The Sad Thing About This Franchise is That No One Seems to Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

The Sad Thing About This Franchise is That No One Seems to Care

Ralph is unwilling to spend money on a football savvy GM, a successful coach, or players to make us better. Ultimately, he sells the Bills' soul to Toronto for a handsome payday.

The players are content to give up homefield advantage, and the boisterous, loyal 12th man, for a cozy game played in front of a neutral crowd. They play with no guts and no intensity, scoring 3 points for a 2nd straight week.

The coaching staff shows neither imagination nor courage, running a bland defensive scheme, and an offense so inept that one of the best runners in the league struggles for 31 yards behind a sluggish and lazy offensive line.

It is time for new ownership of this franchise, whether it means moving or not. It is simply too painful to watch this team rot from within, with people - from players and coaches, right through the owner - who just no longer give a damn.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: The Sad Thing About This Franchise is That No One Seems to Care

I agree Jan.

It's pathetic.

And not pretty to watch.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
      Registered Fish
      • Aug 2006

I'm convinced more than ever that coaching is the biggest problem. There is clearly more talent on the team than was displayed yesterday. It is time to blow the whole thing up again. Unfortunately, a new coaching staff will want their own players, so the cycle continues....

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
        I'm convinced more than ever that coaching is the biggest problem. There is clearly more talent on the team than was displayed yesterday. It is time to blow the whole thing up again. Unfortunately, a new coaching staff will want their own players, so the cycle continues....
        I agree the talent is better than what is displayed on the field but I don't think RW cares enough to pay for a top level coach not to mentionwhy would a top level coach want to play in Buffalo and tarnish his reputation. They know RW is not committed to paying for a winning product so they will have to do more with less. Who wants to walk into that situation?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          • May 2003

Originally posted by don137
          I agree the talent is better than what is displayed on the field but I don't think RW cares enough to pay for a top level coach not to mentionwhy would a top level coach want to play in Buffalo and tarnish his reputation. They know RW is not committed to paying for a winning product so they will have to do more with less. Who wants to walk into that situation?
          There is no doubt that our problems start at the very top, with an owner no longer committed to winning (if he ever really was). It's simply all about the bottom line now, and this franchise is very good at selling tickets and merchandise, while putting a very mediocre product on the field.

I can no longer tolerate this sham, and would really like to see new ownership committed to winning - and I don't care if it's here or elsewhere. Nine straight years with no playoffs and another losing record is just not acceptable, particularly when there are absolutely no signs of things getting better.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

it is not true that no one seems to care...

the people WITH NO POWER TO CHANGE ANYTHING CARE! THE FANS!

but we are the only ones
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
              I don't agree. How we can field a team with Denney, Kelsay, Copeland, and Schobel as our 4 ends is plain scary.

Add that we have essentially two guys who can catch a ball in Evans and Reed. And people our WRs can't get separation when running their routes.

Our LBs our just horrible.

What talent am I missing? Lynch who ran for 31 yards?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

there is not one bright spot on this roster. Not ONE
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by keithtr
                  it is not true that no one seems to care...

the people WITH NO POWER TO CHANGE ANYTHING CARE! THE FANS!

but we are the only ones
                  That's what really bothers me. You and I and the rest of the Bills' loyal fans care a whole lot more than anyone involved professionally with this team.

There is simply no fight left at any level within the Bills.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by keithtr
                    there is not one bright spot on this roster. Not ONE
                    That's just not true.

Perhaps no one is standing out right now because it's a team game, but there are a lot of very capable football players on the roster right now.

Let's not confuse lack of talent at a few key positions (DE, C etc) with lack of talent overall.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Ralph is unwilling to spend money on a football savvy GM, a successful coach, or players to make us better. Ultimately, he sells the Bills' soul to Toronto for a handsome payday.

The players are content to give up homefield advantage, and the boisterous, loyal 12th man, for a cozy game played in front of a neutral crowd. They play with no guts and no intensity, scoring 3 points for a 2nd straight week.
                      Ralph does spend money on players. The GM is just picking the wrong guys to spend it on.

The players didn't really have a say about the game in Toronto. Maybe the Bills playing like crap in Toronto is a good thing. It may make Toronto not want a team. And by the sound of the crowd and by the many empty seats, I doubt they really do want a team.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                        • Feb 2003

We need to be BAD for 2-3 years. Like REALLY bad, 2-14/3-13 bad.

We NEED the premium draft picks. That's the only thing that's going to fix this mess. The mediocre 7-9/8-8 seasons have been what's killing this team.
                        "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                        We are the Rockpile
                        We are the Rockpile
                        BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                          That's just not true.

Perhaps no one is standing out right now because it's a team game, but there are a lot of very capable football players on the roster right now.

Let's not confuse lack of talent at a few key positions (DE, C etc) with lack of talent overall.
                          There are some good players on our roster. The uninspiring Jauron is simply getting as little out of them as possible.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                            We need to be BAD for 2-3 years. Like REALLY bad, 2-14/3-13 bad.

We NEED the premium draft picks. That's the only thing that's going to fix this mess. The mediocre 7-9/8-8 seasons have been what's killing this team.
                            Agreed. We have been bad but not bad enough to get early picks in every round.

Even this year, right now we are sitting on the 13th pick. I doubt even losing the last 3 that the Bills could get in the top 10.

Lions 0-13
                            Bengals 1-12
                            KC 2-11
                            Rams 2-11
                            Seattle 2-11
                            raiders 3-10
                            Clevland 4-9
                            Jags 4-9
                            GB 5-8
                            SF 5-8
                            SD 5-8

It's going to take a miracle for the Bills to move up much more then 13th. 9th is the highest we could get with alot of bad teams winning.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              There are some good players on our roster. The uninspiring Jauron is simply getting as little out of them as possible.
                              On 4th and whatever yesterday, I watched Lynch catch a flair pass and get tackled by a smaller defender.

He got dropped like a sack of potatoes, and didn't seem to care.

That single play tells me that Jauron has lost them.

Comment

Working...
                              X