X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Moving forward...

Let's realistically look at what needs to happen here to get this ship righted.

The sad part is that I doubt we make the playoffs next year but the AFC East is not that great so you never know.

Moving forward:

1) Edwards needs to play the next three games. For those who are ready to get another QB let it go. There is not another Matt Ryan waiting in the wings and no vet is coming in here and winning us anymore games than Edwards can.

2) We need DEs badly!!! No pass rush means our secondary is always playing from behind the 8 ball.

3) Bring a veteran WR in. Everybody hated Owens but he's still playing great. Moss the same. Time to bring Ocho Cinco in and take a chance on some talent. If you guys haven't figured out that our WRs can't get open than attend a game.

4) Draft some large LBs because we need them.

5) Time to abandon the Tampa 2.

6) Bring in a real offensive coordinator.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Moving forward...

I actually agree with 1-6, except I'd add coaching staff to #6 on the list - not just OC.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Let's realistically look at what needs to happen here to get this ship righted.

The sad part is that I doubt we make the playoffs next year but the AFC East is not that great so you never know.

Moving forward:

1) Edwards needs to play the next three games. For those who are ready to get another QB let it go. There is not another Matt Ryan waiting in the wings and no vet is coming in here and winning us anymore games than Edwards can.

2) We need DEs badly!!! No pass rush means our secondary is always playing from behind the 8 ball.

3) Bring a veteran WR in. Everybody hated Owens but he's still playing great. Moss the same. Time to bring Ocho Cinco in and take a chance on some talent. If you guys haven't figured out that our WRs can't get open than attend a game.

4) Draft some large LBs because we need them.

5) Time to abandon the Tampa 2.

6) Bring in a real offensive coordinator.
      I agree with everything except #3.

A new coaching staff, and hopefully a new front office, is the most important thing at this point though.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EDS
        I agree with everything except #3.

A new coaching staff, and hopefully a new front office, is the most important thing at this point though.
        Hardy was a second round draft pick and he's done absolutely nothing here. We need a veteran WR that can give Evans some real opportunities to play. I love Josh Reed but he's slow and Roscoe Parris is too small.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Hardy was a second round draft pick and he's done absolutely nothing here. We need a veteran WR that can give Evans some real opportunities to play. I love Josh Reed but he's slow and Roscoe Parris is too small.
          Hardy's a rookie, I had little expectations there and that dish was served.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
            Hardy's a rookie, I had little expectations there and that dish was served.
            My point being that you need a veteran to come in and not try to fill through the draft again.

PS. Hardy doesn't look like he'll be a good second year player either.

Comment

Working...
            X