PDA

View Full Version : UB BULLS WIN MAC CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Philagape
12-05-2008, 10:17 PM
For giving Buffalo fans something to be proud of after a horrific month

:bf1: :jig: :dance: :hiclap:

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
A Buffalo Sports team that does NOT suck!!!

hammerbillsfan
12-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Congrats to UB!! :up:

jimbohastle51
12-05-2008, 10:35 PM
amazing game!!! 2 huge defensive TD's really swung the momentum and won the game for us.... but after the game is what got me. the commentator talks to turner gil and gils says he is "speechless" the commentator asks why and he replied while crying.. where his program was 3 years ago to be MAC champs now! the coach cried and praised his team and took ZERO credit, gave it all to his team. no i am not going to foolishly say turner gil for bills coach but what i will say is that dick jauron could take a lesson or 2 from this man when it comes to showing emotion and firing up players. ball state may not be a great school but there QB WILL be a 1st or 2nd round pick and they were undefeated and 12 in the nation. gil is the reason that those players turned it around and played there hearts out for the past 2 full seasons. if only jauron could get that kind of bond with our bills to fight the extra inch. maybe that extra inch is the difference between a win or two that could have changed our season. GO BULLS!!! you guys deserve it! hopefully our bills can get inspired from this win and build on it sunday!

CuseJetsFan83
12-05-2008, 10:36 PM
thats what happens when you have a coach that shows emotion, and doesn't just act like a pawn

hydro
12-05-2008, 10:43 PM
:bf1: Buffalo gets a championship of sorts!

clumping platelets
12-05-2008, 10:45 PM
:clap:

Mski
12-05-2008, 10:47 PM
:bf1: way to go BULLS, i turned the game on at the start of the 4th, and they dominated the last 15 minutes of the game

clumping platelets
12-05-2008, 10:47 PM
:clap:

ParanoidAndroid
12-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Woohoo!!!!!!!

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2008, 10:53 PM
I watched the first half at a bar, missed half of the 3rd quarter while getting home (blasted snow!) and watched the rest at home (I did miss the 92 yard return though - dammit)

What a performance!

tat2dmike77
12-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Atleast someone in Buffalo knows how to coach a football team. Congrats to UB and the Fans, Students, Faculty, Staff, Players and Coaches!

losman2evans
12-05-2008, 11:37 PM
The annoucers said on ESPN:
"No one circles the wagon like the Buffalo Bulls"

Very nice

patmoran2006
12-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Great f'n game.. What an amazing turnaround led by Gill in only three years. wow

Unfortunately, as it goes with WNY, the bowl game on Jan 3rd will certainly be Gill's last game as UB coach. He'll go on to bigger things-- pretty much like every figure in Buffalo sports has over the last decade.

Ebenezer
12-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Awesome indeed! Does that mean they are a lock for the Motor City Bowl?

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2008, 01:08 AM

nope, off to toronto

Ebenezer
12-06-2008, 01:16 AM
nope, off to toronto
I'd rather see them in the Motor City bowl against a Big 10 opponent.

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2008, 01:38 AM
I'd rather see them in the Motor City bowl against a Big 10 opponent.
ohio state will end up sneaking into one of the bcs bowls......... if that happens the big 10 doesn't have enough tie ins..... you can almost bank on it

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Great f'n game.. What an amazing turnaround led by Gill in only three years. wow

Unfortunately, as it goes with WNY, the bowl game on Jan 3rd will certainly be Gill's last game as UB coach. He'll go on to bigger things-- pretty much like every figure in Buffalo sports has over the last decade.

as much as i agree...... something deep down hopes he stays in buffalo.

shelby
12-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Congrats Bulls!

SABURZFAN
12-06-2008, 09:24 AM
that was a good game by UB. :bf1:

The Jokeman
12-06-2008, 09:35 AM
From what the announcers said the team wants to play in the International Bowl in Toronto. As the closeness seem to be a big factor in their decision.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2008, 10:23 AM
What a great week for UB athletics. The basketball team plays U Conn straight up, and the football team wins the MAC Championship.

I hope Gill stays, but he could make at least a $million more per year, anywhere else, than he's making now. How hard is that to pass up?

blackonyx89
12-06-2008, 10:45 AM
The annoucers said on ESPN:
"No one circles the wagon like the Buffalo Bulls"

Very nice

EXCELLENT!!! GO BULLS!!!

jimbohastle51
12-06-2008, 01:24 PM
i really hope all of us buffalonians really appreciate this because this IS a big win for us. i know Syracuse won a basketball national championship but for this city this is huge. come this draft if starks comes out he WILL get drafted and drew willy WILL be drafted as well. WILLY could be as high as a 4th or 5th rounder, and naaman roosevelt could be a really high pick when he comes out, i could see roosevelt going in the 3rd-5th round. look at greg jennings out of western michagan same kinda size speed and playmaking ability as roosevelt out of the MAC. todd mcshay ranks willy the 11th QB in the draft so far and after the performance last night its sure to go up at least in the top 10. mcshay is usually pretty good about his rankings. i am just happy to see our program going in the right direction. and really proud buffalo has a championship football team.

DraftBoy
12-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Great win by a program on the rise!

Hopefully this will improve their recruiting year for next season!!

Ingtar33
12-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Willy won't be higher then 6th round if he's drafted at all.

But Gill is probably gone. Some team somewhere will throw 3mil a year at him, and that will be that.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Turner Gill and UB return home with MAC trophy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/202CcgVmNy8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/202CcgVmNy8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-06-2008, 05:26 PM

But Gill is probably gone. Some team somewhere will throw 3mil a year at him, and that will be that.

as a UB Alumni class of 2002 I have connections,

Willy is contemplating between coming out for the draft or staying on at UB to earn his major (communications) and play for a 5th and final season.

Turner Gill's name has come up as head coach for the Syracuse head coaching football job. He wants to stay at UB.

Ebenezer
12-06-2008, 05:33 PM

Sadly, I don't disagree. The writing is on the wall and it is Buffalo after all. Nothing works long term for us here. SUNY will never pay him what he will command on the open market. If they could they would never have allowed him to interview at Syracuse...they would have just paid him.

Dr. Lecter
12-06-2008, 05:41 PM
as a UB Alumni class of 2004 I have connections,

Willy is contemplating between coming out for the draft or staying on at UB to earn his major (communications) and play for a 5th and final season.

Turner Gill's name has come up as head coach for the Syracuse head coaching football job. He wants to stay at UB.

Willy is a senior and is gone regardless, isn't he?

Ebenezer
12-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I really want to go to the bowl game but have to work overnight at the hospital on both 1/2 and 1/3.

jimbohastle51
12-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Willy is a senior and is gone regardless, isn't he?

no if he was redshirted he still has a year of eligibility. alot of players do that. willy is a decent pro prospect with his size and weight, and he is accurate and decent decision maker. if he comes back depending on if bradford, tebow, and mccoy stay he could be a solid pick next year if he stayed a year with roosevelt and starks, but if those 2 leave he should go as well. the hopes of this team being as good next year lie in the hands of starks and roosevelt coming back, and you can bet that if starks and roosevelt leave it could also have say in gil's decision to stay or not. would you stay or leave if most your talent was gone?? unfortunatley if gil comes back it will only be for one year, if he competes for another MAC championship that man with get big time offers next season and teams like syracuse won't even have a chance at him cause his stock will be so high.

TigerJ
12-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Turner Gill is one impressive human being. I expect he'll probably go on to a more prestigious school, but I would't be shocked if he does decide to stay for a while longer. What he's done at UB gives him something of a rare opportunity to have taken a program in the pits and create a legacy of pride and winning. The interview after the game, and his embrace with the athletic director at UB (the guy who hired him) showed Gill has developed an emotional attachment to the program, and he just might want to see how far he can take it.

Ingtar33
12-07-2008, 12:09 AM
as a UB Alumni class of 2002 I have connections,

this isn't true at all.

Willy started in 2005 as a true freshman. this is his last year of eligibility (starting QB: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)

you might want to get new sources.

this is his last year as a Buffalo Bull

JD
12-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Shelby, what a joke of a sig you have.. how do you include trent? Not even 2 full seasons :rofl:

thenry20
12-07-2008, 03:19 AM
amazing game!!! 2 huge defensive TD's really swung the momentum and won the game for us.... but after the game is what got me. the commentator talks to turner gil and gils says he is "speechless" the commentator asks why and he replied while crying.. where his program was 3 years ago to be MAC champs now! the coach cried and praised his team and took ZERO credit, gave it all to his team. no i am not going to foolishly say turner gil for bills coach but what i will say is that dick jauron could take a lesson or 2 from this man when it comes to showing emotion and firing up players. ball state may not be a great school but there QB WILL be a 1st or 2nd round pick and they were undefeated and 12 in the nation. gil is the reason that those players turned it around and played there hearts out for the past 2 full seasons. if only jauron could get that kind of bond with our bills to fight the extra inch. maybe that extra inch is the difference between a win or two that could have changed our season. GO BULLS!!! you guys deserve it! hopefully our bills can get inspired from this win and build on it sunday!

Beautiful. Players who care and are self motivated.

Philagape
12-07-2008, 07:59 AM
this isn't true at all.

Willy started in 2005 as a true freshman. this is his last year of eligibility (starting QB: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)

you might want to get new sources.

this is his last year as a Buffalo Bull

Hmmmm whom should I believe ..... Ingtar or LW? :huh: