PDA

View Full Version : Playing Dolphins indoors negates Bills’ home-field advantage

shelby
12-07-2008, 06:47 AM
1. Home Sweet Dome? The Bills play their first regular-season game outside the United States, but will the Rogers Centre provide the same home-field advantage as Ralph Wilson Stadium? The warm-weather Dolphins have not played well in the Buffalo cold, but that won’t be a concern today with the roof closed. Still, the Bills may benefit from playing inside the dome by getting off to a good start and giving their noisy fans a reason to raise the roof.

2. Wildcat Part Deux. The Bills have adopted the “Wildcat” formation as part of their offensive package, but no one operates it as well as the Dolphins, who were the first to use it this season. In the 10 games the Dolphins have run the Wildcat, RB Ronnie Brown has rushed for 238 yards on 42 carries (5.7-yard average) with five touchdowns. He also has completed a pass for a 19-yard TD. Backup Ricky Williams has 142 yards on 23 attempts (6.2-yard average) and one score. The Bills’ run defense had one of its best games last week and will need another strong effort to stop Brown and Williams whether they’re in the Wildcat or a conventional run formation.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/515933.html)

Dozerdog
12-07-2008, 07:33 AM
I disagree- the Dolphins are actually better suited on offense for bad-weather contests at the Ralph than the Bills are right now. They Have a power running game and TE's that make plays that keep drives alive.

They are a smash-mouth type team. Going inside, (if they chose to) they can crank it up with Lee Evans.

I'm not saying the Bills will win, but having a partisan crowd in a dome is an advantage to us

Dozerdog
12-07-2008, 07:34 AM
I disagree- the Dolphins are actually better suited on offense for bad-weather contests at the Ralph than the Bills are right now. They Have a power running game and TE's that make plays that keep drives alive.

They are a smash-mouth type team. Going inside, (if they chose to) the Bills can try to crank it up with Lee Evans.

I'm not saying the Bills will win, but having a partisan crowd in a dome is an advantage to us

cnc66
12-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Ya know, not only will the weather not be a factor, but there very well could be a sizable Miami Dolphins contingent there. Not only is Miami popular in oh Canada, but Rasta Ricky has a following too. Be nice to have a Joe Robbie north.. no injuries, good game!

New Ro's Greatest
12-07-2008, 10:45 AM
This isn't the old Bills fellas! They don't get happy when it snows like Machine Gun Kelly and Bruce Smith. Teams don't hate coming to buffalo when it snows anymore. All of our players are from the West Coast and are seldom to seeing snow so we just have to play well to win our games that it! GO BILLS:D: