I didn't realize that Jauron won the toss and chose to kick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I didn't realize that Jauron won the toss and chose to kick?

Uhhh, isn't their an NFL rule that says if you are this big a pussy you are automatically fired?
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: I didn't realize that Jauron won the toss and chose to kick?

EVERYBODY DOES IT!

/thread
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
      NJ In The House
      • Nov 2004

Pretty much every team has been doing that all year. Defer to the second half.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I don't have a problem with this at all.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I don't get what the big deal is here. For all the things Jauron gets criticized for, this is one that he deserves credit for. You idiots (the ones whining about this) do realize that the Bills got the ball to start the 2nd half, don't you?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Defering is normal. To knock Dick for that is stupid

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              I don't get what the big deal is here. For all the things Jauron gets criticized for, this is one that he deserves credit for. You idiots (the ones whining about this) do realize that the Bills got the ball to start the 2nd half, don't you?
              I'd be curious to see what our record is like with getting the ball first vs. not.

Comment

• bflobarry
                • Jan 2004

Defering is normal under normal circumstances. For the 2 games prior to yesterdays diaster, we defered also, and in both games our pathetic defense immediately gave up a touchdown. Last week, we never recovered, and yesterday, we didn't either. If you have a strong "D" and feel you'll get a quick stop, you defer. If your season hangs in the balance, and you have a chance to smack the other team right away, get some points, and utilize your home field advantage, you don't defer. After this strategy blew up in our face last week, I was shocked that the Corpse opted once again to let our opponent jump out to an early lead, which they promptly did. It was an idiotic call under the circumstances, and one reason of many that the Corpse will not be here next year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bflobarry
                  Defering is normal under normal circumstances. For the 2 games prior to yesterdays diaster, we defered also, and in both games our pathetic defense immediately gave up a touchdown. Last week, we never recovered, and yesterday, we didn't either. If you have a strong "D" and feel you'll get a quick stop, you defer. If your season hangs in the balance, and you have a chance to smack the other team right away, get some points, and utilize your home field advantage, you don't defer. After this strategy blew up in our face kast week, I was shocked that the Corpse opted once again to let our opponent jump out to an early lead, which they promptly did. It was an idiotic call under the circumstances, and one reason of many that the Corpse will not be here next year.
                  Yes, and the Buffalo News agrees with you and me this morning. Good post!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Pittsburgh deferred to the 2nd half yesterday also. They got the ball first in the 2nd half and in the 4th QTR Dallas had the wind in their face.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I don't buy the "Every other team does, so we should, too" approach. When things are turning to complete crap, why not show some confidence in your offense and the intestinal fortitude to do something different from everyone else?
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Pittsburgh has a defense.

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

Are we grasping at straws here or what?
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

I wanted the ball. No weather, so no reason whatsoever to not want it.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                              Defering is normal. To knock Dick for that is stupid
                              I thought the reason for deferring was to set up the field direction and be able to choose the wind. Didn't Dickie realize they were in a dome?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X