PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Jauron is getting fired.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Between Russ Brandon and Kiwaki Mitchells comments and Jauron's capitualtion I think it's a done deal barring 3 wins in a row.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-08-2008, 09:21 AM
what the heck did brandon say?

If I had a milion bucks Id still bet on jauron being here next year

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-08-2008, 09:23 AM
here is something to hang your hat on:
http://wnywatercooler.blogspot.com/2008/12/unacceptable-russ-brandon.html

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I think he lost the locker room as well.

Buckets
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Between Russ Brandon and Kiwaki Mitchells comments and Jauron's capitualtion I think it's a done deal barring 3 wins in a row.

Why should Jauron be here next week let alone for the next three games???

bigbub2352
12-08-2008, 09:34 AM
A winning organization would have fired him after 3 divisional loses

Tiburon1724
12-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Fire him NOW, make April Interim Head Coach.

cocamide
12-08-2008, 05:22 PM
“It’s where we are and we’re disappointed about it,” said Jauron. ”You’re talking about a couple of things. Do we accept the performance? No, we’re very disappointed in it. Is it unacceptable? How do you not accept it if you’ve done it. So that’s where we are we’ve got to live with it. That’s our record and we’ve got to take it and go on and improve and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

What a smartass!?

X-Era
12-08-2008, 05:28 PM

The key part of the link is:

"Brandon would not discuss Jauron's rumored contract extension. I asked Ralph Wilson if he could clear up the contract issue and he said he didn't want to talk about it. When I pressed him and asked if Jauron would definitely be his coach next season, he said, "I don't know.""

I almost want to throw a rep thread when I read that. Jauron is definetely on the ropes.

The problme is, they wont get a true playoff caliper guy in here, they just wont. Its classic Bills of late. They wont spend money on Cowher, and Id bet they wont even interview Billick, Fassel maybe. They wont pay for Shotty either. That leaves us with no HC experienced coordinators that are no better potentially than Williams or Mularkey.

Nighthawk
12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
The key part of the link is:

"Brandon would not discuss Jauron's rumored contract extension. I asked Ralph Wilson if he could clear up the contract issue and he said he didn't want to talk about it. When I pressed him and asked if Jauron would definitely be his coach next season, he said, "I don't know.""

I almost want to throw a rep thread when I read that. Jauron is definetely on the ropes.

The problme is, they wont get a true playoff caliper guy in here, they just wont. Its classic Bills of late. They wont spend money on Cowher, and Id bet they wont even interview Billick, Fassel maybe. They wont pay for Shotty either. That leaves us with no HC experienced coordinators that are no better potentially than Williams or Mularkey.

Getting rid of Jauron is a HUGE step in the right direction for this organization. He was a mistake from the beginning and is now showing his true colors. It sure as hell looks like this team has quit on him.

X-Era
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Getting rid of Jauron is a HUGE step in the right direction for this organization. He was a mistake from the beginning and is now showing his true colors. It sure as hell looks like this team has quit on him.

Its not THAT step thats the big one, weve been firing coaches for years. Its the hiring part that we screw up.

Personally, I think Cowher and Shotty are unrealistic, we wont spend what it would take. Besides, Im not a big shotty fan anyways, but he can win games.

What I do think is possible for a cheapo team like us, is to get Billick. BRian can coach. I think we have a better QB prospect in Edwards than they had in Boller. He might just be able to turn him around. And if he brings in a defense that is built like the Ravens, we are much much better. But I think hes really good at the draft and thats one of this teams most important aspects. We are banking on the draft every year.

patmoran2006
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
I think your wrong, unfortunately.

Wilson's comment support him thinking that Jauron is not the problem, and that we have a lack of talent as the real issue (imagine that)

Nighthawk
12-08-2008, 05:41 PM

Wilson's comment support him thinking that Jauron is not the problem, and that we have a lack of talent as the real issue (imagine that)

What you are forgetting is that Brandon is the Marketing master of this organization. You don't think he'll go to Ralph and tell him that it would be nearly impossible to market this team with Jauron after a year like this? I think your overlooking it too much. We have no idea how much pull Brandon has, so he may surprise us and do something positive!

patmoran2006
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
What you are forgetting is that Brandon is the Marketing master of this organization. You don't think he'll go to Ralph and tell him that it would be nearly impossible to market this team with Jauron after a year like this? I think your overlooking it too much. We have no idea how much pull Brandon has, so he may surprise us and do something positive!
I totally agree with what you said.. The fan and media revolt against him makes it very hard to bring him back and not lose a lot of fans.

But Im being very frank when i say taht I truly think Ralph doesnt give a ****.

When I went on my Ralph crusade earlier in the summer I was near-alone.. NOw it seems EVERYBODY hates him.

Having said that, I still dont think he fires Jauron, and even if he does, I dont think it will help much.

Jauron is a problem, a big problem.

But not the biggest problem.

The biggest problems are Brandon, Guy and Modrak. They are the ones that bring the talent in.

I like Brandon and he can still maintain a COO, while bringing a GM in to run the Football (Brandon is a marketing guy first) that actually knows how to run a team.

Ed
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but it appears from this article that it was Ralph Wilson that said "I don't know" when asked about Jauron being the coach next year. So his comments seem to be conflicting. I'm thinking that Ralph is in fact unhappy with both the players and the coaches, but maybe doesn't want to throw Jauron under the bus because he did in fact give him an extension and may feel stuck with him for at least one more year.

Who knows though.

I've always been a fan of Jauron, but I'd gladly swap him out for Cowher or Marty. Hell, why not just bring back Marv. We're obviously not getting any of those guys though, so if the choice is Jauron or some up and coming nobody like Williams or Mularkey, I'd rather just stick with Jauron.

shelby
12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Don't get your hopes up, people.

1. Wilson likes Jauron.
b. Brandon is a figurehead. Wilson is the one who holds the purse strings.

Don't get me wrong, i don't want Jauron to be our HC after this season....but i've got a bad feeling that he will be.

Nighthawk
12-08-2008, 06:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but it appears from this article that it was Ralph Wilson that said "I don't know" when asked about Jauron being the coach next year. So his comments seem to be conflicting. I'm thinking that Ralph is in fact unhappy with both the players and the coaches, but maybe doesn't want to throw Jauron under the bus because he did in fact give him an extension and may feel stuck with him for at least one more year.

Who knows though.

I've always been a fan of Jauron, but I'd gladly swap him out for Cowher or Marty. Hell, why not just bring back Marv. We're obviously not getting any of those guys though, so if the choice is Jauron or some up and coming nobody like Williams or Mularkey, I'd rather just stick with Jauron.

Can I ask why you would be a fan of Jauron...just curious?

Nighthawk
12-08-2008, 06:33 PM

1. Wilson likes Jauron.

Don't get me wrong, i don't want Jauron to be our HC after this season....but i've got a bad feeling that he will be.

I wouldn't be shocked if it happens, but if we lose the next 3 games, it's highly unlikely that he stays. I just can't see how they could honestly sell that to the fans.

tat2dmike77
12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm on the Brian Billick Wagon already got plenty of room here for everyone :up:

X-Era
12-08-2008, 06:39 PM

1. Wilson likes Jauron.

I cant agree Shelby, Russ may be calling the shots, Donahoe certainly did. Besides, even the HOF ex-Bills are getting in on the slamming of the team. I dont think even Ralph could keep him now.

Im not saying I know, but the winds in Buffalo are starting to blow hard and Jauron may just get blown right out the door.

shelby
12-08-2008, 06:53 PM
i hope so.

Oaf
12-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Yep. Wilson cited a lack of talent rather than a lack of good coaching. About as ringing of an endorsement he could get. :ill:

PECKERWOOD
12-08-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm on the Brian Billick Wagon already got plenty of room here for everyone :up:

I'm on the Cowher bandwagon, if Cowher becomes the next head coach I buy season tickets for the next 5 years. Billick is in my 5, though! :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fscEbMzmPmI

tat2dmike77
12-08-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm on the Cowher bandwagon, if Cowher becomes the next head coach I buy season tickets for the next 5 years. Billick is in my 5, though! :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fscEbMzmPmI

Oh don't get me wrong i would love to see Cowher here but i doubt it would happen. I doubt Billick would even happen. Most likely Ralph will hire anther unproven coach or anther loser like Cam Cameron.

But like it was stated earlier. Until we get a real GM and real talent evaluators then we will suck.

shelby
12-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Yep. Wilson cited a lack of talent rather than a lack of good coaching. About as ringing of an endorsement he could get. :ill:

Exactly.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 05:01 AM
RW has reached a stasis about the quality of our talent and he doesn't believe in bringing enough here. The contract for DJ has been held up because DJ has not signed it yet...and if he does in another month the tune you will hear in the media from RW is what a great coach DJ is and how we need to get more talent here. What RW is really afraid of is if the current coach leaves there won't even be a guy to hire as the next coach because no one wants to play for him...and then he'll have to hire Shelby.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 06:22 AM
RW has reached a stasis about the quality of our talent and he doesn't believe in bringing enough here. The contract for DJ has been held up because DJ has not signed it yet...and if he does in another month the tune you will hear in the media from RW is what a great coach DJ is and how we need to get more talent here. What RW is really afraid of is if the current coach leaves there won't even be a guy to hire as the next coach because no one wants to play for him...and then he'll have to hire Shelby.

I dont know how that will work. OK, he keeps DJ and says its the talent. So then hes going to show us all how he will add the talent? Yeah frikkin right.

It wont happen.

Does anyone think Ralph has the balls to sign Peppers at 8.5-9 mill per? Or Suggs?

I could argue its a smart move. If he spent 7 mill per on a G, why is a double digit sack guy not worth another 1.5-2 mill more?

don137
12-09-2008, 06:33 AM
The Bills have let me down when hiring a coach for the last 3 coaching hires. I am not about to expect Ralph to hire someone we like (Cowher, Spags, Billick, etc.) because he is too cheap. I expect to be disappointed again.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 06:55 AM
who said anything about getting the talent? It's all a smoke screen for cash to the crap, holding ground on the pocketbook, and setting up the team for a move.

I dont know how that will work. OK, he keeps DJ and says its the talent. So then hes going to show us all how he will add the talent? Yeah frikkin right.

It wont happen.

Does anyone think Ralph has the balls to sign Peppers at 8.5-9 mill per? Or Suggs?

I could argue its a smart move. If he spent 7 mill per on a G, why is a double digit sack guy not worth another 1.5-2 mill more?

NorthCarBills
12-09-2008, 06:57 AM
The Bills have let me down when hiring a coach for the last 3 coaching hires. I am not about to expect Ralph to hire someone we like (Cowher, Spags, Billick, etc.) because he is too cheap. I expect to be disappointed again.

Hate to say but I share this exact same sentiment.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 06:57 AM

exactly, so keep this loser for the sake of some continuity and give him a chance next year at getting some decent QB play and winning games. If we fire him and hire another loser he is going to blow up the team and have a 2-14 season and it will be three years before they have a chance...and then he will be fired because he's not winning!

Jeff1220
12-09-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm not a fan of Billick as a gameday coach at all (I've posted before about why) but I would take him over Jauron simply because he has a personality, and he might sway someone like Ed Reed (who hates Harbaugh) to come over to Buffalo.

HHURRICANE
12-09-2008, 08:17 AM
exactly, so keep this loser for the sake of some continuity and give him a chance next year at getting some decent QB play and winning games. If we fire him and hire another loser he is going to blow up the team and have a 2-14 season and it will be three years before they have a chance...and then he will be fired because he's not winning!

This is a great post that everyone should read.

Be careful what you wish for. Jauron is still better than Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey. I'm not sure that Wade Wilson is looking that good either right about now.

Jan Reimers
12-09-2008, 09:27 AM
I was going to say the same thing. After Williams, Mularkey and Jauron, you get a little gun shy regarding the hiring of any new head coach. And without a football savvy GM and a major upgrade in talent, I'm not sure it matters too much. There is only so much a head coach can do, given our lack of talent both in the FO and on the field.

don137
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM

You do have a point...We all want DJ gone but we will be in the same mess with the next coach and the coach after that as long as Ralph and his cronies penny pinch on yes sir coaches.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 12:10 PM
This is a great post that everyone should read.

Be careful what you wish for. Jauron is still better than Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey. I'm not sure that Wade Wilson is looking that good either right about now.

People speak with their passion and they want a perfect solution to our problem...it's all too likely that DJ is the best solution we are going to find right now!

Nighthawk
12-09-2008, 12:28 PM

What are you talking about? The Ravens hired a new coach...they're going to the playoffs...the Falcons hired a new coach....they may be going to the playoffs and Miami hired a new coach and may go to the playoffs. Your arguement doesn't hold water.

THATHURMANATOR
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
what the heck did brandon say?

If I had a milion bucks Id still bet on jauron being here next year
That would be a stupid stupid bet to make. Not saying it wouldn't happen just that the odds are certainly not in your favor.

Ed
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Can I ask why you would be a fan of Jauron...just curious?
I've always liked Jauron because I think he's a great person and has always handled himself and every situation with a ton of class. I know he's well liked and respected around the league. Up until recently, I've always felt like no matter what, our team always at least played with a ton of fire, intensity and passion. I wanted to believe that if we just had a little more talent, it would all come together. It's hard, but I'm accepting the fact that for whatever reason he's just not a winner and doesn't seem to have what it takes to win in this league. But I've always respected him and rooted for him to succeed. I think he works hard and cares a lot about his players, the fans and this organization, it just hasn't worked out. Which is just unfortunate because like I said, I just think he's a great person. I'm not opposed to moving on though.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I've always liked Jauron because I think he's a great person and has always handled himself and every situation with a ton of class. I know he's well liked and respected around the league. Up until recently, I've always felt like no matter what, our team always at least played with a ton of fire, intensity and passion. I wanted to believe that if we just had a little more talent, it would all come together. It's hard, but I'm accepting the fact that for whatever reason he's just not a winner and doesn't seem to have what it takes to win in this league. But I've always respected him and rooted for him to succeed. I think he works hard and cares a lot about his players, the fans and this organization, it just hasn't worked out. Which is just unfortunate because like I said, I just think he's a great person. I'm not opposed to moving on though.

too bad the guy never had a quarterback or he'd be a winner!

Typ0
12-09-2008, 02:40 PM
What are you talking about? The Ravens hired a new coach...they're going to the playoffs...the Falcons hired a new coach....they may be going to the playoffs and Miami hired a new coach and may go to the playoffs. Your arguement doesn't hold water.

The Ravens are getting average qb play. Both of the other teams are getting above average qb play. In the games we won we got average or above average qb play. In the games we lost we got below or well below average QB play with at least 70% of those games losing the turnover battle. My arguement holds water. We stop turning the ball over and get average QB play and we are in front of Miami right now for sure.

HHURRICANE

Agreed that he isn't a douchebag like Gregg Williams or Mularkey. I also thought he was a good fit but it's obvious that he's "book smart" and not "street smart". The timeout issue is just unacceptable and when your QB is yelling for plays and they aren't coming the only one to blame is the coach.

PIZ

And the Dolphins. They may win the DIVISION!!!!!!!

Who would have thought that.

By the way, what did Kavika Mitchell say about Jauron? I missed that.

Ed
12-09-2008, 02:43 PM
too bad the guy never had a quarterback or he'd be a winner!
Maybe. It sure looked like we had a qb through the first 6 games and we were winning...

This is a qb driven league and it's no secret that good qb play and winning seem to go hand in hand.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 03:56 PM

The Ravens have one of the best D's in the league, the Falcons signed one of the biggest bargains at RB in a decade, drafted a future pro-bowl QB who played at a pro-bowl level year one, and still have guys like Boley and Abraham, the Fins are benefiting from getting a veteran QB who can win some games but yes they are playing well in part due to the HC.

So, outside of the Fins, the HC was in a position to win from the start. This teams owner and FO cant/wont get the rigfht type of guys to let any newbie HC send them to the playoffs. HC's like Belichump, Parcells, Cowher? Yeah, then we may be able to go with our lack of talent and youth.

dasaybz
12-10-2008, 10:31 AM
How does John Guy still have a job?

Has he done even 1 positive thing during his tenure here? I can't think of a thing.

dasaybz
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
The Ravens have one of the best D's in the league, the Falcons signed one of the biggest bargains at RB in a decade, drafted a future pro-bowl QB who played at a pro-bowl level year one, and still have guys like Boley and Abraham, the Fins are benefiting from getting a veteran QB who can win some games but yes they are playing well in part due to the HC.

So, outside of the Fins, the HC was in a position to win from the start. This teams owner and FO cant/wont get the rigfht type of guys to let any newbie HC send them to the playoffs. HC's like Belichump, Parcells, Cowher? Yeah, then we may be able to go with our lack of talent and youth.

Uhh, Turner was a bargain?

Mr. Pink
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I dunno man...

He still hasn't gotten the dreaded vote of confidence yet.

Usually that's a telltale sign of someone getting fired.

Typ0
12-10-2008, 11:32 AM
I dunno man...

He still hasn't gotten the dreaded vote of confidence yet.

Usually that's a telltale sign of someone getting fired.

now if DJ has an offer but hasn't signed it yet...if RW said he wanted him back and then DJ went elsewhere RW would like like an idiot.