Ellis on IR/Mace activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Ellis on IR/Mace activated

Yet another reason why this team is horrible. Can somebody please tell me why we are still wasting time with Mace? Why is this guy even on a practice roster? The absolute bumbling by this organization is amazing. Hey, who knows...maybe Mace will be the next coming of Kampman...however, I doubt it!
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Ellis on IR/Mace activated

Man, Ellis had a singular lack of impact as a third rounder, didn't he?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Nighthawk
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Man, Ellis had a singular lack of impact as a third rounder, didn't he?
      I don't know...I didn't see enough of him. I'm not one to bash on rookies...after a couple of years and he still sucks, then I'll make a judgement call.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        I don't know...I didn't see enough of him. I'm not one to bash on rookies...after a couple of years and he still sucks, then I'll make a judgement call.
        I totally agree. But it's always nice to get something out of a high draft choice, particularly at a critical position of need, in his rookie year.

Ellis, and Hardy, may both turn out to be good - or even great - players. Unfortunately, they were drafted high at needs positions, but were not ready to make contributios early on.

Not a judgment, just an observation.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Again with my point of the lack of depth and mismanagment on this roster we have 9WRs on the roster including practice squad
          There are no Dlineman out ther to put on there practice squad no prospects no street free agents?

There were times this season that we didnt have 8 people on the practice squad
          Normally i wouldnt be this harsh but with NFL Europe gone it is more important than ever to be developing players on the PS, look at Fred Jackson and Jake Delhomme, Gibran Hamden, Justin Jenkins, Donte hall all developed players in the NFL
          We are short at LBer, DE, DT, Interior OLine, and in my opnion we could use another FB
          The fact that Mace is activated i believe truly is to sell tickets for this Toronto crap, he was publicily interveiwed about this cause he is Canadian saying how great it is to play up there
          It sounds stupid but Nighthawk and Jan i couldnt agree with you more Mace is a BUM did nothing to be on the PS last year or this year that is why it could be directly related to Marketing
          Also Chris Ellis was a joke when he did play he is undersized and weak and showed very little promise but again too early to tell, but that is bad production out of a 3rd round pick they couldnt even use him on ST

Go out and sign a pass rusher anything would help I guess the Pats thought Colvin was good enough for a Playoff run, hmmm they dont know what there doin i guess!!!!!!
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

wow, they gave mccargo 3 years to prove he sucked.ellis didn't even get through the year. the scouting continues to miss with their opportunities.

we wanted character only...then we'd take the common thug, but we're still missing on picks. and it's really pathetic, because the last couple years we've drafted high and often.

i hope the bills meltdown this year continues and the whole organization sees that they are on notice.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Too early to judge Ellis, like Nighthawk said. However, the preview doesn't look good for him. Atleast Hardy has a couple TD grabs and McKelvin has been a force on defense and ST's.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Sweet! Mace "is familiar with the Bills"!
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Ellis was a bust of a pick from day one, hated it from the start.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                    !?!?!?!?!?
                    • Mar 2006

I totally agree. But it's always nice to get something out of a high draft choice, particularly at a critical position of need, in his rookie year.

Ellis, and Hardy, may both turn out to be good - or even great - players. Unfortunately, they were drafted high at needs positions, but were not ready to make contributios early on.

Hardy was ready and got open just no1 ever got him the ball.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      Hardy was ready and got open just no1 ever got him the ball.
                      That certainly was part of it, but I remember passes thrown his way where he didn't use his size, or didn't fight hard enough for the catch. In other words, when a ball was thrown to him, he didn't look like a big, strong, competitive NFL receiver. But he's young, and may very well develop.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

It's this organization's MO. We have needs- let's draft guys rather than get some FA's. They develop and it takes 2-3 years. By that time a) needs develop at other positions (for example, by the time Ellis and Hardy get it, Lynch and Jackson will be wearing down) and b) they contribute for a year or two, then their rookie contract ends and the Bills just let them walk, so they draft players at the same positions and the never-ending cycle of mediocrity perpetuates itself.

I don't fault Hardy and Ellis for not making an immediate impact as rookies, but at some point this FO is going to have to either bring in FA's who are already experienced or find rookies who can make immediate contributions, because right now we're just spinning our proverbial wheels.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                          Sweet! Mace "is familiar with the Bills"!
                          We have only two active DE's for this week's game. Signing a DE off the street who doesn't know the defense wouldn't help much.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
                            Ellis was a bust of a pick from day one, hated it from the start.
                            Just like you hated the McKelvin pick?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              Just like you hated the McKelvin pick?
                              I did?

Comment

Working...
                              X