• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

In final year of contract, Jauron's tenure uncertain with Bills

Bills coach Dick Jauron isn't showing any signs of flinching for someone who suddenly finds himself on the hot seat. With his familiar even-keel delivery, Jauron on Wednesday acknowledged the angry boos he heard from Bills fans following the team's latest loss last weekend. In accepting the criticism directed his way, Jauron made it clear the buck for Buffalo's ongoing meltdown stops with him.

Rick Stewart / Getty Images
    Dick Jauron, in the final year of his contract, is 20-24 as coach of the Bills.
    "It's part of the deal when you don't win," Jauron said. "You know when you don't win that there's going to be criticism and it's going to be deserved. So you go on. You try to improve and you try to do the things that'll make everyone happy: And that's win football games."
    Jauron then blamed himself as the Bills (6-6) prepare to host Miami (7-5) at Toronto on Sunday.
    "I'm where it stops. I'm the guy," he said. "The things that go wrong, I've got to get them corrected."
    Time, though, is running out for a team that's lost five of six and in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for a ninth straight season. And time might also be running out on Jauron, who in February raised the bar of expectations by saying the Bills needed to take the next step following consecutive 7-9 finishes.
    For someone who appeared secure in keeping his job following a 5-1 start, Jauron's tenure is suddenly uncertain as he completes the final year of his contract.
    Jauron won't comment on his status, except to say, "I always feel like I'm playing for my job."
    And the Bills have yet to announce anything publicly -- or discuss Jauron's status privately -- about the coach's future.
    In October, Bills owner Ralph Wilson bluntly waved off questions by saying he doesn't talk contracts when asked about Jauron.
    And that was well before the season turned sour.
    more....

• jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: In final year of contract, Jauron's tenure uncertain with Bills

Please go away Dick.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

So is it unture about Dicks extension a few weeks back?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Rebury the corpse.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I think it's very possible we lose our last four, which would certainly be the end of the bland and meek Skeletor.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            I think it's very possible we lose our last four, which would certainly be the end of the bland and meek Skeletor.
            And then we hold our collective breath while Ralph considers more uninspiring options.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Time management has also been an issue, with the team squandering timeouts to avoid delay-of-game penalties and when failing to have players lined up properly.
              Nothing yanks my chain more than undisciplined football.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                So is it unture about Dicks extension a few weeks back?
                No one really knows. It was probably agreed to in principle but with stipulations.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

For the sake of the franchise take ur front office and ur coaching staff and just resign ur not good enough stop stealing from our poor Bills
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                    No one really knows. It was probably agreed to in principle but with stipulations.
                    That's exactly what I was thinking. There had to be some kind of escape clause or something....

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      That's exactly what I was thinking. There had to be some kind of escape clause or something....
                      I refer to it as rather a doomsday clause for Jauron.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Is it wrong to hope we lost the last four so he gets the axe?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          no, part of me is hoping that. I want Jauron gone so bad. I don't care how it happens.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

It's a catch-22. If we win out, he probably stays but if we lose out, I have to beat my dog 4 more times.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Of course it is. I'd be shocked to see us win 10 games, even 9... so the bottom line is that in three years, he couldn't get us above .500. That warrants losing your job, so there is no need to root for us to lose to the Fins and Pats (as there is never need to root for us to lose to the Fins and Pats).

Comment

Working...
                              X