PDA

View Full Version : PFW on Henry/McGahee situation

Romes
05-05-2003, 04:55 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/default.htm

For all the skeptics out there, word out of Buffalo is that RB Travis Henry, who originally called the drafting of Miami(Fla.) RB Willis McGahee “a slap in the face,” is truly sold on having McGahee on the team after he made a few realizations. His recent comments that he could live with McGahee on the roster with him were not just lip service. First, McGahee likely will be put on the physically-unable-to-perform list to start the season. That move allows the Bills to activate him during a four-week window between weeks 10 and 14, but we hear that’s not likely to happen, no matter McGahee’s progress. The Bills won’t jeopardize his long-term career for a quick fix in November. Second, Henry recently signed a one-year contract extension, locking him up through 2005. Although that happened prior to the draft, Henry knows he’s established as the starter and it’s McGahee that must prove himself to take over the role.

Well, this is good news about Henry.

Right now there shouldn't even be discusion about what we should do about Henry/McGahee because we don't know what McGahee can do at this level and we do need Henry for this year. Although, around half way through 2004 and that offseason as Henry enters his final year and McGahee will have a year under his belt, that is when the debate will begin, not now it is way too early.

Dozerdog
05-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Allright!

We need Henry in the right frame of mind to start the season

HenryRules
05-05-2003, 05:49 PM
I think almost all the people that think this is a bad situation are posters on this board. After having time to reflect, most of the media, if not in favour of the move, are at least accepting of it.

SoCalBillsFan
05-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Great!

I really think we are making too much of this for now. All this trade henry and when will WM take over stuff is ridiculous for the moment.

Newsflash: we got a playoff team here guys, maybe more than that! Henry is a BIG part of that! DO people realize that he ran for over 14oo yards last year? 1400 yards! We havent had a solid back since thurman! Henry is the guy this year, he is good enough to take us all the way with this team!

For once, we can enjoy this year's team without being forced to look at the future.

Tatonka
05-05-2003, 11:07 PM
great blurb.. good reading.. that is what i really wanted to hear... i was really thinking that henry was just giving us lip service.

casdhf
05-06-2003, 09:28 AM
He doesnt seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer

Tatonka
05-06-2003, 09:47 AM
he doesnt seem like the smartest sandwich in the picnic basket.. errr...

:scratch:

TigerJ
05-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Nor is he the brightest light on the Christmas tree, but he sure can run.

mikemac2001
05-06-2003, 09:59 PM
and hold on to the ball

WG
05-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I think almost all the people that think this is a bad situation are posters on this board. After having time to reflect, most of the media, if not in favour of the move, are at least accepting of it.

I fully agree w/ the article. If McGahee plays this year it won't be a good sign since it'll have likely meant that both Henry and Gary are injured. That wouldn't be good for playoff hopes.

As to your statement about this [bad] situation, I don't think it's bad this year, but it may be next year. There's no way, nor is it fair, to have both Henry and McGahee on the roster next year.

I only question what McGahee's worth will be w/o having been tested at the NFL level. That's all. It's a very legitimate question and one that will bear out if we choose to trade Henry or McG.

HenryRules
05-07-2003, 04:31 PM
I don't see why its not fair to have McGahee and Henry on the roster next year. McGahee will be coming back from an injury and Henry will be the previous season's starter.

In 2005 it might not be fair, but I see no problem with it next year. If the first time that this pick causes a problem is 2005, I think that downfall of the pick is being overplayed.

Cntrygal
05-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
There's no way, nor is it fair, to have both Henry and McGahee on the roster next year.

I only question what McGahee's worth will be w/o having been tested at the NFL level. That's all. It's a very legitimate question and one that will bear out if we choose to trade Henry or McG.

Why would it not be "fair"? McGahee is a ROOKIE who will see limited - if any playing time this season. So, essentially.... next season (2004) would be his first "real" season, with alot left to learn.

(anyone who decides to answer... please keep it under 500 words. :p: Thanks. )

;)

Cntrygal
05-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I don't see why its not fair to have McGahee and Henry on the roster next year. McGahee will be coming back from an injury and Henry will be the previous season's starter.

In 2005 it might not be fair, but I see no problem with it next year. If the first time that this pick causes a problem is 2005, I think that downfall of the pick is being overplayed.

:up: I should have read the entire thread before posting. ;)