PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sullivan is a Joke

shelby
12-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Marcus Stroud grew up in Georgia and went to college there. He played the first seven years of his NFL career in Jacksonville. So if you’re in a charitable mood, you can forgive the guy for insulting the intelligence of Bills fans. “I guarantee you won’t find any guys in our locker room that’s complaining about going to play in a dome,” the Bills’ defensive tackle said the other day. “So it’ll work both ways. It [playing inside] is going to benefit everybody.”
Gee, and all these years I’d been under the mistaken impression that playing games outside in December helped the Bills. I actually bought the idea that biting cold, sleet, snow, swirling winds –all the things we endure here in winter –gave the Bills an advantage.
I must have spent too much time listening to Darryl Talley, Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly. They relished the brutal conditions. What must Marv Levy be thinking? Whatever happened to, “Where would you rather be than right here, right now?” Or, “When it’s too tough for them, it’s just right for us.”
Maybe Stroud will assemble the Bills at midfield inside the balmy Rogers Centre dome and say, “When it’s warm and cozy for everyone, it’s just right for us!”
I didn’t take any polls in the locker room. But considering how mentally soft this team has been in recent weeks, I don’t doubt him. I sure didn’t hear any Bills
complaining about having their home-field advantage taken away, like Kelly did last week in a national interview. Mainly, the players were mouthing the company line that says moving a home game to Canada is essential to the team’s long-term survival.
Believe that if you must (I don’t). But they could show a shred of resentment about playing the game indoors, without the real 12th Man. Offensive tackle Langston Walker said he doesn’t think they’re losing any home-field advantage.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/515931.html)

IAG
12-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Check out the article: http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/515931.html

For the longest time, I can not stand his articles. Yet, like a car wreck, I am forced to read his garbage. This artilce is vintage Sullivan.

First of all, he rips Stroud and Walker for wanting to play indoors. Referencing that they come from warm climates and hence making them soft. Perhaps the players did not want to come out and say it was bad idea to leave Orchard Park for the sake of the team OR maybe being inside will actually will help them. It does not make them soft.

Secondly, this guy Sullivan loves to come back and talk about the Super Bowl years. Those Hall of Famers won not because of the weather, but because, well...they are Hall of Famers. In the past ten years we have had December games we lost even though the 12th man has been roaring and the weather frightful. It is about talent and coaching.

He thinks the 12th man will not be in Toronto, but they will be. BTW, the 12th man will be large and in charge once the Bills make plays (which unlike Sullivan) I KNOW they will make today.

In all seriousness, how can the guy call this game possibly one of the saddest days in Bills history if Buffalo loses? Is he on crack? Does he know what we have been through? His hyperbole is too much and I wonder where his editor is.

This guy plays both sides of the fence. If the Bills win today he will say such things as, "well, maybe all their home games should be in Toronto." or "they still have not won at home in weeks" or "Losman is should have been the starter" or "see what happens if they do what I said in my articles".

The guys is a jack a** and does not know anything he is talking about and it will be proven today once again.

Historian
12-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Sully is balls on in that piece.

This team is a bunch of daisies, and they're a direct reflection of their coach: deadpan, uninterested, and boring.

Time to start over.

lordofgun
12-07-2008, 07:16 AM
I agree with him! The guys here now are a bunch of fools for not acclimating to the weather and using it to their advantage.

And do you know why they don't? It's because they don't care as much as Kelly and the gang used to.

clumping platelets
12-07-2008, 07:18 AM
:popcorn:

IAG
12-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Wait a second...if these guys are pansies then shouldn't it mean they will play well in the dome? Also, if we did have dome games I bet we would have beaten SF and Lindell would not have missed the Cleveland game winner.

Let's agree to this...lets meet here later tonight and argue the merits to my argument versus yours/Sullivans'.

The Bills will win tonight and all Bills fans on this site will be assessing who needs to win where to get into the playoffs. It is all predictable.

Let's talk tonight.

Mitchy moo
12-07-2008, 08:54 AM

This team is a bunch of daisies, and they're a direct reflection of their coach: deadpan, uninterested, and boring.

Time to start over.

Exactly, we should bring heaters in the dome just in case someone gets cold on the field.

Biggest daisie picked gets a prize after the game.

Mr. Pink
12-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Sully has been one of the best writers in this area for a decade.

Love him or hate him at least he stays objective in his columns.

He doesn't sugarcoat and tells like it is.

Always a pleasure reading his material.

And, once again, he's spot on...as usual.

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2008, 09:22 AM

Time to start over.
Yeah WTF!!! Sully can be an ass sometimes but how is he a joke for that article??? He is 100% correct!!! Stroud is a joke for making that DUMB ASS comment.

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Wait a second...if these guys are pansies then shouldn't it mean they will play well in the dome? Also, if we did have dome games I bet we would have beaten SF and Lindell would not have missed the Cleveland game winner.

Let's agree to this...lets meet here later tonight and argue the merits to my argument versus yours/Sullivans'.

The Bills will win tonight and all Bills fans on this site will be assessing who needs to win where to get into the playoffs. It is all predictable.

Let's talk tonight.
YES THEY ARE QUEERS FOR WHINING ABOUT THE WEATHER. If they acclimated themselves to it and embraced it as the homefield advantage it should be our record would be much better.

DynaPaul
12-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Uh... I think most people agree with him. What kind of Buffalo team is GLAD to be out of the elements? It really reflects on the losing culture this team has.

IAG
12-07-2008, 09:28 AM
We will see what this website says tonight and his column on Monday. He is brutal and reprensents everything that is wrong with media.

I cannot wait to watch all of the people jumping back on the bandwagon tonight and reading Sullivan's garbage on the team Monday.

You all will be the ones tonight talking about "squishing the fish" and what are the playoff possibilities if and when they win this afternoon.

It is too much.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Hard to be a Sullivan hater when he was on the Bills Bandwagon at 5-1 and even said that he was going out on a limb because he was worried about having the rug pulled out from under him.

This team isn't much more likable than the 2003-2005 sqaud which means that the rebuilding process has just passed the torch from one bunch of losers to another. Although that bunch of losers had a 9-7 season.

djjimkelly
12-07-2008, 09:57 AM

Time to start over.

more are finally seeing the light

IAG
12-07-2008, 10:14 AM
You and Sullivan will all be wrong tonight.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2008, 10:17 AM

Sullivan is right and you can't change that. The Bills winning is a different story.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Uh... I think most people agree with him. What kind of Buffalo team is GLAD to be out of the elements? It really reflects on the losing culture this team has.

I'll add one more point. This team really seems like they are all just here for a paycheck.

Jason Peters was a Bills fan before we drafted him. The irony is that for all of the crap he took over the off-season he came back and said he likes being a Bill. Don't here that from many other players here.

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Check out the article: http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/515931.html

For the longest time, I can not stand his articles. Yet, like a car wreck, I am forced to read his garbage. This artilce is vintage Sullivan.

First of all, he rips Stroud and Walker for wanting to play indoors. Referencing that they come from warm climates and hence making them soft. Perhaps the players did not want to come out and say it was bad idea to leave Orchard Park for the sake of the team OR maybe being inside will actually will help them. It does not make them soft.

Secondly, this guy Sullivan loves to come back and talk about the Super Bowl years. Those Hall of Famers won not because of the weather, but because, well...they are Hall of Famers. In the past ten years we have had December games we lost even though the 12th man has been roaring and the weather frightful. It is about talent and coaching.

He thinks the 12th man will not be in Toronto, but they will be. BTW, the 12th man will be large and in charge once the Bills make plays (which unlike Sullivan) I KNOW they will make today.

In all seriousness, how can the guy call this game possibly one of the saddest days in Bills history if Buffalo loses? Is he on crack? Does he know what we have been through? His hyperbole is too much and I wonder where his editor is.

This guy plays both sides of the fence. If the Bills win today he will say such things as, "well, maybe all their home games should be in Toronto." or "they still have not won at home in weeks" or "Losman is should have been the starter" or "see what happens if they do what I said in my articles".

The guys is a jack a** and does not know anything he is talking about and it will be proven today once again.

Did I miss something? He nailed it with that article...if you've watched this team this year...he is right on target with his description of what is the problem with this team.

lordofgun
12-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Says the guy who needed a government bailout. :cynic:

Jan Reimers
12-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Sullivan is totally correct. We are mentally - and physically - soft. All you need to do is contrast us with teams like the Steelers, Ravens and Giants, who play with intensity, incredible physicality, and a mental toughness that just won't let them quit. We play like frightened sissies.

raphael120
12-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Funny how no one was talking **** when even Sully was complimenting the Bills when the team duped him and all of us into believing things have changes but the more that things change in Buffalo, the more the stay the same.

Sully is a very intelligent writer and he's one of the best in the biz, if Buffalo is happy enough to settle for mediocrity in their sports franchises, they should be happy for a very good sports writer who writes many columns that make you think.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2008, 11:41 AM
That field house has really worked out well for us. What a bunch of candy asses.

SABuffalo786
12-07-2008, 11:43 AM
That was an EXCELLENT article. He nailed it.

That's the problem with a lot of NFL players. A bunch of coddled ****ing pussies. Why do you think they always play the Superbowl in the South?

baalworship
12-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't understand the Sullivan hate. He is the best Buffalo News sportswriter and it isn't even close. When the Bills suck he calls out the people who need to be called out.

A Buffalo sports team that doesn't embrace the elements as an advantage is a joke. Even the bad teams we had under Gregg Williams and Mularkey payed lip service and seemed to enjoy beating the snot out of teams like the Dolphins in December. This team is a disgrace and we need to get rid of all the soft players.

Michael82
12-07-2008, 12:41 PM
If only we had a coach who made the team use the weather to our advantage by practicing in it.... :sigh:

Historian
12-07-2008, 02:38 PM
If only we had a coach who made the team use the weather to our advantage by practicing in it.... :sigh:

This isn't just a Jauron thing.

This started under Mularkey. The opponents, (usually the fish) are out in shirtsleeves in December, while our guys are huddled under parkas on the hot seat bench.

It disgusts me.

And Sully is right. It should disgust anyone who ever sat out in, or played ine the cold at RWS.