PDA

View Full Version : Nate Davis will NOT enter the 2009 NFL Draft

DraftBoy
12-07-2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20081205/NEWS06/81205026

"I will come back," he said. "No doubt about it. ... That's been the plan all along. I've never thought about coming out (for the NFL draft)."

gr8slayer
12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Somewhat surprising, don't know if his stock will ever be as high as it is right now.

LtFinFan66
12-08-2008, 06:32 PM
I figure his last game had something to do with it

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Not shocked at all, his stock will likely go up, he unlike McCoy and Tebow is a better NFL prospect at this point.

Another year will do him some good.

gr8slayer
12-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Not shocked at all, his stock will likely go up, he unlike McCoy and Tebow is a better NFL prospect at this point.

Another year will do him some good.
He's making a Drew Tate type mistake not coming out while his stock is high. Ball State will pull a Rutgers next year and be right back out of the national spotlight, he's a fool for not coming out now. Though it's a "you're screwed if you do, you're screwed if you don't" type scenario because although his stock won't ever be any higher than it is, he really needs one more year in college football before he's even remotely ready for the NFL.

LtFinFan66
12-08-2008, 11:29 PM
I agree completely with DB on this one. Ball State wasn't that great last year but Davis had a great year. Scouts look at the player, not the team as a whole

gr8slayer
12-08-2008, 11:33 PM
I agree completely with DB on this one. Ball State wasn't that great last year but Davis had a great year. Scouts look at the player, not the team as a whole
You sure about that :up:

LtFinFan66
12-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Well the good scouts should

gr8slayer
12-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Well the good scouts should
:snicker:

It applies to nearly all positions not named "QB"

DraftBoy
12-09-2008, 07:09 AM
He's making a Drew Tate type mistake not coming out while his stock is high. Ball State will pull a Rutgers next year and be right back out of the national spotlight, he's a fool for not coming out now. Though it's a "you're screwed if you do, you're screwed if you don't" type scenario because although his stock won't ever be any higher than it is, he really needs one more year in college football before he's even remotely ready for the NFL.

Ball State next year isnt whats going to make or break Davis's stock and that's not true that his stock will never be higher. Keep in mind at this moment he's only a 3rd-4th Round prospect. If he leads Ball State for a 2nd consecutive season to success then maybe he becomes a 2nd Round pick? Its not a Drew Tate situation exactly. For the most part I agree with you but his stock is not maxed out yet, and he really does need another year.