PDA

View Full Version : The Dallas Cowboys in December

DraftBoy
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Since 2002 the Dallas Cowboys are 8-16 now in December. For whatever this team does not perform well in the month of December and this was brought up by Colin Cowherd a few weeks back on his show. This season with Dallas coming in 8-4 into December they can ill afford to have another faulty December because it could cost them the playoffs.

2002-0-4
2003-2-2
2004-2-2
2005-2-2
2006-2-3
2007-2-2
2008-0-1

With the trend being the way it is right now, I don't think Dallas will make the playoff this year. They will need at least 11 wins as of right now.

Giants and Tampa/Carolina will get the bye
Minnesota and Arizona will win their divisions
Carolina/Tampa will get one of the wildcards

That leaves one spot left with Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, New Orleans, Philly, and Washington fighting for one spot.

Dallas and Atlanta are currently tied for the spot. Atlanta is 2-3 in Division and Dallas is 2-2 in Division. So via the tie breaker Dallas currently hold the lead, both teams play inter division next week (Dallas v. NYG, and Atlanta v. NO), but Dallas has to go to Philly in week 17 still.

Remaining schedule of Wild Card Competitors:
Atlanta- v.NO, @MIN, v. STL (2-3 in division)
Dallas-v.NYG, v. BAL, @PHI (2-2 in division)
Chicago-v.NO, v. GB, @HOU (3-2 in division)
Philly-v.CLE, @WAS, v. DAL (1-3 in division)
WAS-@BAL(MNF), @CIN, v.PHI, @SF (2-3 in division)
New Orleans-@CHI, @DET, CAR (2-3 in division)

So at this point if I had to guess at the NFC Wild Card Picture Id go with;
Tampa Bay and Philly

Philadelphia beats Dallas in week 17 to finish a run of 4 straight wins to close out the year and take the last spot. Again making Dallas have another failed December as they go 1-3 beating only Baltimore.

BlackMetalNinja
12-08-2008, 06:49 AM
I still think Atlanta finds a way to grab the last spot.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 07:10 AM
I still think Atlanta finds a way to grab the last spot.

Im not convinced though I'd love to see it. Matt Ryan looks great so far but with games v. Tampa next week, and Minnesota the week after winning out won't be easy and thats what they'll need to do. Blowing it v. New Orleans was killer. They really needed that win.

BlackMetalNinja
12-08-2008, 07:26 AM
I think they go 2-1 and Dallas goes 1-2

You're right about Philly though, they could be in the best shape because of that oh so dreaded tie now.

Lexwhat
12-09-2008, 07:50 PM
So via the tie breaker Dallas currently hold the lead, both teams play inter division next week (Dallas v. NYG, and Atlanta v. NO), but Dallas has to go to Philly in week 17 still.

Remaining schedule of Wild Card Competitors:
Atlanta- v.NO, @MIN, v. STL (2-3 in division)

ATL just played NO this past weekend. They play TB this week.

I agree Philly grabs the last spot. And I agree about the Cowboys losing 2 out of their last 3.

Lexwhat
12-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Ohh sorry, guess you just mistyped.

Night Train
12-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Romo for MVP ! :trance:

mybills
12-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Cowboys :puke:

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Great job so far DB, Romo sure blew that meaningless game yesterday :snicker:

By the way, I'm sure you magically missed it this morning when Cowherd said that he thinks the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL right now. Funny how these BSPN guys keep jumping on and off the bandwagon.

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 04:38 PM
It's going to come down to the Philly game, IMO.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
It's going to come down to the Philly game, IMO.
Yup, and I have Dallas losing that game, just like I thought they'd lose the Pittsburgh game :up:

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Great job so far DB, Romo sure blew that meaningless game yesterday :snicker:

By the way, I'm sure you magically missed it this morning when Cowherd said that he thinks the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL right now. Funny how these BSPN guys keep jumping on and off the bandwagon.

1-1 in December, when you finish with a winning record in December then alert the media. You avoided this thread till you won a big game, so thats also worth noting since you are going to call out Cowherd.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 04:57 PM
1-1 in December, when you finish with a winning record in December then alert the media. You avoided this thread till you won a big game, so thats also worth noting since you are going to call out Cowherd.
I've actually been quite busy over the past week or so and wasn't posting much on any message board for any team. Sometimes life overrules the message board :up:

Don't cry just because your Falcons couldn't touch America's Team. I know it kills you knowing that Atlanta couldn't touch Dallas if they tried right now.

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Yup, and I have Dallas losing that game, just like I thought they'd lose the Pittsburgh game :up:

A game they shouldn't have lost. Is Romo ever going to step up and play like a big time player in a big time game? So far all I've seen him do is crumble when it counts the most.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 05:02 PM
A game they shouldn't have lost. Is Romo ever going to step up and play like a big time player in a big time game? So far all I've seen him do is crumble when it counts the most.
Good question, he's on his 2.5th year as a starter. Only time will tell, sometimes it takes QB's years (see Peyton Manning) and sometimes they can step right in and get it done (see Roethlisberger). By the way, please break down all three INT's vs. Pittsburgh, especially the first and third and let me know who the WR was that he was targeting, once you figure it out, let me know what kind of route he was running, because according to both of those receivers they ran the wrong route. Perhaps you can add some light to this?

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I've actually been quite busy over the past week or so and wasn't posting much on any message board for any team. Sometimes life overrules the message board :up:

Don't cry just because your Falcons couldn't touch America's Team. I know it kills you knowing that Atlanta couldn't touch Dallas if they tried right now.

Id take Atlanta v. Dallas right now, especially if it was in Atlanta. Would Dallas likely win? Yes but Atlanta can play with any team in the NFL right now, I have no doubt about that.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Id take Atlanta v. Dallas right now, especially if it was in Atlanta. Would Dallas likely win? Yes but Atlanta can play with any team in the NFL right now, I have no doubt about that.
Perhaps the Bucs will lose out, Falcons and Cowboys will win out and you'll get your wish, it would be a slaughter. The Falcons are still two years away, but once they figure it out they will be a force assuming Ryan doesn't decide to go into a slump. They have a great core in place to be good for a long time.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Perhaps the Bucs will lose out, Falcons and Cowboys will win out and you'll get your wish, it would be a slaughter. The Falcons are still two years away, but once they figure it out they will be a force assuming Ryan doesn't decide to go into a slump. They have a great core in place to be good for a long time.

I think you thinking it would be a slaughter is gross over estimation of the Cowboys. Only two teams have physically beaten down Atlanta and that was Carolina and Tampa both came before week 4 and both loses were avenged. The Cowboys cannot say the same have been physically handeled in both weeks 7 and 9 and while the Giants loss as avenged and Im sure you'll talk about Romo being hurt, that does not excuse the defense giving up 34 to a brutal St. Louis offense.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I think you thinking it would be a slaughter is gross over estimation of the Cowboys. Only two teams have physically beaten down Atlanta and that was Carolina and Tampa both came before week 4 and both loses were avenged. The Cowboys cannot say the same have been physically handeled in both weeks 7 and 9 and while the Giants loss as avenged and Im sure you'll talk about Romo being hurt, that does not excuse the defense giving up 34 to a brutal St. Louis offense.
I have no problems admitting to my teams flaws, I don't think that they are even making the playoffs and I look at everything football related through unbiased eyes. You should do the same, and you usually do, it's just those damn Falcons that you struggle with :up:

mybills
12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Romo looks like a cabbage patch doll.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Good question, he's on his 2.5th year as a starter. Only time will tell, sometimes it takes QB's years (see Peyton Manning) and sometimes they can step right in and get it done (see Roethlisberger). By the way, please break down all three INT's vs. Pittsburgh, especially the first and third and let me know who the WR was that he was targeting, once you figure it out, let me know what kind of route he was running, because according to both of those receivers they ran the wrong route. Perhaps you can add some light to this?

Jesus, I don't need to break down every single play. I really don't care. My point is, whenever there is a big game, he falls apart. Honestly, has he EVER won a big game? EVER? Everytime I see him play a big game he seems to fumble all the time, make dumb mistakes, and the Cowboys eventually lose the game.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Jesus, I don't need to break down every single play. I really don't care. My point is, whenever there is a big game, he falls apart. Honestly, has he EVER won a big game? EVER? Everytime I see him play a big game he seems to fumble all the time, make dumb mistakes, and the Cowboys eventually lose the game.
You're apparently the foremost expert on everything Dallas Cowboys because you constantly have nothing but negative things to say, clearly you watch all the games or you wouldn't be making the borderline stupid comments you continue to make. I was hoping you might be able to help me out because clearly, I'm not watching the games close enough.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
You're apparently the foremost expert on everything Dallas Cowboys because you constantly have nothing but negative things to say, clearly you watch all the games or you wouldn't be making the borderline stupid comments you continue to make. I was hoping you might be able to help me out because clearly, I'm not watching the games close enough.

And through all of this, you've still failed to tell me about one big game where Romo led the Cowboys to victory. I never said I was an expert. I simply asked you to point out one big game where he came to play.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 09:14 AM
And through all of this, you've still failed to tell me about one big game where Romo led the Cowboys to victory. I never said I was an expert. I simply asked you to point out one big game where he came to play.
Based on my definition of a big game he is 0-2. Like I said before, some people get it right away, and for others it takes years. Then, some never get it at all, only time will tell for Romo.

Now please, when are you going to break down that Pittsburgh game? I'd love to hear your expert opinion on the last two INT's.

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Based on my definition of a big game he is 0-2. Like I said before, some people get it right away, and for others it takes years. Then, some never get it at all, only time will tell for Romo.

Now please, when are you going to break down that Pittsburgh game? I'd love to hear your expert opinion on the last two INT's.

I'll probably never break it down. I really could care less about those two teams. Unlike you, I don't have time to break down all the games. I watch other sports and would prefer to do that.

You already proved my point. He is winless in big games. I don't really care whose fault it was, whats done is done.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I'll probably never break it down. I really could care less about those two teams. Unlike you, I don't have time to break down all the games. I watch other sports and would prefer to do that.

You already proved my point. He is winless in big games. I don't really care whose fault it was, whats done is done.
So sad, I was hoping for an expert analysis. And clearly you care a lot or you wouldn't continue responding :up:

RockStar36
12-17-2008, 09:23 AM
So sad, I was hoping for an expert analysis. And clearly you care a lot or you wouldn't continue responding :up:

No, I just like arguing with you.

gr8slayer
12-17-2008, 09:23 AM
No, I just like arguing with you.
Fair enough :lol: