PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Preview

gr8slayer
12-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Dolphins vs. Rams (Week 12)

- 1 Turnover/ fumbled the ball 3 times, lost one of them.

- 0 Sacks (for the defense).

- 3 INT's (for the defense), two of the three were literally thrown right to the defender.

- Can be run on up the middle, Jackson tore them apart running right at them.

- 7 Penalties on the Dolphins in the first half/ 3 in the second half.

- Rams managed to get pressure rushing four most of the day.

- Seem to give up more yardage on the misdirection run plays (counter, draw, etc...)

- LOVE to run the curl route, and do it well.

- Red Zone TD's 1

- Blockers stay on blocks until whistle blows, very Parcells like. This is something that the Bills have trouble doing this year.

- Wild Cat run = 3, one was a fumbled snap, really wasn't effective at all.

- St. Louis' Guards did a great job pulling, this was really effective for the Rams and just so happens to be something the Bills do early and often.

- Really nothing special on ST's.

- I imagine Lynch might break ten or more tackles this week, the Dolphins were horrible at the point of attack vs. the Rams.

- Don't be surprised to hear Bess' (WR) name a lot this week. They are doing anything they can to get him the ball, I counted 6 attempts to get him the ball on offense.

- CB's play a fair amount of man coverage, they will likely know better than to do that against Evans and will likely cover him over the top with a Safety.

- The trick plays they run are fun to watch but they are starting to catch up to them and cost them points and field position.

- Pennington does an excellent job of selling the play-action, fooled the Rams every time.

I was hoping to give you a couple of names to keep an eye on as standout players but there really were none in this game. The Dolphins did a poor job of applying pressure, though they allowed Pennington to take a few pretty big hits. Buffalo may have to re-think the whole zone scheme vs. the Dolphins and play some more bump and run because Pennington does an excellent job of finding the holes in the zone when given time. Ricky Williams still has a lot of gas left in the tank and is still the same reckless, powerful runner we all remember, he's lost a step and doesn't have the bulk he once did but is still a very effective #2, I'd venture to say that he's the best #2 the NFL has to offer. Ronnie Brown wasn't particularly impressive in this game although he did have a very strong run on the goal line and did a good job of turning the corner.

This is another one of those games that the Bills "should win" in my opinion. I imagine that Lynch will have yet another strong game, the statistics will tell you that Miami is 11th vs. the run this year but the game film would say otherwise. They may only give up 97 yards per average but they give up a large number of those yards at the wrong time. If the Bills are going to win this game they are going to need to attack a very poor secondary early and often, the Dolphins come into the game ranked 26th against the pass and it's easy to see why. Bulger and Company gave them fits most of the day last Sunday and had it not been for some very poor passes by Bulger the Rams may have won that football game. Thus, if Losman can avoid the stupid passes the Bills have an excellent shot at winning this game and keeping their hopes alive for another week.

!Papacrunk!
12-06-2008, 09:33 AM
As far as wins go, that game was one of the team's worst performances of the year.