrating that everyone is saying the samething about this team and yet management finds it to do nothing

mchurchfie
12-05-2008, 10:55 AM
They need to blow up this roster of heartless pansies and start over again.

RockStar36
12-05-2008, 11:20 AM
They need to bring in someone who will seriously stir up the pot.

JD
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
What do you expect? All he does is stand in front of the net and tap his stick on the ice so his pointmen shoot the puck towards him. Captain of garbage goals, but he is a good player.

SabreEleven
12-05-2008, 07:28 PM
I expect the league leader in goals to shot the puck more, maybe?!?!? Call me crazy........

Nighthawk
12-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Don't you guys know that this team is good, it just hasn't had time to get it together?!?! [sarcasm]