PDA

View Full Version : So....is it too early to start thinkin' about Tavares?

Billscusey
12-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I mean, at this rate, we're getting a high draft pick whether we like it or not. We might as well shoot for the best we can get!

JD
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM
:sadwalk:

I'm done getting my hopes up. Sure, I'm young but seriously.. **** it. You older guys probably have gone through depression and a few strokes. So to me its really not worth it. I'll continue to support the team but I'll never, ever.. get my hopes up again for a Buffalo team.

Crisis
12-05-2008, 12:30 AM
hedman plz

SabreEleven
12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I mean, at this rate, we're getting a high draft pick whether we like it or not. We might as well shoot for the best we can get!

Tavares is going #1 overall and the Sabres don't suck enough to get #1 overall but they aren't good enough to make the playoffs. :ill:

Sabres will get hot after falling out of playoff contention to give us hope but will fall back into bad habits to give us a 10-13 overall pick

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Tavares is going #1 overall and the Sabres don't suck enough to get #1 overall but they aren't good enough to make the playoffs. :ill:

Sabres will get hot after falling out of playoff contention to give us hope but will fall back into bad habits to give us a 10-13 overall pick

Tavares might not be #1 overall. It is a 50/50 shot between he and Hedman.

SabreEleven
12-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Well, we don't suck enough to get #2 overall either and the FO doesn't have the grapes to pull off a trade like that.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2008, 06:12 AM
I would rather had Hedman, but you are correct.

But I don't think anybody would trade either of the top two picks regardless.

Ebenezer
12-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Don't forget...it is a lottery...you don't need to have the worst record.

BlackMetalNinja
12-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Don't forget...it is a lottery...you don't need to have the worst record.Yeah, you just have to have the league need your return to glory desperately!

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Don't forget...it is a lottery...you don't need to have the worst record.

But only the bottom 5 teams can get the #1 overall pick

Ebenezer
12-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah, you just have to have the league need your return to glory desperately!
or have your team owe you a lot of money, i.e., Pittsburgh.

SabreEleven
12-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Bettman will never allow the Sabres have the #1 overall pick.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't think the NHL needs a superstar on a team more than they need it on the Sabres, but with their luck in the lottery I doubt it.

OpIv37
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM

ah, sweet, comfortable mediocrity.

If we were utter failures, we'd have to break everything down and start over. If we were good, there would be pressure to win. But we're right in the comfort zone- not quite good enough, not quite bad enough. It's mediocrity at it's finest!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Even if the Sabres got Tavares (who is by the way the nephew to John Tavares the Buffalo Bandits Lacrosse player) he wouldn't be playing here, he would be with Portland. You probably wouldn't see him for two years just like Gerbe and Kennedy. It's just what the Sabres do they want to mature their young players on the farm before throwing them to the wolves in the NHL.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2008, 05:55 PM
If they get Tavares, he starts with Buffalo.

SabreEleven
12-05-2008, 07:26 PM
If they get Tavares, he starts with Buffalo.

Exactly, if you are taken first or second overall, you will play immediately...how much time did Crosby or Stamos spend in the minor leagues? 0

SabreEleven
12-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Even if the Sabres got Tavares (who is by the way the nephew to John Tavares the Buffalo Bandits Lacrosse player) he wouldn't be playing here, he would be with Portland. You probably wouldn't see him for two years just like Gerbe and Kennedy. It's just what the Sabres do they want to mature their young players on the farm before throwing them to the wolves in the NHL.

Thank god, this place was boring.........the resident expert is back.