PDA

View Full Version : Its not ALWAYS the coaches

patmoran2006
12-06-2008, 12:44 AM
YOu know, I hate our coaches, and I blame a lot on them. Most here do as well.

But, you can't put everything on them. There is a lack of talent here, especially on offense, and players have to make plays.

Take Atlanta.. They get a rookie QB, a RB who wasn't even a starter last year (Turner) and a OL that was woeful last year.. One year later, they are one of the best offenses in football. Why?? in large part, talent..

THeir OC by the way: Mike Freegin Mularkey. He looks like a genius now.

Bottom line is the players have to execute. We don't have a whole lot of talent, so maybe its time to start blaming the players more, or the man who's MOST responsible for putting the team together; the GM (we do have one, right?)

jamze132
12-06-2008, 01:09 AM
What's wrong with you recently? Your skills have diminished.

Everyone knows that this organization from top to bottom is screwed up right now. And MOST of us know that in order to win a championship, you need everything to click. The only thing I hear clicking on Sunday's is my right knee when I have to get up to get another beer.

Lets go Pat!

Mr. Pink
12-06-2008, 05:08 AM
What's wrong with you recently? Your skills have diminished.

Everyone knows that this organization from top to bottom is screwed up right now. And MOST of us know that in order to win a championship, you need everything to click. The only thing I hear clicking on Sunday's is my right knee when I have to get up to get another beer.

Lets go Pat!

Hey, the majority of the opinion on this board is that we have plenty of talent but the coaching holds them back.

So, I wouldn't say everyone knows.

This is one of the least talented teams in the NFL. Bar none.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2008, 06:10 AM
I've always said its the talent on the field.

I'd fire the GM before I'd fire the coach.

yordad
12-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Take Atlanta.. They get a rookie QB, a RB who wasn't even a starter last year (Turner) and a OL that was woeful last year.. One year later, they are one of the best offenses in football. Why?? in large part, talent..
Does this sound like an argument towards you case, or against it. I mean, they added a rookie QB and another teams backup RB. Their biggest change was at coach.

Look at the Dolphins too. Their whole freakin culture changed.

This is one of the least talented teams in the NFL. Bar none.Which is it? "One of", or "bar none"? I'm gonna have to disagree with ya either way. I feel like I coulda coached them to a playoffs this year.

Nighthawk
12-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Of course it's not only coaching, but coaching is the main problem with this team right now. Could we use some new players...yes! Could we use a new GM...yes! Could we use a new owner...yes! However, none of that takes away from the fact that Dickey is a terrible HC, has always been a terrible HC and will always be a terrible HC.

Thurmal
12-06-2008, 08:11 AM
How do you explain Miami's turnaround?

They have a no-name defense (other than Porter), absolutely NO wideouts, and a quarterback that hasn't been great in at least six years.

yordad
12-06-2008, 08:15 AM
It may not always be the coaches, but it mostly is this time.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2008, 10:37 AM

But, you can't put everything on them. There is a lack of talent here, especially on offense, and players have to make plays.

Bottom line is the players have to execute. We don't have a whole lot of talent, so maybe its time to start blaming the players more, or the man who's MOST responsible for putting the team together; the GM (we do have one, right?)
I think better coaching could get more out of our talent, but we're at least a C, TE, big WR, pass rushing DE and a LB away from where we need to be talent-wise. So I think our mediocrity is a combination of less-than-stellar coaching, and inferior personnel at key positions.

patmoran2006
12-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I think better coaching could get more out of our talent, but we're at least a C, TE, big WR, pass rushing DE and a LB away from where we need to be talent-wise. So I think our mediocrity is a combination of less-than-stellar coaching, and inferior personnel at key positions.
I totally agree.
For the record, I HATE our coaching.. But its not JUST coaching why we're not where we should be, that was my point.

DraftBoy
12-06-2008, 12:22 PM
The issue is and has been for a while the FO, its never been properly manned and we have never had the right decisions made. You gotta start there. Blank went out and got one of the most highly regarded young minds in football in Dimitroff and look where they are now. A good HC, a good OC and in the divisional chase after good draft picks. It all starts and ends with a good GM.

PECKERWOOD
12-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey, the majority of the opinion on this board is that we have plenty of talent but the coaching holds them back.

So, I wouldn't say everyone knows.

This is one of the least talented teams in the NFL. Bar none.

We have a pretty damn talented team, imho. We went on that win streak at the beginning of the season due to talent, not because of excellent coaching.

DynaPaul
12-06-2008, 01:46 PM
These coaches couldn't coach me to take a dump after eating at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

DraftBoy
12-06-2008, 01:58 PM
We have a pretty damn talented team, imho. We went on that win streak at the beginning of the season due to talent, not because of excellent coaching.

We went on that win streak because we played some of the worst teams in the league at the time. We are not that talented.

X-Era
12-06-2008, 06:10 PM

I was clear since day one that I thought Matt Ryan was a winner and one of the best QB prospects in a long time.

There is no QB prospect of his caliper in this draft IMO. I think Harrell will be a decent QB in the NFL but hes not at Ryans level.

Coach Sal
12-06-2008, 07:45 PM
How do you explain Miami's turnaround?

Fewest turnovers in the league and very few injuries.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2008, 05:33 AM
We went on that win streak because we played some of the worst teams in the league at the time. We are not that talented.

Whatever, some truth there but we are more talented than you're leading on.

Mr. Pink
12-07-2008, 09:19 AM

We went on a winning streak because we played team's who had injury issues and one of the few teams that has less talent than we do in Oakland.

Not because of our talent or coaching.

Mr. Pink
12-07-2008, 09:22 AM
It may not always be the coaches, but it mostly is this time.

With our talent, it wouldn't matter who was coach, we still wouldn't be a playoff contender.

We can't block for the run or pass.

We don't have consistent QBing.

We can't stop the run or pass.

So you tell me, how this is mostly on coaching?

HHURRICANE
12-07-2008, 10:00 AM

I'm kind of tired of this board because, yet again, I got ripped during the off-season for saying this team lacked talent.

And as usual I had to endure the "Schobel is one of the best pass rushers" or "Lynch is a top 5 RB" or "Evans is awesome"....blah,blah.

The sad part was I even said there was a scenario where we could win the division and of course the opportunity arose, we were in first place, and we f'd it up.

baalworship
12-07-2008, 12:39 PM
This team needs more talent and what it really needs is competent QB play. That being said a real coach could have gotten us wins against Miami , San Fran, and Cleveland this year.

So whatever you think of the talent on this team that would have this team in first place in the AFC East. I agree we need difference makers but this team is not a KC, Oakland, or San Fran talent wise.