PDA

View Full Version : losman takes reins again - TBN

trapezeus
12-05-2008, 09:15 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/514000.html

DJ is quoted as saying that Losman has proven that he can win the big game and miami is a big game.

Can DJ get fired simply for saying that?

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
"big game" has a different meaning in Buffalo.

yordad
12-05-2008, 09:28 AM
"“It should be 100 times better, more comfortable,” he said. “It should be 100 times better all around for everybody, them hearing my voice, cadence, calling the plays, everything. Everything is going to be much, much better, much more fluid if the quarterback is able to prepare himself one week knowing he’s the guy."

Get ready guys. I'm smellin' a double digit win!

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 09:32 AM
The last time JP got the whole week to prepare for a game the Bills got slaughtered 36-14 vs the Jags. And the whole week before that 56-10 against NE.

The last 2 times JP got a week to prepare for the game the Bills lost by an average of 29 points.
Maybe you smell a double digit loss.

Jan Reimers
12-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Quite frankly, given Edwards' horrendous play lately (except against a terrible KC team), I don't have a big problem with JP playing Sunday.

And since he's our backup QB, we should be rooting for him to play well, as we do for TE.

shelby
12-05-2008, 09:53 AM
This whole game....the Toronto venue, the dome, the fish team that is better than expected, and the mediocrity of the Bills this season...makes me want to vomit.

Jan Reimers
12-05-2008, 10:06 AM
This whole game....the Toronto venue, the dome, the fish team that is better than expected, and the mediocrity of the Bills this season...makes me want to vomit.
I agree. There is something very wrong with playing the evil fish in Toronto, before 54,000 ambivalent foreigners, in a 72 degree dome, rather than in the 20 degree and windy Ralph, in front of 72,000 maniacal Bills' fans.

trapezeus
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
i don't like losman, but when he's under center for the bills i'm rooting for him.

The only thing that changes, is that i put absolutely no hope in any play when losman is in there. I expect nothing but the worst. and sadly, he usually delivers the worst.

surely the coaches have called in more duds than good calls of late. but even the workable plays losman seems to take a long time to execute. For a scrambling QB, he can't get out of the pocket fast enough.

I can't wait for these 4 games to end and let us get into the offseason. There is a major overhaul, bigger than the players that is needed.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 10:12 AM

DJ is quoted as saying that Losman has proven that he can win the big game and miami is a big game.

Can DJ get fired simply for saying that?:lmao:

I am a loser for sticking up for Dick Jauron. I'm sorry OP for even debating you.

JP is the guy that played us out of the playoffs last year? Right? So how has he proven that he can win the "big game". Wasn't Jacksonville the "big game" last year?

yordad
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
The last time JP got the whole week to prepare for a game the Bills got slaughtered 36-14 vs the Jags. And the whole week before that 56-10 against NE.

The last 2 times JP got a week to prepare for the game the Bills lost by an average of 29 points.
Maybe you smell a double digit loss.Yeah, and minus the QBs, the '07 Bills were actually better then the Pats and the Jags! Right?

:band:

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, and minus the QBs, the '07 Bills were actually better then the Pats and the Jags! Right?

:band:

The Jags game was winnable and JP pretty much played us to the loss in that one.

The Pats game was not on JP.

Jeff1220
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Has JP ever really played in a big game?

BillsWin
12-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Can DJ get fired simply for saying that?

The titans game is '06 was a big game. and he did everything to win it. Royal lost that game.

The Texans game was also big for that team because we needed a win.

He threw 3 crucial TDs to win it for us.

The guy can play when the playcalling helps him along. The dude has a freakin rocket attatched to his shoulder.

I think that he could flourish in a pass happy offense and after an offseason of good coaching.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 10:34 AM

as if getting slaughtered by the crappy browns and 9'ers is any better.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 10:48 AM
as if getting slaughtered by the crappy browns and 9'ers is any better.

Wow, 2 point loss and a 7 point loss that the kicker had alot to do with is now considered a slaughter.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Wow, 2 point loss and a 7 point loss that the kicker had alot to do with is now considered a slaughter.
when you lose to a team who's qb (Quinn) had only 1 start and and HC thats only had a couple of games under his belt prior to play the bills AT HOME , it's a slaughter in my book. No way in hell we should've lost those games with decent coaching and decent qb play. Neither were decent, both sucked ass.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 11:02 AM
when you lose to a team who's qb (Quinn) had only 1 start

So it's Trent's fault the Bills defense gave up 29 points to Cleveland who's QB had only 1 start?

And it's Trent's fault Lindell missed the go ahead FG with :42 left in the game?

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
So it's Trent's fault the Bills defense gave up 29 points to Cleveland who's QB had only 1 start?

And it's Trent's fault Lindell missed the go ahead FG with :42 left in the game?

as far as you're concerned it trents fault because you blamed everything on the qb the last few years. Why the sudden change in thinking on your part? Double standards?

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Answer the questions.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Answer the questions.
it's been answered . Trent lost the browns game. He singlehandedly forced Lindell to win the game for us.

What it's JP's fault all thsoe years our D was ranked in the bottom in the league and couldn't stop anyone? Nefermind, you already answered that.

madness
12-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Trent turned it around in KC. The only reason JP is starting is because of Trent's injury which may put him out one more week.

There's nothing more to read into it.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 11:13 AM
it's been answered . Trent lost the browns game. He singlehandedly forced Lindell to win the game for us.. :lol:

What it's JP's fault all thsoe years our D was ranked in the bottom in the league and couldn't stop anyone? Nefermind, you already answered that.

I never thought I had to point out that there are obviously other reasons why a team wins or loses. Of course it wasn't always 100% JP's fault. Just as it wasn't all Trent's fault the Bills lost to Cleveland.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Of course it wasn't always JP's fault. .
your sig says you lie ;) .

We all know where you stood with JP. You can deny it all you want. You blamed it all on JP .

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 11:22 AM
We all know where you stood with JP. You can deny it all you want. You blamed it all on JP

It wasn't all JP's fault the one time he lost to Miami. He played well in the first QTR. The rest of the game he played crappy. But it's the defense that allowed Miami to score with :06 left to win the game.

And I am sure there other areas that could be blamed also.

Philagape
12-05-2008, 11:23 AM
The titans game is '06 was a big game. and he did everything to win it.

Except a typical Panic Attack that resulted in a pick in the final minute after getting inside the Titans 30

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 11:26 AM
It wasn't all JP's fault the one time he lost to Miami. He played well in the first QTR. The rest of the game he played crappy. But it's the defense that allowed Miami to score with :06 left to win the game.

And I am sure there other areas that could be blamed also.

When the team wins, it's the defense fault. When the team loses it's Jp fault.

I thought so. :snicker:

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 11:27 AM

when was this? :idunno:

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 11:32 AM
When the team wins, it's the defense fault. When the team loses it's Jp fault.

I thought so. :snicker:

Huh? I just blamed almost everyone for that Miami loss.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Huh? I just blamed almost everyone for that Miami loss.

you're talking one game. We all know you blamed the state of the team when JP was the qb even though the D was bottom of the league the last 2 years.

JP didn't even have this kind of D the last 2 years.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
JP didn't even have this kind of D the last 2 years.

when you constantly 3 and out, it's only natural that the defense will be ranked in the 30's. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 11:39 AM
when you constantly 3 and out, it's only natural that the defense will be ranked in the 30's. :rolleyes:
our D has been playing well inspite of the 3 and outs by Trent v.s browns and 9'ers. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 11:41 AM
our D has been playing well inspite of the 3 and outs by Trent v.s browns and 9'ers. :rolleyes:

apples and oranges.... :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
12-05-2008, 11:44 AM

Wow dude, first you say losing by 7 and 2 points is a slaughter. Now you are saying giving up 29 points as playing well. :crazy:

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Wow dude, first you say losing by 7 and 2 points is a slaughter. Now you are saying giving up 29 points as playing well. :crazy:

he talks like somebody with a paper A-hole.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 12:06 PM

like Saburz said, qb keeps going 3 and out.

Like it or not, the D is better than what JP had.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
he talks like somebody with a paper A-hole.
like this ? http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=14275&stc=1&d=1228154099

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 12:12 PM
like Saburz said, qb keeps going 3 and out.

is the defense ranked in the 30's? nice try.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 12:14 PM
is the defense ranked in the 30's? nice try.
nope which is exactly why there should be no reason for Trent to suck because the D is better than what Jp had the last couple of years.

trapezeus
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Jp played with a great defense in 2005 and 2006. and his struggles then were as bad as his struggles now.

i don't really want to argue about JP vs TE again with Justa because we've called a truce. But JP has gone through the highs and lows several times now. TE is in his first bonafide low. it's lasting a long time, we have to see if he'll get out of it. i am assuming the groin really isn't that big of a problem and he'll be out there for the final 3 games.

For me JP has not been able to be great even in his good games. So for me, i don't think he's worth looking at anymore. We know we don't have the coaches to guide him. So if someone else thinks they can rope him in and utilize him great for them. Also, once off the Bills, i really won't care and wouldn't be surprised if he remains the same sloppy player who frustrates the fans who want to see a big armed guy succeed.

Going into this year i liked TE and thought he could be better and be our guy. He showed early promise with 5-1 and playing smart. It earned him some more time in my mind. Even in this stretch, we saw that he's capable of lifting mediocre players on his shoulders and walk them down the field and win a game. He's lost his swagger for sure, and the new defenses threw him off. I think he processes the 3-4 throughout the offseason and moves forward.

However, the two questions of durability and cold weather play are still question marks for me. durability, he's got a low passing grade with me. i thought if he really was injury prone he'd get something in the 3-4 week variety early. He has only had the tweaks that everyone else had. He got crushed in Arizona and no QB would have gotten up and played after that. but he is missing games. Next year will help answer if he is always going to get nagged with injuries. But at 2 games missed, that's probably below the league average. So we'll see what the verdict is next year on him.

Cold weather QB status - undecided but it doesn't look good. 49ers game was the first really bad weather game again, and he looked to have troubles. of course the groin was an issue. we'll see how he does in the meadow lands and in denver and the pats to get a good idea of where he stands. He throws the ball harder for sure than he did last year. His long ball has been good when he's used it. He just doesn't seem to have the confidence to let it go.

So in my mind he actually has tools to get over the big questionmarks that dog him. I think he does it and gets better. Losman never had the mental tools to address his weaknesses.

I know people disagree, but i figured i'd throw my two cents in on the two qbs

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Jp played with a great defense in 2005 and 2006. and his struggles then were as bad as his struggles now.

withall due respect trap. ranking 18 total D in 06 is BARELY middle of the league all the more it's not great. they were ranked 28th in 06 vs. the run as well.

We don't even need to talk about last year.

This D has been the unit that's carried this more obviously this year than the last 2 years.

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Good for Losman, he gets another chance to show what he's made of. Hopefully (for the Bills sake) he proves he's still got something in the tank.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Good for Losman, he gets another chance to show what he's made of. Hopefully (for the Bills sake) he proves he's still got something in the tank.

how many chances does he need to prove that he's nothing more than a bust?

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:36 PM
how many chances does he need to prove that he's nothing more than a bust?
He's easily proven that he's a bust to this point, but like I said earlier; he's going to get another chance from someone because of his amazing talent, and he deserves another chance, just not in Buffalo.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 12:37 PM
He's easily proven that he's a bust to this point, but like I said earlier; he's going to get another chance from someone because of his amazing talent, and he deserves another chance, just not in Buffalo.

what amazing talent? i've never seen it.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 12:40 PM
and he deserves another chance, just not in Buffalo. exactly. Just like Young, Flutie ,etc. got another chance.

It's not like Jp played for coaches that were proven. He's played for coaches that majority of bills fans themselves hated.

When he leaves though, I could care less .

acehole
12-05-2008, 12:42 PM

Yes that was your standard defined last year.

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:42 PM
what amazing talent? i've never seen it.
This is where the argument about poor coaching can come in. The Bills tried to do what the Titans tried to do with Young and Falcons tried to do with Vick, they tried to make him a pocket passer when he's no where near a pocket passer. He's a guy that is built to scramble and get outside the pocket. He has one of the strongest arms in the NFL (something teams drool over), he is a strong person (physically), and has well above average athleticism for a QB.

He just honestly hasn't been used correct and if the Bills wanted a pocket passer they screwed up going after Losman because anyone that watched him in college knew from day one that he would never be one. He's sucked balls in Buffalo, but the NFL is a league of second chances and he's going to get another very soon.

acehole
12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Bingo!

This is where the argument about poor coaching can come in. The Bills tried to do what the Titans tried to do with Young and Falcons tried to do with Vick, they tried to make him a pocket passer when he's no where near a pocket passer. He's a guy that is built to scramble and get outside the pocket. He has one of the strongest arms in the NFL (something teams drool over), he is a strong person (physically), and has well above average athleticism for a QB.

He just honestly hasn't been used correct and if the Bills wanted a pocket passer they screwed up going after Losman because anyone that watched him in college knew from day one that he would never be one. He's sucked balls in Buffalo, but the NFL is a league of second chances and he's going to get another very soon.

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:44 PM
exactly. Just like Young, Flutie ,etc. got another chance.

It's not like Jp played for coaches that were proven. He's played for coaches that majority of bills fans themselves hated.

When he leaves though, I could care less .
It really makes me wonder who was calling the shots when Mularkey was here because he is NOT a bad coach, nor is he poor at developing a QB.

Chimpanze
12-05-2008, 12:50 PM
WIN OR LOSE,

JP LOSMAN SUCKS!

Im tired of you lickers talking about his great arm.

His arm is so great that he is a BACKUP.

How about talking about the 5 second pocket presence he displays only to get SACKED over and over again.

GO BILLS. Cant wait to see JP GONE in only 4 more games!

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 12:50 PM
WIN OR LOSE,

JP LOSMAN SUCKS!

Im tired of you lickers talking about his great arm.

His arm is so great that he is a BACKUP.

How about talking about the 5 second pocket presence he displays only to get SACKED over and over again.

GO BILLS. Cant wait to see JP GONE in only 4 more games!

even a chimpanze is smarter than a Licker.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 12:52 PM
It really makes me wonder who was calling the shots when Mularkey was here because he is NOT a bad coach, nor is he poor at developing a QB.
he's seems to be a decent OC but was in over his head as a HC.

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm curious to know how you feel about Edwards.....

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:53 PM
he's seems to be a decent OC but was in over his head as a HC.
Well considering the history of the Bills when it comes to HC's it looks like they all are in over their head. I think it goes far deeper than mere coaching, BTW, don't be surprised if Mularkey is an HC next season.

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 12:54 PM
chimps were supposedly ancestors of this http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=14275&stc=1&d=1228154099

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm curious to know how you feel about Edwards.....

he has stunk it up as well.

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
he has stunk it up as well.
Fair enough, more people need to practice objectivity.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Fair enough, more people need to practice objectivity.

you should tell that to the Lickers.

Chimpanze
12-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Has Trent played bad in the last 5/6 games... HELL YES

Has he been so bad that we had no shot at winning the games... NO ( seems like every game he lost when playing bad came down to the wire )

AS FOR JP

Albeit his time as a starter was never solidified by coaches and management, I still feel that JP's time here has passed him by.

I get stressed when he plays and when people keep writing that he STILL has another chance here in BUFFALO. OOO HIS ARM STRENGTH!!!

I dont buy the fact that he never had time to prepare against the Cards and against the 49ers. His job as a backup is to BE READY. He was terrible against the Cards and TERRIBLE against SAN FRAN.

NOW....I have hope for TE. WHY YOU MIGHT ASK, because HOPE is all I HAVE since there is no one else in the system that is better than him.

And as Ive mentionned many times. When he plays, we still have had a chance to win in the 4rth quarter.

I think its growing pains. I have never seen the Bills march up the field like they have had this year. THE SAD PART IS they havent put POINTS up on the board.

Next year will tell me alot about TE.

AS FOR JP... GOOD RIDDANCE!

Chimpanze
12-05-2008, 01:18 PM

There is no doubt that he will get another chance. there are so few qualiber quarterbacks in the league.

AND JP AINT ONE OF THEM.

I dont care about PHYSICAL characteristics

SMARTS wins the game!

JP aint got that.... OUCH!

Just a CHUCKER! and normally 4-5 feet above the receiver

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 01:32 PM
SMARTS wins the game!

we lost to crappy teams with trent.

Chimpanze
12-05-2008, 01:46 PM
we lost to crappy teams with trent.

My God,

ITS PART OF THE PROCESS!

Did you realize that more than 10 home teams lost last week.

Its a known fact that it takes a young quarterback some time.

So we lost to the 49ers and the Browns, I FELT THAT PAIN JUST LIKE EVERY DIE HARD.

But yet, with all that bad playing we should have won both games. Trent gave Lindell a chance to win that game and he blew it.

Say what you will but Trent marched down the field in the first half only to have that same CLOWN of a kicker hit the upright and totally stall our momentum!

Yes we lost to Cleveland and the 49ers but so have other teams. Last time I checked the Lions were the only winless teams.

Finally lets take a look at the future. ONLY 1 team will win the Superbowl, so whether you have Brady, Manning's, or a few other great ones, ONLY 1 QB will win.

SO HOPE IS ALL WE HAVE. And although lately TE looks a little ( alot ) lost, I still have hope that he will learn from this and play better sooner rather than NEVER!

Its very simple for me and I will try to explain one last time so read carefully...

When Trent is behind the centre, I feel confident that something positive will happen. Even right now, he has lost his touch but I love his pocket presence and his vision ( its only confidence in my opinion )

Now read this part...

WHEN JP is BEHIND CENTRE, I FEEL VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! I feel like a 3 and out will happen.

Its nothing personal, Im just telling you how I feel while watching the game. If I knew more than the average cat, I would be coaching in the NFL right now

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 01:48 PM
My God,

ITS PART OF THE PROCESS!

Did you realize that more than 10 home teams lost last week.

Its a known fact that it takes a young quarterback some time.

So we lost to the 49ers and the Browns, I FELT THAT PAIN JUST LIKE EVERY DIE HARD.

But yet, with all that bad playing we should have won both games. Trent gave Lindell a chance to win that game and he blew it.

Say what you will but Trent marched down the field in the first half only to have that same CLOWN of a kicker hit the upright and totally stall our momentum!

Yes we lost to Cleveland and the 49ers but so have other teams. Last time I checked the Lions were the only winless teams.

Finally lets take a look at the future. ONLY 1 team will win the Superbowl, so whether you have Brady, Manning's, or a few other great ones, ONLY 1 QB will win.

SO HOPE IS ALL WE HAVE. And although lately TE looks a little ( alot ) lost, I still have hope that he will learn from this and play better sooner rather than NEVER!

Its very simple for me and I will try to explain one last time so read carefully...

Now read this part...

WHEN JP is BEHIND CENTRE, I FEEL VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! I feel like a 3 and out will happen.

Its nothing personal, Im just telling you how I feel while watching the game. If I knew more than the average cat, I would be coaching in the NFL right now

It's part of the process...... :lol: you talk like Trent is a sure thing and that this is just a phase.

Great, hand Trent the job and if he turns out to be a bust then we're done. No thanks.

When Trent is behind the centre, I feel confident that something positive will happen. Even right now, he has lost his touch but I love his pocket presence and his vision ) :roflmao: you sound like you're a a Trent fan .

( its only confidence in my opinion ) I want proof not a fans opinion.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 01:49 PM
It's part of the process...... :lol: you talk like Trent is a sure thing and that this is just a phase.

Great, hand Trent the job and if he turns out to be a bust then we're done. No thanks.

:z:

justasportsfan
12-05-2008, 01:51 PM

I agree, the chimps post was boring.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
I agree, the chimps post was boring.

shelby
12-06-2008, 09:08 AM
:poop:

J. P. Losman has gone from starting quarterback to afterthought on the Buffalo Bills’ roster. But on Sunday, he’ll return to the spotlight.
Because of Trent Edwards’ groin injury, Losman is expected to get his first start in more than a year when the Bills host the Miami Dolphins in Toronto.
Edwards hasn’t been officially ruled out, but he hasn’t practiced this week. So a guy the Bills benched now holds the fate of their season in his hands.
“It’s exciting knowing that it’s a possibility,” Losman said. “And we’ll find out.”
Losman has appeared in two games this season as an injury replacement. He played almost the entire game during a 41-17 Week Five loss at Arizona after Edwards was knocked out with a concussion on the first offensive series. Losman completed 15 of 21 passes for 220 yards while running and throwing for a touchdown. He also threw an interception.
Losman stepped in again last Sunday after Edwards hurt his groin in the first half and was 11 of 17 for 112 yards in a 10-3 loss to San Francisco.
In both cases, Losman played with minimal practice repetitions. That won’t be the case against the Dolphins as he has gotten all the snaps with the first-team offense.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/514000.html)

yordad
12-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Something is off. link (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2754301#post2754301)

SABURZFAN
12-06-2008, 09:33 AM

shelby
12-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks, i'll merge the threads.

djjimkelly
12-06-2008, 10:04 AM

those are 2 teams that outclass our organization by a mile!!!!!!!!!!

yordad
12-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks, i'll merge the threads.The article is dated for today. That's strange.

Oaf
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
The Jags game was winnable and JP pretty much played us to the loss in that one.

The Pats game was not on JP.
1. Too bad the D allowed the Jags to score on EVERY SINGLE DRIVE they had. Dammit JP.

2. He played poorly, just like the entire team.

Dujek
12-06-2008, 07:52 PM
:pray:

Please let good JP show up. He rarely puts in an appearance, but it would be nice to get one last good performance from him.

Oaf
12-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Yes that was your standard defined last year.
Exactly.