• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Ruff just lost Miller

I don't think Miller is going to buy into the system any more

TAMPA, Fla. — There was no way to misread this: Ryan Miller was not happy with his coach's criticism.

The Buffalo Sabres' goaltender, singled out by Lindy Ruff after Thursday's 2-1 loss to Florida, abruptly ended his interview today shortly after being told of Ruff's comments. The coach said the first goal "was an easy play for Ryan to read," and Miller used the slight to close his chat.

Told that he may face more odd-man rushes because the coach wants his defensemen to join the play more, Miller … clearly taken aback by the earlier words and getting more emotional by the second … uttered, "Well, I guess I'm going to have to read better," and took off toward the team bus.

It was an edgy day all around in the Tampa Ice Forum Center, as the Sabres practiced hard for more than 75 minutes and Ruff continually shouted at his players to perform better.

"I told them we're going to work harder," Ruff said. "We're going to continue to work harder. There won't be any days off. There won't be any mornings off. We're just going to keep working harder."

Somthing has to give soon....
  • clumping platelets

Re: Ruff just lost Miller

This team is sinking quicker than the Titanic

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Oh God...looks like the Sabres decided to follow the Bills example for the season....

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I do have one question though...why the **** does Lindy call out Miller when they only lost 2-1? If the offense would do something other that pass the puck around and dump it off, maybe they would have won 3-2 or even 4-2.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
          I do have one question though...why the **** does Lindy call out Miller when they only lost 2-1? If the offense would do something other that pass the puck around and dump it off, maybe they would have won 3-2 or even 4-2.
          what good is it going to do to call out the same people night after night...at some point a coach has to pick on somebody else just to change the message...and he won't lose miller...if miller throws a tizz after something like then trade his ass away.

this team needs moves now.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Maybe he is trying to get Miller mad to get him to play better.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
              Maybe he is trying to get Miller mad to get him to play better.
              Good point....

Comment

• rbochan
                Zamboni Driver
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Hey! Give the offense a little credit. They hit the opposing goalie square in the chest 99% of the time. The other 1% is Spock shooting a 400 MPH one-timer from the point 500 feet wide of the net.
                ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  what good is it going to do to call out the same people night after night...at some point a coach has to pick on somebody else just to change the message...and he won't lose miller...if miller throws a tizz after something like then trade his ass away.

this team needs moves now.
                  Even the mere suggestion of trading Miller ranks up pretty high with some of the dumbest things I've read on this board.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Ruff doesn't need to call out players anymore, he need to go to Darcy and idiot Quinn and tell them to get their heads out of their asses! Make a friggin' move and trade some of these players out of here. There are zero untouchables on this team and I mean ZERO! We've heard all the excuses about wanting to wait for this team to grow, well, the fact is, this team isn't good enough and the only way to make it better is to acquire talent. I know that is a hard concept for this mentally challenged organization, but it's about time they wake the f**k up and get something done!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Did Miller get his widdle feelings hurt? Maybe he is just challenging him to take it to the next level and win a game once in awhile for his team when it is struggling like the backup goalie did for Columbus. That being said, Lindy needs to quit calling everyone out because it appears he is losing his team.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Folks, Ruff was right...Miller needs to keep his head in the game more often because he constantly gives up goals right after the Sabres score. He is a BIG reason why this team does not win many close games.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Miller is brutal!

Comment

Working...
                          X