PDA

View Full Version : In final year of contract, Jauron's tenure uncertain with Bills

shelby
12-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Bills coach Dick Jauron isn't showing any signs of flinching for someone who suddenly finds himself on the hot seat. With his familiar even-keel delivery, Jauron on Wednesday acknowledged the angry boos he heard from Bills fans following the team's latest loss last weekend. In accepting the criticism directed his way, Jauron made it clear the buck for Buffalo's ongoing meltdown stops with him.

<table style="margin: 10px; width: 20px; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); border-collapse: collapse; float: right;"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 10px 10px 0px;">http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/d_jauron_081117_IA.jpg</td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px 10px; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">Rick Stewart / Getty Images</td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 0px 10px 10px; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold;">Dick Jauron, in the final year of his contract, is 20-24 as coach of the Bills.</td></tr></tbody></table> "It's part of the deal when you don't win," Jauron said. "You know when you don't win that there's going to be criticism and it's going to be deserved. So you go on. You try to improve and you try to do the things that'll make everyone happy: And that's win football games."
Jauron then blamed himself as the Bills (6-6) prepare to host Miami (7-5) at Toronto on Sunday.
"I'm where it stops. I'm the guy," he said. "The things that go wrong, I've got to get them corrected."
Time, though, is running out for a team that's lost five of six and in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for a ninth straight season. And time might also be running out on Jauron, who in February raised the bar of expectations by saying the Bills needed to take the next step following consecutive 7-9 finishes.
For someone who appeared secure in keeping his job following a 5-1 start, Jauron's tenure is suddenly uncertain as he completes the final year of his contract.
Jauron won't comment on his status, except to say, "I always feel like I'm playing for my job."
And the Bills have yet to announce anything publicly -- or discuss Jauron's status privately -- about the coach's future.
In October, Bills owner Ralph Wilson bluntly waved off questions by saying he doesn't talk contracts when asked about Jauron.
And that was well before the season turned sour.

more.... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80d04662&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

jamze132
12-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Please go away Dick.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 07:21 AM
So is it unture about Dicks extension a few weeks back?

Mitchy moo
12-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Rebury the corpse.

Jan Reimers
12-05-2008, 08:12 AM
I think it's very possible we lose our last four, which would certainly be the end of the bland and meek Skeletor.

Night Train
12-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I think it's very possible we lose our last four, which would certainly be the end of the bland and meek Skeletor.

And then we hold our collective breath while Ralph considers more uninspiring options.

madness
12-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Time management has also been an issue, with the team squandering timeouts to avoid delay-of-game penalties and when failing to have players lined up properly.

Nothing yanks my chain more than undisciplined football.

jamze132
12-05-2008, 08:41 AM
So is it unture about Dicks extension a few weeks back?
No one really knows. It was probably agreed to in principle but with stipulations.

bigbub2352
12-05-2008, 09:40 AM
For the sake of the franchise take ur front office and ur coaching staff and just resign ur not good enough stop stealing from our poor Bills

Michael82
12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
No one really knows. It was probably agreed to in principle but with stipulations.
That's exactly what I was thinking. There had to be some kind of escape clause or something....

jamze132
12-05-2008, 02:55 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. There had to be some kind of escape clause or something....
I refer to it as rather a doomsday clause for Jauron.

lordofgun
12-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Is it wrong to hope we lost the last four so he gets the axe? :ill:

Michael82
12-05-2008, 03:13 PM
no, part of me is hoping that. I want Jauron gone so bad. I don't care how it happens.

jamze132
12-05-2008, 03:27 PM
It's a catch-22. If we win out, he probably stays but if we lose out, I have to beat my dog 4 more times.

Don't Panic
12-05-2008, 07:33 PM

Of course it is. I'd be shocked to see us win 10 games, even 9... so the bottom line is that in three years, he couldn't get us above .500. That warrants losing your job, so there is no need to root for us to lose to the Fins and Pats (as there is never need to root for us to lose to the Fins and Pats).

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-05-2008, 07:43 PM
whos next as the coach? Pippi Longstocking?

Nighthawk
12-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Is there anybody left who can't see this guy is a joke?

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Great, he knows alot about losing.. UGH, I feel for the guy but we need a change. I wish you the best Dick, take my good blessings and leave Buffalo.

Nighthawk
12-06-2008, 07:48 AM

Hell no it isn't! I'm with you...I want this fool gone!