PDA

View Full Version : The Sad Thing About This Franchise is That No One Seems to Care

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Ralph is unwilling to spend money on a football savvy GM, a successful coach, or players to make us better. Ultimately, he sells the Bills' soul to Toronto for a handsome payday.

The players are content to give up homefield advantage, and the boisterous, loyal 12th man, for a cozy game played in front of a neutral crowd. They play with no guts and no intensity, scoring 3 points for a 2nd straight week.

The coaching staff shows neither imagination nor courage, running a bland defensive scheme, and an offense so inept that one of the best runners in the league struggles for 31 yards behind a sluggish and lazy offensive line.

It is time for new ownership of this franchise, whether it means moving or not. It is simply too painful to watch this team rot from within, with people - from players and coaches, right through the owner - who just no longer give a damn.

Historian
12-08-2008, 07:55 AM
I agree Jan.

It's pathetic.

And not pretty to watch.

FinFaninBuffalo
12-08-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm convinced more than ever that coaching is the biggest problem. There is clearly more talent on the team than was displayed yesterday. It is time to blow the whole thing up again. Unfortunately, a new coaching staff will want their own players, so the cycle continues....

don137
12-08-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm convinced more than ever that coaching is the biggest problem. There is clearly more talent on the team than was displayed yesterday. It is time to blow the whole thing up again. Unfortunately, a new coaching staff will want their own players, so the cycle continues....

I agree the talent is better than what is displayed on the field but I don't think RW cares enough to pay for a top level coach not to mentionwhy would a top level coach want to play in Buffalo and tarnish his reputation. They know RW is not committed to paying for a winning product so they will have to do more with less. Who wants to walk into that situation?

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I agree the talent is better than what is displayed on the field but I don't think RW cares enough to pay for a top level coach not to mentionwhy would a top level coach want to play in Buffalo and tarnish his reputation. They know RW is not committed to paying for a winning product so they will have to do more with less. Who wants to walk into that situation?
There is no doubt that our problems start at the very top, with an owner no longer committed to winning (if he ever really was). It's simply all about the bottom line now, and this franchise is very good at selling tickets and merchandise, while putting a very mediocre product on the field.

I can no longer tolerate this sham, and would really like to see new ownership committed to winning - and I don't care if it's here or elsewhere. Nine straight years with no playoffs and another losing record is just not acceptable, particularly when there are absolutely no signs of things getting better.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-08-2008, 09:16 AM
it is not true that no one seems to care...

the people WITH NO POWER TO CHANGE ANYTHING CARE! THE FANS!

but we are the only ones

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 09:23 AM

I don't agree. How we can field a team with Denney, Kelsay, Copeland, and Schobel as our 4 ends is plain scary.

Add that we have essentially two guys who can catch a ball in Evans and Reed. And people our WRs can't get separation when running their routes.

Our LBs our just horrible.

What talent am I missing? Lynch who ran for 31 yards?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
there is not one bright spot on this roster. Not ONE

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
it is not true that no one seems to care...

the people WITH NO POWER TO CHANGE ANYTHING CARE! THE FANS!

but we are the only ones
That's what really bothers me. You and I and the rest of the Bills' loyal fans care a whole lot more than anyone involved professionally with this team.

There is simply no fight left at any level within the Bills.

Saratoga Slim
12-08-2008, 09:33 AM
there is not one bright spot on this roster. Not ONE

That's just not true.

Perhaps no one is standing out right now because it's a team game, but there are a lot of very capable football players on the roster right now.

Let's not confuse lack of talent at a few key positions (DE, C etc) with lack of talent overall.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Ralph is unwilling to spend money on a football savvy GM, a successful coach, or players to make us better. Ultimately, he sells the Bills' soul to Toronto for a handsome payday.

The players are content to give up homefield advantage, and the boisterous, loyal 12th man, for a cozy game played in front of a neutral crowd. They play with no guts and no intensity, scoring 3 points for a 2nd straight week.

Ralph does spend money on players. The GM is just picking the wrong guys to spend it on.

The players didn't really have a say about the game in Toronto. Maybe the Bills playing like crap in Toronto is a good thing. It may make Toronto not want a team. And by the sound of the crowd and by the many empty seats, I doubt they really do want a team.

SABuffalo786
12-08-2008, 09:45 AM
We need to be BAD for 2-3 years. Like REALLY bad, 2-14/3-13 bad.

We NEED the premium draft picks. That's the only thing that's going to fix this mess. The mediocre 7-9/8-8 seasons have been what's killing this team.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 10:18 AM
That's just not true.

Perhaps no one is standing out right now because it's a team game, but there are a lot of very capable football players on the roster right now.

Let's not confuse lack of talent at a few key positions (DE, C etc) with lack of talent overall.
There are some good players on our roster. The uninspiring Jauron is simply getting as little out of them as possible.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 10:20 AM
We need to be BAD for 2-3 years. Like REALLY bad, 2-14/3-13 bad.

We NEED the premium draft picks. That's the only thing that's going to fix this mess. The mediocre 7-9/8-8 seasons have been what's killing this team.

Agreed. We have been bad but not bad enough to get early picks in every round.

Even this year, right now we are sitting on the 13th pick. I doubt even losing the last 3 that the Bills could get in the top 10.

Lions 0-13
Bengals 1-12
KC 2-11
Rams 2-11
Seattle 2-11
raiders 3-10
Clevland 4-9
Jags 4-9
GB 5-8
SF 5-8
SD 5-8

It's going to take a miracle for the Bills to move up much more then 13th. 9th is the highest we could get with alot of bad teams winning.

Historian
12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
There are some good players on our roster. The uninspiring Jauron is simply getting as little out of them as possible.

On 4th and whatever yesterday, I watched Lynch catch a flair pass and get tackled by a smaller defender.

He got dropped like a sack of potatoes, and didn't seem to care.

That single play tells me that Jauron has lost them.

Mahdi
12-08-2008, 11:03 AM

The coaching staff shows neither imagination nor courage, running a bland defensive scheme, and an offense so inept that one of the best runners in the league struggles for 31 yards behind a sluggish and lazy offensive line.

It is time for new ownership of this franchise, whether it means moving or not. It is simply too painful to watch this team rot from within, with people - from players and coaches, right through the owner - who just no longer give a damn.
The players dont have a choice with the Toronto thing. The contract was signed already so they're not going to whine a cry about playing in TO or else they will seem like they are making excuses.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 11:05 AM
On 4th and whatever yesterday, I watched Lynch catch a flair pass and get tackled by a smaller defender.

Lynch was not running with the intensity he showed early in the season, and who can really blame him?

Mahdi
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM

I dont blame Lynch for being tackled on that play, the defender had position and momentum on his side and made a solid form tackle, yer not going to break that especially when your back is to the defender. What Lynch should have done is run that route deeper to make sure he is tackled on the other side of the down marker.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 11:11 AM
The players dont have a choice with the Toronto thing. The contract was signed already so they're not going to whine a cry about playing in TO or else they will seem like they are making excuses.

I know, but screw them anyway for embracing a comfy game in a nice warm dome, and not even giving a nod to losing the loud, fanatical and loyal home field crowd at the Ralph. It shows their soft mindset, as demonstrated by their dreadful performance on the field.

mchurchfie
12-08-2008, 11:19 AM

Jerry Sullivan asked Ralph if he was embarrassed by the Bills performance and he just laughed and said he was used to it. That is very sad and speak volumes. Time to get rid of the greedy old senile bastard.

baalworship
12-08-2008, 11:25 AM
The overall roster for the Bills is not terrible nor is it great. The two issues are coaching and QB play.

Edwards pre-concussion was winning games. If we had that same QB in the San Fran, Cleveland, and first Miami game we would have 9 wins, not 6.

Throw in crappy coaching with the terrible QB'ing of the last stretch and that is why we are awful.

In the off-season we need a veteran QB that can play if Edwards falters and a real coach. We do that and I think we can at least contend for a playoff spot.

Night Train
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I believe the vast change in economics in the last 10-15 years has blown away Ralph.

At one time, he was more than willing to hire Chuck Knox,Bill Polian etc. to run everything and they soon turned around horrid teams into top shelf squads within a couple years. The players in that era were paid very well. Naturally, he had to run many of them off with lousy reasons.

What's galling is that Ralph can't bring himself to pay some players and ANY coach the present market value of their positions. Especially coaches.

His business plan, although always disjointed since the 1960's, basically looks to cut corners and make the best of "his" situation as an owner...at the expense of the fan.

That's why I expect to see Chuck Lester being mentioned as a top candidate for our next coach.

tat2dmike77
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
It seems the players don't care. They just want thier game check and want to finish the game without an injury.

Dick could care less to. It obvious when the team scores 3 points in it's last two games. Open the thing up what have you got to loose? But no we stick to this "Watch us outsmart them" crap that they still have yet to realize they are outsmarting nobody.

The players are done with this season much like most of us fans are done. Sorry but i have other things to do on a sunday then sit and watch this pathetic excuse for a team. I'm not reneging my bills fandom i just can't take it anymore.

On a bright side thank you toronto for showing you could care less about the NFL. Even though the Bills suck you showed you could care less about the NFL. A city that does want a franchise would fill up the entire stadium for the Lions for one game. You showed that you don't care and we would like to thank you for that.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Jerry Sullivan asked Ralph if he was embarrassed by the Bills performance and he just laughed and said he was used to it. That is very sad and speak volumes. Time to get rid of the greedy old senile bastard.
Amen, bro. How can any team have an owner who is so openly uncommitted to winning?

FinFaninBuffalo
12-09-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't agree. How we can field a team with Denney, Kelsay, Copeland, and Schobel as our 4 ends is plain scary.

Add that we have essentially two guys who can catch a ball in Evans and Reed. And people our WRs can't get separation when running their routes.

Our LBs our just horrible.

What talent am I missing? Lynch who ran for 31 yards?

Offense:
Lynch, Evans, Reed, Peters, Dockery, Edwards (when healthy), Walker should form the nucleus of a decent offense. Buffalo needs a C, RG, and TE to be solid on offense. Parrish is a nice change of pace WR. Jackson is a solid backup RB.

Defense:
The secondary is solid across the board. They have decent depth in the secondary. Mitchell, Poz, and Crowell are okay. Stroud probably has another year or two. They are in need of depth in the front 7 and an impact pass rusher (or two).

I'm not sure that they are playing the right schemes on offense or defense to fit their personnel. That's coaching.

Time to bring in a fiery HC (with experience) and proven coordinators on offense and defense.