• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Its not ALWAYS the coaches

YOu know, I hate our coaches, and I blame a lot on them. Most here do as well.

But, you can't put everything on them. There is a lack of talent here, especially on offense, and players have to make plays.

Take Atlanta.. They get a rookie QB, a RB who wasn't even a starter last year (Turner) and a OL that was woeful last year.. One year later, they are one of the best offenses in football. Why?? in large part, talent..

THeir OC by the way: Mike Freegin Mularkey. He looks like a genius now.

Bottom line is the players have to execute. We don't have a whole lot of talent, so maybe its time to start blaming the players more, or the man who's MOST responsible for putting the team together; the GM (we do have one, right?)
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 12-06-2008, 01:03 AM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Its not ALWAYS the coaches

What's wrong with you recently? Your skills have diminished.

Everyone knows that this organization from top to bottom is screwed up right now. And MOST of us know that in order to win a championship, you need everything to click. The only thing I hear clicking on Sunday's is my right knee when I have to get up to get another beer.

Lets go Pat!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jamze132
      What's wrong with you recently? Your skills have diminished.

Everyone knows that this organization from top to bottom is screwed up right now. And MOST of us know that in order to win a championship, you need everything to click. The only thing I hear clicking on Sunday's is my right knee when I have to get up to get another beer.

Lets go Pat!
      Hey, the majority of the opinion on this board is that we have plenty of talent but the coaching holds them back.

So, I wouldn't say everyone knows.

This is one of the least talented teams in the NFL. Bar none.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I've always said its the talent on the field.

I'd fire the GM before I'd fire the coach.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Take Atlanta.. They get a rookie QB, a RB who wasn't even a starter last year (Turner) and a OL that was woeful last year.. One year later, they are one of the best offenses in football. Why?? in large part, talent..
          Does this sound like an argument towards you case, or against it. I mean, they added a rookie QB and another teams backup RB. Their biggest change was at coach.

Look at the Dolphins too. Their whole freakin culture changed.
          Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          Which is it? "One of", or "bar none"? I'm gonna have to disagree with ya either way. I feel like I coulda coached them to a playoffs this year.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Of course it's not only coaching, but coaching is the main problem with this team right now. Could we use some new players...yes! Could we use a new GM...yes! Could we use a new owner...yes! However, none of that takes away from the fact that Dickey is a terrible HC, has always been a terrible HC and will always be a terrible HC.

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

How do you explain Miami's turnaround?

They have a no-name defense (other than Porter), absolutely NO wideouts, and a quarterback that hasn't been great in at least six years.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

It may not always be the coaches, but it mostly is this time.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

But, you can't put everything on them. There is a lack of talent here, especially on offense, and players have to make plays.

Bottom line is the players have to execute. We don't have a whole lot of talent, so maybe its time to start blaming the players more, or the man who's MOST responsible for putting the team together; the GM (we do have one, right?)
                  I think better coaching could get more out of our talent, but we're at least a C, TE, big WR, pass rushing DE and a LB away from where we need to be talent-wise. So I think our mediocrity is a combination of less-than-stellar coaching, and inferior personnel at key positions.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I think better coaching could get more out of our talent, but we're at least a C, TE, big WR, pass rushing DE and a LB away from where we need to be talent-wise. So I think our mediocrity is a combination of less-than-stellar coaching, and inferior personnel at key positions.
                    I totally agree.
                    For the record, I HATE our coaching.. But its not JUST coaching why we're not where we should be, that was my point.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

The issue is and has been for a while the FO, its never been properly manned and we have never had the right decisions made. You gotta start there. Blank went out and got one of the most highly regarded young minds in football in Dimitroff and look where they are now. A good HC, a good OC and in the divisional chase after good draft picks. It all starts and ends with a good GM.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Hey, the majority of the opinion on this board is that we have plenty of talent but the coaching holds them back.

So, I wouldn't say everyone knows.

We have a pretty damn talented team, imho. We went on that win streak at the beginning of the season due to talent, not because of excellent coaching.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

These coaches couldn't coach me to take a dump after eating at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                            We have a pretty damn talented team, imho. We went on that win streak at the beginning of the season due to talent, not because of excellent coaching.
                            We went on that win streak because we played some of the worst teams in the league at the time. We are not that talented.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

I was clear since day one that I thought Matt Ryan was a winner and one of the best QB prospects in a long time.

There is no QB prospect of his caliper in this draft IMO. I think Harrell will be a decent QB in the NFL but hes not at Ryans level.

Comment

Working...
                              X