PDA

View Full Version : Turner Gill

JD
12-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Now, THAT is a real ****ing coach ladies and gentlemen.

:band:

yordad
12-06-2008, 07:04 AM
I'd say so.

DBrown77
12-06-2008, 07:26 AM
I agree and congrats to them. Of course that is the MAC and not the NFL, but he brought his boys to play

Nighthawk
12-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Great victory for that program. He is the best example of how much a coach can make a difference in a team success. Props to UB!

Dujek
12-06-2008, 07:58 AM
:bf1:

Night Train
12-06-2008, 08:23 AM
He'll always be a college head coach, since his top priority is working with college age athletes.

Look for the calls from the major colleges to come streaming in for interviews.

patmoran2006
12-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Yeah, there is no doubt the bowl game will be his last game at UB.

He just became a hot commodity.

El Guapo
12-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Yeah, there is no doubt the bowl game will be his last game at UB.

He just became a hot commodity.

There's quite a bit of talk down here about him for the Auburn job.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2008, 10:28 AM
If he goes, I'd like him to move from UB to Syracuse. That way, he can turn my other favorite college program around.

blackonyx89
12-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Now, THAT is a real ****ing coach ladies and gentlemen.

:band:

Take notes Dick Jauron. I wish he would get a call from old Ralphie, but that ain't gonna happen. He can do no worse than Jauron. He would be like Obama cleaning up Bush's mess!!! LOL!

:D: :D: :D:

Jan Reimers
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM
He would be like Obama cleaning up Bush's mess!!! LOL!
Aw, the simplistic view. Obviously, Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Dodd and Schumer had nothing to do with the mess we're in. Blame the evil Bush, and absolve the crooked and incompetent Dems, who supported the irresponsible, and criminal, actions of Freddie and Fannie, right up until the subprime mortgage crisis brought down the economy.

Yasgur's Farm
12-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Aw, the simplistic view. Obviously, Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Dodd and Schumer had nothing to do with the mess we're in. Blame the evil Bush, and absolve the crooked and incompetent Dems, who supported the irresponsible, and criminal, actions of Freddie and Fannie, right up until the subprime mortgage crisis brought down the economy.That's the truth right there... I don't care who you are!

BUT... I'm gonna give Obama a chance. I refuse to treat him how the Dems treated Bush!

Yasgur's Farm
12-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Ohhh.... And.... NICE JOB TURNER GILL!!!

blackonyx89
12-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Aw, the simplistic view. Obviously, Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Dodd and Schumer had nothing to do with the mess we're in. Blame the evil Bush, and absolve the crooked and incompetent Dems, who supported the irresponsible, and criminal, actions of Freddie and Fannie, right up until the subprime mortgage crisis brought down the economy.

No time for political talk, I made a simple comparison of a coach who knows what he's doing as opposed to a guy who's clueless. The election's over dude, get off the podium and celebrate the win. Sheesh, can't take a joke?

:poop:

Jan Reimers
12-06-2008, 11:28 AM
No time for political talk, I made a simple comparison of a coach who knows what he's doing as opposed to a guy who's clueless. The election's over dude, get off the podium and celebrate the win. Sheesh, can't take a joke?

:poop:
I can take a joke just as well as a Democrat can take responsibility for anything negative.

But seriously, I will support Obama, and hope he can turn things around. I just hope he can do so without continually blaming everything on Bush, while ignoring the reality that things really went to Hell the last couple of years under a Democrat controlled Congress.

blackonyx89
12-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I can take a joke just as well as a Democrat can take responsibility for anything negative.

But seriously, I will support Obama, and hope he can turn things around. I just hope he can do so without continually blaming everything on Bush, while ignoring the reality that things really went to Hell the last couple of years under a Democrat controlled Congress.

Sorry. Go Bulls!

sdbillsfan2
12-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Imagine that! UB won a championship, wiith out the best of talent, and they righted the ship in just 3 years. ( can we all say rebuilding a program) Ralph , take notes ol'man . Think what would happen with competent field leadership and supposed professional talent,

WAY to go UB ..And thank you Turner Gil !

trapezeus
12-06-2008, 11:57 AM
i've been trying to push the "bills to interview Gil" rumor for 2 weeks.

Gil has faced weak recruiting, playing some of the toughest teams away from home, and he not only got them competitive in 3 years, he actually made winners out of them. if he know how to run his system even with players he doesn't think are the best of the best, then this guy, in my opinion, i ready to coach a small market NFL team. you aren't going to get a great player at every position, you arent going to have the money laying around to sign everyone. you just got to get people on board and move.

i'm sure $1-2MM a year is a huge step up for him over the $200+ he makes with buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
12-06-2008, 02:27 PM
i've been trying to push the "bills to interview Gil" rumor for 2 weeks.

Gil has faced weak recruiting, playing some of the toughest teams away from home, and he not only got them competitive in 3 years, he actually made winners out of them. if he know how to run his system even with players he doesn't think are the best of the best, then this guy, in my opinion, i ready to coach a small market NFL team. you aren't going to get a great player at every position, you arent going to have the money laying around to sign everyone. you just got to get people on board and move.

i'm sure $1-2MM a year is a huge step up for him over the $200+ he makes with buffalo.
Again Gil has said hundreds of times that his calling is coaching and molding young men. He has no interest in the NFL.

gr8slayer
12-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Again Gil has said hundreds of times that his calling is coaching and molding young men. He has no interest in the NFL.
I'm sure the NFL has no interest in him either, winning a MAC Championship is hardly an impressive feat compared to what he would have to do in the NFL or even a much better conference. He'd be smart to take the Auburn job and show that he can do it in a real conference first. Now if he wants to be a coordinator or something of the sort I'm sure there could be a spot for him somewhere in the league. If the rumors are correct and Auburn and Leach are talking Gill can kiss his chances goodbye with Auburn.

I'm really interested in seeing who the Bulls are going to be faced with in their bowl game. Another win against a mid-ranked team could really put the program in the national spotlight and help to get some better recruits in there.

TigerJ
12-06-2008, 09:11 PM
He'll always be a college head coach, since his top priority is working with college age athletes.

Look for the calls from the major colleges to come streaming in for interviews.

I agree. He has deep roots in the college game.

Tiburon1724
12-06-2008, 10:11 PM
I've been told he's only interested in going to Nebraska. Otherwise he intends on staying at Buffalo.