PDA

View Full Version : Cold hard fact is that we may not change coaches.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 10:05 AM
The Bills will lose at least 3 of their next 4 games. Jauron should be fired at this point but I will bet money that they give him another year and he will gladly sign it.

Cowher is not coaching in Buffalo. It's a known fact that he wants to coach in the South and there was even talk of the Panthers as an option earlier this year. Plus he's dealt with cheap owners before and I'm sure wants to have no part of it.

Shottenheimer is ripe for the picking. He's somewhat affordable, he has some history with the Bills, the fans will love him, and he might get passed over by other teams looking for a coach.

SHOTTENHEIMER IS OUR ONLY SHOT AT GETTING A REAL COACH THAT KNOWS ANYTHING!!!

If we do fire Jauron plan on seeing Haslett here. Please don't even start a thread when this happens that he might be good. This guy is 10X worse than Jauron. You think you've seen boneheaded stuff before? Watch Hasbeen try to coach this team. The guy was a nightmre in NO.

trapezeus
12-05-2008, 10:18 AM
problem with shottenheimer is his inability to win in the playoffs consistently.

He's going to be like a juiced up Jauron. We'll get excited because we just want to get into the playoffs, but then we're going to be frustrated that we can't go anywhere in the playoffs. He's WadePhillips all over agian. I'm not really big on shottenheimer. If he's here, i'll feel like i did with Dick Jauron. "I don't want this guy, but it looks like we're stuck with him."

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 10:21 AM
problem with shottenheimer is his inability to win in the playoffs consistently.

He's going to be like a juiced up Jauron. We'll get excited because we just want to get into the playoffs, but then we're going to be frustrated that we can't go anywhere in the playoffs. He's WadePhillips all over agian. I'm not really big on shottenheimer. If he's here, i'll feel like i did with Dick Jauron. "I don't want this guy, but it looks like we're stuck with him."

Hard to ***** about winning in the playoffs when we can't even make the playoffs.

bigbub2352
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I hate to say it but from all indications from people like John Murphy who are employed by the Bills, i dont think skeletor is going anywhere
I will be shocked to see anything happen it never goes the way we want it to

trapezeus
12-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Hard to ***** about winning in the playoffs when we can't even make the playoffs.

i know...but as fans, we aren't going to go running into the street just by making the playoffs. we want a superbowl. and taking one loser out for a better loser, isn't going to be good. proven winner is the only way this thing is going to turn around.

shelby
12-05-2008, 12:36 PM
i agree with HH and bigbub. Unfortunately, Jauron will still be our coach next year.

:(

SABURZFAN
12-05-2008, 12:40 PM
is Lou Saban still alive?

Pride
12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Let's focus on becoming a good/respected team before we worry about a superbowl championship! Let marty right the ship, then if after 3-4 playoff loses, we'll get someone else in.

Right now all I want is a playoff berth!

shelby
12-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Not this year. Santa says we've all been very, very bad.

Jan Reimers
12-05-2008, 12:49 PM
He is, and well into his eighties. But he could still coach rings around Jauron.

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Cold hard fact: Nobody in Buffalo will be surprised if Ralph keeps Jauron around next season.

tat2dmike77
12-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Two words Brian Billick

billogic99
12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
The Bills will lose at least 3 of their next 4 games. Jauron should be fired at this point but I will bet money that they give him another year and he will gladly sign it.

Cowher is not coaching in Buffalo. It's a known fact that he wants to coach in the South and there was even talk of the Panthers as an option earlier this year. Plus he's dealt with cheap owners before and I'm sure wants to have no part of it.

Shottenheimer is ripe for the picking. He's somewhat affordable, he has some history with the Bills, the fans will love him, and he might get passed over by other teams looking for a coach.

If we do fire Jauron plan on seeing Haslett here. Please don't even start a thread when this happens that he might be good. This guy is 10X worse than Jauron. You think you've seen boneheaded stuff before? Watch Hasbeen try to coach this team. The guy was a nightmre in NO.

Is this what it's come too? A coach that has no chance of winning a championship...ever????

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Is this what it's come too? A coach that has no chance of winning a championship...ever????
Have you seen anything to make you think otherwise?

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 01:53 PM

I'll bet San Diego fans wish he was still there.

RockStar36
12-05-2008, 02:08 PM
How often do coaches sign one year extensions?

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 02:19 PM
How often do coaches sign one year extensions?

It's usually 2 years with one year being voidable when you butt is on the line.

He's not getting a 3 year deal.

RockStar36
12-05-2008, 02:22 PM
It's usually 2 years with one year being voidable when you butt is on the line.

He's not getting a 3 year deal.

Unless he already signed an extension, I don't see him coming back. I don't know how the Bills FO can possibly make that move. They can't be that dumb, can they?

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Unless he already signed an extension, I don't see him coming back. I don't know how the Bills FO can possibly make that move. They can't be that dumb, can they?

Think about how much money they save and how little abuse they take by not having to deal with addressing the coach issue.

yordad
12-05-2008, 02:40 PM

If we do fire Jauron plan on seeing Haslett here. Please don't even start a thread when this happens that he might be good. This guy is 10X worse than Jauron. You think you've seen boneheaded stuff before? Watch Hasbeen try to coach this team. The guy was a nightmre in NO."Cold hard fact".... Those are facts? Got any links?

RockStar36
12-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Think about how much money they save and how little abuse they take by not having to deal with addressing the coach issue.

OR think about how much abuse they take for keeping Jauron.

Boomstick
12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure Buddy Ryan is. Granted he never coached here, but come on. Who wouldn't just laugh in disgust when he would release Lee Evans because "All he does is catch touchdowns."
And no, I'm not knocking Lee.

billogic99
12-05-2008, 11:33 PM
I'll bet San Diego fans wish he was still there.

Over Norv maybe, but they know he can't get them over the hump and lets face it, whats the point if you're not trying to win it all? I think Bill fans have seen enough of close but not close enough.

DynaPaul
12-06-2008, 01:56 PM
If it's a cold hard fact that Dick is staying then it's a cold hard fact that I won't be attending any games next year.

paladin warrior
12-06-2008, 02:34 PM
i agree with HH and bigbub. Unfortunately, Jauron will still be our coach next year.

:( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :grovel: Pls GOD NOOOOOOOOOO.. :cry: Sob SOB

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-06-2008, 03:08 PM

no problem, neither is Dickey J

Ingtar33
12-06-2008, 05:09 PM

are you kidding? Right now i'd kill just to get to the playoffs.

you have to get in to have a chance to go to the superbowl. As long as we're not getting to the playoffs we have no chance.

i'd take shottenheimer in a second

X-Era
12-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Duhh... is there anyone who doesnt know at this point that we may still keep Jauron?

Shotty is just plain shotty... you can talk records about him all you want, hes a flaky hair brained coach, hes not a guy Id like to have.

Id prefer either Billick or Fassel to him. Both have more playoffs experience, both demand strong performances from their teams. Both have been to SB's.

My dream is Cowher, but it will NEVER happen... no way in hell.

Your right on one thing, Haslett is a classic Bills pick.

I think its likely that we did indeed extend Jauron. I think Dicks our guys at least next year.

Nighthawk
12-06-2008, 08:12 PM
If they lose out or even lose 3 of 4 games, get ready for blackouts next year. Anybody with a brain is not going to by season tickets to watch this loser HC again next year.

X-Era
12-06-2008, 09:03 PM
If they lose out or even lose 3 of 4 games, get ready for blackouts next year. Anybody with a brain is not going to by season tickets to watch this loser HC again next year.

and thats where you are SOOOOO wrong.

This team has done a masterful job of doing just enough for us to believe they may be better each year. Only to let us down.

We will sell them all out, just watch and see.

I bet we have a decent draft and sign a few free agents and make many think we can compete next year. But I also bet they wont make any huge upgrades to actually be much better next year.