PDA

View Full Version : Miami

Typ0
12-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I've got to give some kudos to what they've done there. I'm not just saying they look good because they are beating a crappy football team. They have looked good against good teams too. Furthermore, they are very creative and that is giving them a chance to win a lot of games.

Crisis
12-07-2008, 05:25 PM
agreed.

they can get way too cute at times on offense, but they've done a great job down there.

Fin Fan In Cali
12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Best of luck next year. It was a good game. I am very thankful that Evans didn't become a big part of the game.

Historian
12-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Its Parcells.

Hes a proven winner.

You don't think its really this fat Italian guy who was running a pizzaria last year, do you?

Fin Fan In Cali
12-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Its Parcells.

Hes a proven winner.

You don't think its really this fat Italian guy who was running a pizzaria last year, do you?Good one bro.

Illmatic15
12-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Yea I'm surprised their 8-5, congrats Miami fans. Detroit fans have some hope lol. I wish we could land the no.1 pick and a good coach...

shelby
12-08-2008, 04:38 AM
Congrats fin fans, your team is on the rise.

Dujek
12-08-2008, 05:23 AM
It's a hell of a turn around from last year, even if they don't make the playoffs in the end. Congratulations guys.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Its Parcells.

Hes a proven winner.

You don't think its really this fat Italian guy who was running a pizzaria last year, do you?

I'll tell you what I think it is ... and it's a small thing that is the Genius of Parcells. He looked at his team with a lot of potential talent at QB and he hired Pennington. I have, for years said CP is utterly underestimated and he's been playing injured. This year he's gotten healthy and he's one of the best QBs to ever play in a few ways. And that is their success. It's the no brainer decision that Parcells made that garners him all this respect and $$$. A monkey should be able to tell them get good QB play and you are competitive.

I think our guys understand this too. They knew JP was never going to cut it and they bided their time with him. They have hope that TE might be able to make it but he's not staying on the field...so our guys are getting major lumps because of the QB position. But they are smart and I do like the system they are trying to play they just need a QB who can execute it. So I have hopes that we will be in the hunt next year given that they are smart enough to go out and get a guy who can execute the offense and that guy is actually available and willing to come here.

don137
12-08-2008, 06:16 AM
Miami proved it doesn't take 10+ years to rebuild.

mchurchfie
12-08-2008, 06:49 AM
That's what happens when you hire a proven football man for GM.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 06:50 AM
Miami proved it doesn't take 10+ years to rebuild.

no, they hired a QB.

Historian
12-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Its the Parcells MO TypO

He wins with good defense, a punnishing running game, and a methodical, workmanlike QB, ie, Simms, Hostetler, Testaverde.

NJFINSFAN1
12-08-2008, 07:23 AM
I'm just giddy right now, heck I was giddy when we won our 4th game. Just to have a chance after last year to win the division is unreal.

And with the Jets using Farve in a ball controlled offense, who knows, as long as they keep treating him like Pennington (kind of funny he is more siuted for the offense they are running) we have a chance.

But the 49ers scare me next week.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Lets not give all the credit to Parcells here, Jeff Ireland deserves a lot of the credit he is the actual GM here. Parcells is not the GM, Im sure he has tons of input but as far as it was explained when they were brought on the personell moves were Ireland's call.

NJFINSFAN1
12-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Lets not give all the credit to Parcells here, Jeff Ireland deserves a lot of the credit he is the actual GM here. Parcells is not the GM, Im sure he has tons of input but as far as it was explained when they were brought on the personell moves were Ireland's call.

The FA's we have picked up during the off season and during the season have been awesome, Ireland should be the GM of the year.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 07:26 AM

Pennington is Parcells boy...he gets the credit IMO. I wouldn't be surprised without Parcells down there everything else is the same as it is now except no Pennington and they have two or three wins right now.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Pennington is Parcells boy...he gets the credit IMO. I wouldn't be surprised without Parcells down there everything else is the same as it is now except no Pennington and they have two or three wins right now.

Gets the credit for what exactly? He didnt negotiate the deal, he didnt work out the player, all he did was probably suggest him as a pickup. He gets credit for that sure but a lot more work went into then a suggestion. Giving Parcells all the credit and Ireland none is criminal.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 07:31 AM
The FA's we have picked up during the off season and during the season have been awesome, Ireland should be the GM of the year.

Likely it will be he, Dimitroff, or the guy in Tennessee whose name escapes me right now.

zone
12-08-2008, 07:35 AM
They also have a coach with some emotion. Nice to see, to bad it's on the opposite side of the field.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Gets the credit for what exactly? He didnt negotiate the deal, he didnt work out the player, all he did was probably suggest him as a pickup. He gets credit for that sure but a lot more work went into then a suggestion. Giving Parcells all the credit and Ireland none is criminal.

Parcells gets the credit for recognizing that Pennington is the talent the Fins needed and he gets the credit for having the relationship with CP that brought him there.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Parcells gets the credit for recognizing that Pennington is the talent the Fins needed and he gets the credit for having the relationship with CP that brought him there.

You honestly think CP made this entire team? How about the additions of Langford, Bess, and others. How about knowing they could lose Thomas and Taylor and be ok? How about getting the most out of Ronnie Brown, keeping Ricky Williams focused, and having guys step up all over your roster.

For the last time Parcells deserves some of the credit for Miami's turnaround but Ireland and Sporano deserve more.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 08:05 AM
You honestly think CP made this entire team? How about the additions of Langford, Bess, and others. How about knowing they could lose Thomas and Taylor and be ok? How about getting the most out of Ronnie Brown, keeping Ricky Williams focused, and having guys step up all over your roster.

For the last time Parcells deserves some of the credit for Miami's turnaround but Ireland and Sporano deserve more.

it depends on how you look at it I guess....without the pieces you speak of they definately are less of a team...but without CP they are nothing as well.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 08:06 AM
it depends on how you look at it I guess....without the pieces you speak of they definately are less of a team...but without CP they are nothing as well.

Im not convinced that another QB could not of done what CP did. He was a good pickup given his availability, but he won't be a franchise saving QB for them. As a stop gap veteran he was a good pickup but I think developing draft picks and picking up UDFA's who make impacts year 1 is much more impressive.

yordad
12-08-2008, 08:27 AM
I credit whoever is calling their plays, and creating their gameplan. They are getting alot out of the limited talent they have. Heck, they got an undrafted rookie shinning.

LtFinFan66
12-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Gets the credit for what exactly? He didnt negotiate the deal, he didnt work out the player, all he did was probably suggest him as a pickup. He gets credit for that sure but a lot more work went into then a suggestion. Giving Parcells all the credit and Ireland none is criminal.I think Sparano deserves a share of credit as well by having the team ready to compete on Sunday

NJFINSFAN1
12-08-2008, 08:48 AM

Ireland wanted to do the deal, he brought it to Parcells attention and Parcells said if you think he is the guy, than make the deal. The story was in the Dolphins magazine a few weeks ago.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I stand corrected then...I don't keep up on Fin football news. I am pretty sure I read in the preseason how CP was Parcells guy and how highly they thought of each other and wanted to work in the same organization...but that could have just been some reporter blowing smoke.

Whoever made the call is kind of irrelevant anyway. CP has been one of the most consistent QBs ever. He goes out there week in and week out and plays the system the way it's designed and he makes the right calls. There wasn't anyone else available really so he was the right guy and I bet if he brought him here and played him we'd have ten wins right now.

billsfanone
12-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Kudos to the Fish for showing the Bills how much you can improve in one year. Something the futile Bills can't do in 10 years.

billogic99
12-08-2008, 10:20 AM

I think Miami's defense deserves some of the credit here. Look at the QB ratings the last two weeks, 23 and 39?? Pennington doesn't play defense. Joey Porter leading the league in sacks with 16.5? Miami is winning with balance.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I think Miami's defense deserves some of the credit here. Look at the QB ratings the last two weeks, 23 and 39?? Pennington doesn't play defense. Joey Porter leading the league in sacks with 16.5? Miami is winning with balance.

eleven crickets could defend a JP Losman led offense...

DolphinFanInPeace
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I can't even believe what is happening this year. To think that we almost started the season with McCown, Beck, and Henne competing for the job.

Thank you so much Brett, for doing us all a favor. You came back, allowed Chad to come to FL, and showed some flashes, but still are your old self with the turnovers. Thanks man!

THat being said, I am really pulling for you guys next week to murder the Jets. Hopefully Marshawn (one of the favorite players) blows up and leads the Bills to the win. The Jets are very beatable.

billogic99
12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
eleven crickets could defend a JP Losman led offense...

It doesn't change the fact that Miami is playing good defense. I agree JP's play makes life tough on everyone on the team, but he has had a few good games in his career and Miami is a division rival. No one knows how those games will play out.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
keeping Ricky Williams focused

Child support payments have kept Ricky focused.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 01:07 PM
It doesn't change the fact that Miami is playing good defense. I agree JP's play makes life tough on everyone on the team, but he has had a few good games in his career and Miami is a division rival. No one knows how those games will play out.

I think I started the thread to give Miami credit...the team and that includes the defense. Yes, they get credit for playing well. However, all the AFC E offenses are pretty bad.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 01:11 PM
However, all the AFC E offenses are pretty bad.

Not all, just Buffalo's.

NE 8
Miami 10
NYJ 13
Buffalo 23

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Even in the front office Parcells beats Levy.

Dolphanzeke
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I dont know what happened to you guys...early in the season the Bills just Flew around the ball making plays on both sides and now you guys look almost lethargic..I guess its coaching and some injuries but you have the talent.

Im hoping the rivalry gets reignited to the levels it used to be Personally im tired of the Pats bs every season.

MiaInDaHeezy
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
We are the best franchise in the NFL.........Enough said

Mike13
12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
I credit whoever is calling their plays, and creating their gameplan. They are getting alot out of the limited talent they have. Heck, they got an undrafted rookie shinning.

You got to give the Ireland a lot of credit for getting Davone Bess, he's a suitable replacement for Wes Welker.

I also wouldnt be suprised to see a few other teams come calling for a few coaching interviews.

dplus47
12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
CP has been one of the most consistent QBs ever. He goes out there week in and week out and plays the system the way it's designed and he makes the right calls. There wasn't anyone else available really so he was the right guy and I bet if he brought him here and played him we'd have ten wins right now.

i don't know if i'd go that far, but i do believe you'd have more wins than you do have now. i was a bit surprised that the bills showed no interest in pennington when he was cut, honestly, because that would be the perfect guy for grooming edwards. of course, they had edwards penciled in as "the guy" before the season and it might have hurt his confidence to demote him. the question is, would that have hurt his confidence more than that really bad stretch of games before the groin injury?

anyway, i guess pennington's health has always been a question. when healthy, though, he has led some pretty average looking teams to good things, just by being boring and consistent.

i love the phins, and i love the coaching job and the personnel moves, etc., but i do think that without pennington this team is in much worse shape, record-wise.

!Papacrunk!
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Ireland and co. turn over any rock at all times--even our current fullback, Polite, I had no idea who he was before, and he's made some crucial plays for us, a real bruiser. Sparano also isn't afraid to not play players if their not playing to the level they want--Wilford has been the "not so hot" FA pick up, but they haven't played him hardly at all, even to just to get some kind of return out of him. I even remember hearing about a couple of guys that got cut in TC because they didn't come back, after the OTAs, at the weight level that was determined for them.

It's almost laughable t o compare last year's story about Cameron not doing anything about a fight that happened on the plane ride back from a game, compared to the amount of focus that this year's team has.