X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Why wasnt Schobel placed on IR????

Schobel for the most part in my opinion is a very overatted and over paid DE for the Buffalo Bills
    He does little for the community at all
    He is very arrogant in his interveiws
    He is grossly over paid for most of the time garbage time sacks
    He is not a game changer
    Teams do not plan around him being on the feild
    And we kept him on the active roster for 7-8 games hurt and he is out this week as well?
    The mismanagement of this roster falls directly on Dick Jaroun and his coaching staff, we still have 3 wrs on the Practice squad and have 6 on the active roster????there were weeks that went buy were we only had 7 players on the practice squad
    Our depth at LBer and DLine is grossly thin
    As well as at Oline

Now we keep a guy on the active roster who was contributing nothing before the injury and now made 7mil to have a ****ing foot injury, always something with these 3 white boys and there feet, all three have had serious foot injuries maybe cause they are always being driven to the ground on every play

We could have signed a vet like KGB or Simeon RIce to at least rotate in and give us some rush something that doesnt come from our starters and backups on the DE position
    Depth is a serious thing in this league and we have lacked it for 3 yrs now
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Why wasnt Schobel placed on IR????

Wait, I'm confussed a little. Do they have foot problems because they are white, or because of the ground?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i agree with a lot of what you said, but teams do game plan for him. and i think doubling him left stroud to make havoc and doubling stroud and schobel left the LB's in a position to make trouble.

Schobel doesn't really perform in the clutch, but he's never played on a Bills team that's been in a clutch situation.

I don't think i want him back next year, but i'd love for someone who commands a double team as one of our DE. Kelsay and Denney are one in the same and they blow.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I think he wasn't IR'd in case we made the playoff, and I would have done it the same way. Oh, NTM, I wouldn't have IR'd Crowell, that was stupid.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• eyedog
          • Jul 2002

Clutch. What a joke that is. I can count on one hand the clutch plays he has made in his whole career.

If they could get a 3rd rd. pick for him I would take that in a second. Best of both worlds. You get a player and get rid of his ridiculous salary.

Comment

• Mitchell55
            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by bigbub2352
            Schobel for the most part in my opinion is a very overatted and over paid DE for the Buffalo Bills He also has the 2nd most sacks in the past 5 years
            He does little for the community at all Niether does Stroud or Fred Jackson
            He is very arrogant in his interveiws Who cares
            He is grossly over paid for most of the time garbage time sacks There is no garbage time in the NFL
            He is not a game changer
            Teams do not plan around him being on the feild Then why is he always double teamed
            And we kept him on the active roster for 7-8 games hurt and he is out this week as well?
            The mismanagement of this roster falls directly on Dick Jaroun and his coaching staff, we still have 3 wrs on the Practice squad and have 6 on the active roster????there were weeks that went buy were we only had 7 players on the practice squad
            Our depth at LBer and DLine is grossly thin
            As well as at Oline

Now we keep a guy on the active roster who was contributing nothing before the injury and now made 7mil to have a ****ing foot injury, always something with these 3 white boys and there feet, all three have had serious foot injuries maybe cause they are always being driven to the ground on every play

We could have signed a vet like KGB or Simeon RIce to at least rotate in and give us some rush something that doesnt come from our starters and backups on the DE position
            Depth is a serious thing in this league and we have lacked it for 3 yrs now

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Schobel sucks, which is what I've been saying for 2 years now. Too bad the front office didn't listen to me in the off-season.

Hardy and McKelvin have been awesome.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Schobel sucks, which is what I've been saying for 2 years now. Too bad the front office didn't listen to me in the off-season.

Hardy and McKelvin have been awesome.

Yeah Hardy and McKelvin have been awsomes. 1 had a game winning TD catch and the other is leading the league in every KR stat.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                  Yeah Hardy and McKelvin have been awsomes. 1 had a game winning TD catch and the other is leading the league in every KR stat.
                  When will you people figure out that special teams don't get you to the playoffs? How many years have our special teams been good and what has it got us?

Defensive ends that can only muster up 5 sacks all year is not going to get it done in any league, on any team.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

mitchell59
                    Wow seriously
                    Garbage time sacks do exsist they come when we r beating a team badly or a team is beating us badly and we or they have no chance of winning and they let up
                    Happens all the time if u look at his sacks most come at the end of the game or against very below average teams, he is also never and repeat never a dominant force in a game
                    he will get 2 sacks in one game go without a sack for 4 games
                    Teams double team him cause they know there is no pass rush coming from anywhere else Kelsay and Denney are easily dominated by any tackle in the league
                    Try to pick a Bill that has been here for 7 yrs and not an Undrafted rookie FA in jackson, and a guy who has been here for 3 quarters of a season, also Stroud has a Charity foundation from JAX that he brought up here and has his own show answering questions for his fans, does schobel do this? Nope he runs to Texas and cuts down trees

he shows no emotion on the feild doesnt take the leadership role at all as one of the longest tenured Bills and also is very ineffective on the run

teams do not game plan around him, they know he is the only one who can rush the passer so they simply double team him or leave a back in to block and he is easily blocked

Dont let his stats full u, he is 2nd amongst sacks in the NFL but how many of those sacks were on 3rd down? how many stopped a scoring drive? how many rattled a QB? or changed the momentum of a game?
                    he is one of the reasons alot is wrong with this team TRADE HIM
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

2nd most sacks in 5 years but gets all his sacks in garbage time. Where is this garbage time everyone keeps talking about? We should be first place in the division to have that much garbage time.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madness
                        2nd most sacks in 5 years but gets all his sacks in garbage time. Where is this garbage time everyone keeps talking about? We should be first place in the division to have that much garbage time.
                        Garbage time is easy read above
                        he gets alot of sacks at meaningless times in the game, when we r winning and the other team has no chance or vice versa
                        also gets a boat load of sacks against subpar talented teams u know the ones we beat by 2 pts and then blow out of proportion saying we are a good team
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                          Wait, I'm confussed a little. Do they have foot problems because they are white, or because of the ground?

Was just using it to describe kelsay denney and schobel didnt feel like typin it out, but now u made me happy?
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                            Garbage time is easy read above
                            he gets alot of sacks at meaningless times in the game, when we r winning and the other team has no chance or vice versa
                            also gets a boat load of sacks against subpar talented teams u know the ones we beat by 2 pts and then blow out of proportion saying we are a good team
                            I didn't know getting sacks is that easy. DE's on good teams should have 10x the amount of sacks Schobel has then. Slackers.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madness
                              I didn't know getting sacks is that easy. DE's on good teams should have 10x the amount of sacks Schobel has then. Slackers.
                              I understand what your saying but please tell me one gamechanging play Schobel has made in the last 2-3 yrs to warrant the contract he got?
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X