PDA

View Full Version : My desperation mock offseason if I were Ralph

Mitchell55
12-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I know the title might scare you but this is what I would do.

Sign- Brian Billick as Head Coach. He is a defensive and power running minded coach which is exactly what we need/have. He would give lynch the ball more and knows how to win.

Cut/trade- Trade Ko and Royal for a 5th, release McNtire

Resign- Peters- he has been back to form and we need him to stay. He is not a Free agent but will probably give us some trouble based on what he did last year.
Greer- our CBs have looked good even while he has been injured so him being back along with Youboty and McKelvin growing will eventually be a very scary DB.
Preston C- He has looked solid at C, not great but solid. Is deserving of a 1-2 year contract.
Niel- LS- He wont cost us nearly anything to resign. We need him to stay, if you want proof, look at the steelers game this year when they lost there LS.
Chamber G/T- He will need to be here for Depth

FA Sign-
Charlie Batch- just for a vet, he wont be 2nd string but will provide a veteran leadership for TE.

JJ Arrington RB- We need to have a 1-2 punch and he has been good with Arizona. Hes also averaging 5.8 ypc this year and has 133 yards from 23 touches. He sounds just like Freddy.

Terrell suggs- Well I let Crow walk and we dont have a DE, if there is ever a injury on our LB core Suggs will be able to fill that along with DE. It fill 1 1/2 positions at once. The 1/2 is that he wont be able to do both at once.

Release/dont resign- Losman, Hamdan, Jackson, Jenkins, Fowler, Bryan, Wilson, Crow

Draft-

1st- Aaron Curry LB- Get him while we can. Hes a monster.
2nd- Try to trade back into the late 1st and get either Pettigrew or Greshman. Also trade 4th. So it will be 2nd and 4th for 28th-32nd pick.
3rd- Josh McNiel C- Will bolster our OL
5th- Rashad Johnston S- 94 tackles, 5.5 for loss and 8 pass breakups. Need I say more?
5th- Brannan Southerland FB- The beast with a monster in front of him. Scary!
6th- Graham Harrall QB- Someone who can come in and play if Trent gets injured.
7th- Louis Vasques G- Depth and did come from Texas tech so him and Harrall will be comfortable with each other.

Depth Chart

QB- Trent, Harrall, Batch
RB- Lynch, Arrington, Oman
FB- Southerland
WR- Evans, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Johnson
LT- Peters, Bell
LG- Doc, Vasques
C- McNiel, Preston
RG- Butler, Whittle
RT- Walker, Chambers
LE- Suggs, Ellis
RE- Schobel, Kelsay, Denney
DT- Stroud, Williams, Johnson
LB- Mitchell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Curry, Corto
CB- McGee, Greer, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner
FS- Scott, Johnston
SS- Whitner, Wendling
K- Lindell
P- Moorman
LS- Niel

BSU Drew
12-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Release JACKSON? are you serious? he is the only player on this team who actually plays with heart every single sunday... well him and marshawn...

SquishDaFish
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I like some of the moves but releasing Jackson?? And having a rookie 6th round QB backup over Batch? Are you crazy??

Marvelous
12-06-2008, 07:02 PM
So sign JJ aarington & release Fred Jackson???? Id so then you're on CRACK!
-I'll even go as far to say that Fred Jackson is equal to Lynch.. IMO the edge that Lynch has is PEDIGREE.. Lynch comes from a better stock. IE: 1st round pick,,College ball @ Cal etc...

---I agree about alot, but releasing Fred Jackson is assine.

--Is McNibe Terrance McGee? Bro, he is/was hurt. I lost soooo much respect for him in the Phins ga,me because he cost us teh game & our PRECIOUS Super Streak over Miami.. He shoulda removed himself from the game since the coach has no balls to do it...But i blame it on injury.. McGee is a solid #2 or slot and he signed modestly longterm. So if McKelvin deleloups & we know Greer has become a star, then McGee could stay and make us extremely UBER in the backfield...

---Charlie Batch? Screw that. I want a rookie or a veteran that can win games if we lose or bench our starter.. I DO-NOT want another Holcomb situation... Time to use a high draft pick to draft a QB. INSURANCE!
---Guys if Trent Edwards and/or the QB position is soo important to the point that it wins us, or loses us games then why wouldn't we invest in a worthy competitor just in case Trent blows a gasket etc????????? A 2nd rounder is ideal.. I hate to use a 2nd rounder when we are not wealthy enough to do so, but what options do we have???

--Why cut Hamdan? Is he booty? Or just too inexperienced to have as our primary bacup? He can stay as long as he's #3..But who cares...

---Terell Suggs? No-way.. We can't afford that & you know it bro... We have Kamika & Poz. It's insane to expect a big name at the other OLB spot.. Worst case we go with Digeorgio.. But imo we draft depth at OLB who can compete to start.. But anyone thinking Terell Suggs here just doesn't have a clue about our team or The Ralph himself... Wishful thinking bro..Nothing more i'm afraid..I wish we could spend some of our loot man..I'm gonna be sooo pissed next year when i see our "Cash To Cap" I bet we're top 3...If not #1 in unspent money...

---FA's i'd realisticly like-
QB- Garcia, Frye,,Worst case = Collins..
-RB- FRED JACKSON!!!!!!
-WR- Bobby Engram- Pure freaking Clutch...Parrish, although he deserves to shine somewhere and he wont with us. I know this now..Housh is too expensive.
TE-- WHO CARES. But Desmond Clark is available. But it wouldn't be a offseason without 75% of teh fanbase BooHooing about drafting this years overrated, hype machine, 1st round TE :popcorn: /tards! I say we stick with Schoman. cheap & impressed me last week against San Fran. Heck he had waaay better numbers then hype machine Vernon Davis. Davis is only good in Madden & mock drafts.
--O-line OUR OWN Kirk Chambers!---OG Goff might be too expensive. Mark Tauscher from Green Bay might be a FA. If so man would that be awesome. He's a mauler.
---DE- i DUNNO ANY. Maybe Berry from Arizona. I say we focus on a couple rookie DE's...
-LB- Digeorgio,Crowder, Zach Thomas- just for some Thurman payback.
-Secondary-Reynaldo Hill- Sean Jones would be awesome. Our FS's suck. Atleast Ko does. Act safety is hardely a priority since SScott could EASILY start for us. So could the white guy who jumped over the car(forget name) Wendling?hmm...CB is still questionable. Palyers are always getting huirt & coming & goings,... Will Allen?
George Wilson is a FA? Good god i hope not!!!!!!!

X-Era
12-06-2008, 07:23 PM

Sign- Brian Billick as Head Coach. He is a defensive and power running minded coach which is exactly what we need/have. He would give lynch the ball more and knows how to win.

Resign- Peters- he has been back to form and we need him to stay. He is not a Free agent but will probably give us some trouble based on what he did last year.
Greer- our CBs have looked good even while he has been injured so him being back along with Youboty and McKelvin growing will eventually be a very scary DB.
Preston C- He has looked solid at C, not great but solid. Is deserving of a 1-2 year contract.
Niel- LS- He wont cost us nearly anything to resign. We need him to stay, if you want proof, look at the steelers game this year when they lost there LS.

FA Sign-
Charlie Batch- just for a vet, he wont be 2nd string but will provide a veteran leadership for TE.

JJ Arrington RB- We need to have a 1-2 punch and he has been good with Arizona. Hes also averaging 5.8 ypc this year and has 133 yards from 23 touches. He sounds just like Freddy.

Terrell suggs- Well I let Crow walk and we dont have a DE, if there is ever a injury on our LB core Suggs will be able to fill that along with DE. It fill 1 1/2 positions at once. The 1/2 is that he wont be able to do both at once.

Release/dont resign- Losman, Hamdan, Jackson, Jenkins, Fowler, Bryan, Wilson, Crow

Draft-

2nd- Try to trade back into the late 1st and get either Pettigrew or Greshman. Also trade 4th. So it will be 2nd and 4th for 28th-32nd pick.
5th- Rashad Johnston S- 94 tackles, 5.5 for loss and 8 pass breakups. Need I say more?
7th- Louis Vasques G- Depth and did come from Texas tech so him and Harrall will be comfortable with each other.

Depth Chart

FB- Southerland
LT- Peters, Bell
LG- Doc, Vasques
C- McNiel, Preston
RG- Butler, Whittle
RT- Walker, Chambers
LE- Suggs, Ellis
LB- Mitchell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Curry, Corto
FS- Scott, Johnston
SS- Whitner, Wendling
K- Lindell
P- Moorman
LS- Niel

Theres much that I like and only a few things I dont.

Billick :up: - hes a winner and has good drafts, part of building a monster D, probably brings the 4-3 to us. Would de on of the few guys that could pry Suggs away.

Peters and Greer resigned :up: both are deserving. Just dont pay Greer anything more than second tier money. Peters needs to get the huge money he desrves.

DRaft, your 1st and 2nd picks are ones I like. However, I like Caldwell, Shipley, Wood all better than McNiel. A late rounder that I like is Alex Fletcher.

Johnson and Harrell will both go higher, thats a dream to get them down there. But I like both picks alot.

I dont like getting rid of Jackson, hes a very very good backup RB, Arrington has never done much of anything. Jackson will stay here fairly cheap, why not.

I like keeping Preston, he plays OK, and is a solid backup at both C and G.

Id like to see that draft have a DE and a G that rated a bit higher.

Suggs :up: - should be our number 1 priority in the offseason IMO.

PECKERWOOD
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Terrell Suggs and Curry would put our defense over the top, don't like your other moves though. However, since you do have us taking Curry I'm assuming that Suggs would be playing primarily as a DE and not LB? Plus, I'd rather not trade up into the first round when guys like Mack and Coffman might be available with our 2nd pick. I like McNeil as a 2nd option to Mack, though.

X-Era
12-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Terrell Suggs and Curry would put our defense over the top, don't like your other moves though. However, since you do have us taking Curry I'm assuming that Suggs would be playing primarily as a DE and not LB? Plus, I'd rather not trade up into the first round when guys like Mack and Coffman might be available with our 2nd pick. I like McNeil as a 2nd option to Mack, though.

Completely agree.

Mitchell55
12-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Jackson will be a starter somewhere else. Its not a great draft for RBs this year so why would he stay here? It would take Nate Clements money for us to keep him. Hes also a FA which is why I say just let him go. In other words I would rather keep a decent cheap RB that if we get we can also afford a PB DE, than keep a great backup that will cost us alot and not get the DE.

X-Era
12-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Jackson will be a starter somewhere else. Its not a great draft for RBs this year so why would he stay here? It would take Nate Clements money for us to keep him. Hes also a FA which is why I say just let him go. In other words I would rather keep a decent cheap RB that if we get we can also afford a PB DE, than keep a great backup that will cost us alot and not get the DE.

RB's are a dime a dozen.

He wont get big money anywhere.

I also dont see him getting a starting gig. Hes not as good as say... Michael Turner before this year.

I think he can be resigned for a few mill per.

Mitchell55
12-06-2008, 09:04 PM
RB's are a dime a dozen.

He wont get big money anywhere.

I also dont see him getting a starting gig. Hes not as good as say... Michael Turner before this year.

I think he can be resigned for a few mill per.

Well I think he ends up going to Cincinatti. He would get a starting role there as soon as he shakes hands, same with Seattle.

X-Era
12-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Well I think he ends up going to Cincinatti. He would get a starting role there as soon as he shakes hands, same with Seattle.

It could happen, I just hope it doesnt. He represents the type of home grown player that we ought to keep.

Mahdi
12-06-2008, 09:30 PM

FA Sign-

Draft-

Depth Chart

FB- Southerland
LT- Peters, Bell
LG- Doc, Vasques
C- McNiel, Preston
RG- Butler, Whittle
RT- Walker, Chambers
LE- Suggs, Ellis
LB- Mitchell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Curry, Corto
FS- Scott, Johnston
SS- Whitner, Wendling
K- Lindell
P- Moorman
LS- Niel
Billick is an offensive coordinator by trade... not a defensive minded guy at all... He inherited a great defense and that defense is run by Rex Ryan, its his baby not Billick's.

Mitchell55
12-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Billick is an offensive coordinator by trade... not a defensive minded guy at all... He inherited a great defense and that defense is run by Rex Ryan, its his baby not Billick's.

1st off, please stop talking about babies (see what should I do thread in twighlight zone) 2nd, Billick for being a offensive coordinator has had as many QBs and WRs as buffalo has had in the past 10 years. Billick made Lewis and Reed to what they are now.

Oaf
12-06-2008, 10:21 PM
/
I like keeping Preston, he plays OK, and is a solid backup at both C and G.

LOL

Mitchell55
12-06-2008, 10:26 PM
LOL

How is that funny, he actually has only let 1-2 sacks since he came in and also played 1 on 1 with Rogers and Jenkins.

Marvelous
12-06-2008, 10:36 PM
LOL

haha.... :lol:

I don't think BB is super offense minded as some label him to be.. He had Randy Freaking Moss & Robert Smith in his prime. It's very possible im missing something but his 2000 defense was compaired to the 85 Bears. That's sure to make the head coach somewhat defensive minded...

--Tony Dungy was defensive all the way in Tampa before Gruden right? So The Colts are dead opposite. :lol: weird..

-FACT! Fred Jackson will get two things. 1 guaranteed.. 1 is the guarantee- He will command HUGE money somewhere else. Not here because of the fact that it's huge money... #2 is he will start for about 3-5 teams.. Why wouldn't those teams covet him? They will.. It's not like Fred Jackson is a product of our offensive coord, or the superstars around him :lol: The Dude won't be tagged & traded because it would be frowned upon since we obviously don't need a starting RB(imo)...

MAN, Did Fred Jackson just come at a very pooor time..If only he came McGahee's last season here.. We coulda used the Lynch pick elsewhere((not that i dont love Lynch))...

---Say " aye" if you really think The Ralph will pay the sick money Suggs will command.. C mon guys. It's Dolphin week..Tighten up...

Marvelous
12-06-2008, 10:40 PM
How is that funny, he actually has only let 1-2 sacks since he came in and also played 1 on 1 with Rogers and Jenkins.

It's funny because you said you like keeping him because he's ok, Then go on to say that he's a good "Backup".. I too thought it was funny... I agree though BTW.. Preston & Chambers are solid O-line backups & worthy of keeping..
--He also has allowed more sacks then that. Screw stats bro. I DVR every game. Since the age of HD-DVR's one doesn't need to rely on stats as much.. Assuming one can count to atleast 5.. Props on putting your idea's down bro...

yordad
12-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Cut/trade- Trade Ko and Royal for a 5th, release McNtire. Kind of random, but i could live with that.
Preston C- He has looked solid at C, not great but solid. Is deserving of a 1-2 year contract. At scub money. Like vet min. , or close. I guess he is versatile and driven. He would at least be our second best center. There isn't much available, and Preston will probably start the year as a starter.
Niel- LS- He wont cost us nearly anything to resign. We need him to stay, if you want proof, look at the steelers game this year when they lost there LS. Niel kinda sucks, IMO. But, he is gettin better. The less times you hear the name of the long snapper, the better.

JJ Arrington RB- We need to have a 1-2 punch and he has been good with Arizona. Hes also averaging 5.8 ypc this year and has 133 yards from 23 touches. He sounds just like Freddy. So why not just keep Fred? Jackson is awesome receiving out of the back field. Not quite a 100% change of back, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless some one is going to give him "starter money", we should match and surpass most offers to sign one of our own.

Terrell suggs- Well I let Crow walk and we dont have a DE, if there is ever a injury on our LB core Suggs will be able to fill that along with DE. It fill 1 1/2 positions at once. The 1/2 is that he wont be able to do both at once. Crowell is the best available cover 2 OLB on the market. We should friggin transition tag him! He fits our system better then I think Suggs would. Besides, you want to make him a DE. I would love to have Suggs considering the Bills don't seem to have any interest in re-signing Crowell. But, I think another team with a 3-4 would get more value from him, and based on that, they offer him more.

Release/dont resign- Losman, Hamdan, Jackson, Jenkins, Fowler, Bryan, Wilson, Crow. As we know, Crowell and Losman are gone. And goodbye Fowler. But if the others want to come back and compete, they are welcome. But, I think Ellison is a FA. And, Digi might be too. Either would likely make the team over Corto or Bowen.

Depth Chart
You need another DT.

Mahdi
12-07-2008, 12:39 AM
1st off, please stop talking about babies (see what should I do thread in twighlight zone) 2nd, Billick for being a offensive coordinator has had as many QBs and WRs as buffalo has had in the past 10 years. Billick made Lewis and Reed to what they are now.
Billick didnt make Lewis and Reed into anything... they came into the NFL as high draft picks and have played up to their status in a very solid defense. And that defense is run by Rex Ryan, not by Billick. Billick was brought in to be an offensive GURU because of what he accomplished in Minnesota as an offensive coordinator during the Moss/Carter days.

Billick was fired because he never got his offense going.

That being said I wouldnt be opposed to Billick being the coach of the Bills in the event Jauron is fired because I believe Billick has a strong personality and is a good leader.

Crisis
12-07-2008, 12:41 AM
brian billick? thats almost a lateral move from jauron...

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2008, 02:44 AM
I would take Billick over Jauron ANY day of the week.

Bring him in as an OC, I still like Bobby April as our HC.

Marvelous
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
I used to NOT blame Jauron because it was the playcalling but again, IF THE PLAYCALLING IS NOT WORKING THEN IT'S THE HC's RESPONSIBILITY TO ADJUST!!!!

--I just want Marv back, or the early 90's as a whole...I thinki us ""Over 30"" Bills fans got it worse then the youngling fans, because we tasted the Kool-aid & it was deliciously addicting.. Been feening for it since...

----Guys, what is it with Dick? Do we like him or hate him? We know he's very very skilled...Flipside, He didn't Pull Terrance McGee in last Phins game & he allows the coordinators to go buck wild... I'm undecided....I feel for the Ralph.. Can he & his wife handle another regime change?? Seriously, that's a major process of us getting a new coach... Can the Ralph handle it????