X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Sounds like Jauron is getting fired.

Between Russ Brandon and Kiwaki Mitchells comments and Jauron's capitualtion I think it's a done deal barring 3 wins in a row.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Sounds like Jaurom is getting fired.

what the heck did brandon say?

If I had a milion bucks Id still bet on jauron being here next year
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

here is something to hang your hat on:
      From the Buffalo News and Jerry Sullivan TORONTO -- I spoke with Russ Brandon, the Bills' COO, outside the locker room after Sunday's embarr...
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I think he lost the locker room as well.

Comment

• Buckets
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Between Russ Brandon and Kiwaki Mitchells comments and Jauron's capitualtion I think it's a done deal barring 3 wins in a row.
          Why should Jauron be here next week let alone for the next three games???

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

A winning organization would have fired him after 3 divisional loses
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Tiburon1724
              • Sep 2005

Fire him NOW, make April Interim Head Coach.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

“It’s where we are and we’re disappointed about it,” said Jauron. ”You’re talking about a couple of things. Do we accept the performance? No, we’re very disappointed in it. Is it unacceptable? How do you not accept it if you’ve done it. So that’s where we are we’ve got to live with it. That’s our record and we’ve got to take it and go on and improve and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

Buffalo Bills: The official source of the latest Bills headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and game day information

What a smartass!?

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Re: Sounds like Jauron is getting fired.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  The key part of the link is:

"Brandon would not discuss Jauron's rumored contract extension. I asked Ralph Wilson if he could clear up the contract issue and he said he didn't want to talk about it. When I pressed him and asked if Jauron would definitely be his coach next season, he said, "I don't know.""

I almost want to throw a rep thread when I read that. Jauron is definetely on the ropes.

The problme is, they wont get a true playoff caliper guy in here, they just wont. Its classic Bills of late. They wont spend money on Cowher, and Id bet they wont even interview Billick, Fassel maybe. They wont pay for Shotty either. That leaves us with no HC experienced coordinators that are no better potentially than Williams or Mularkey.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                    The key part of the link is:

"Brandon would not discuss Jauron's rumored contract extension. I asked Ralph Wilson if he could clear up the contract issue and he said he didn't want to talk about it. When I pressed him and asked if Jauron would definitely be his coach next season, he said, "I don't know.""

I almost want to throw a rep thread when I read that. Jauron is definetely on the ropes.

The problme is, they wont get a true playoff caliper guy in here, they just wont. Its classic Bills of late. They wont spend money on Cowher, and Id bet they wont even interview Billick, Fassel maybe. They wont pay for Shotty either. That leaves us with no HC experienced coordinators that are no better potentially than Williams or Mularkey.
                    Getting rid of Jauron is a HUGE step in the right direction for this organization. He was a mistake from the beginning and is now showing his true colors. It sure as hell looks like this team has quit on him.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      Getting rid of Jauron is a HUGE step in the right direction for this organization. He was a mistake from the beginning and is now showing his true colors. It sure as hell looks like this team has quit on him.
                      Its not THAT step thats the big one, weve been firing coaches for years. Its the hiring part that we screw up.

Personally, I think Cowher and Shotty are unrealistic, we wont spend what it would take. Besides, Im not a big shotty fan anyways, but he can win games.

What I do think is possible for a cheapo team like us, is to get Billick. BRian can coach. I think we have a better QB prospect in Edwards than they had in Boller. He might just be able to turn him around. And if he brings in a defense that is built like the Ravens, we are much much better. But I think hes really good at the draft and thats one of this teams most important aspects. We are banking on the draft every year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

I think your wrong, unfortunately.

Wilson's comment support him thinking that Jauron is not the problem, and that we have a lack of talent as the real issue (imagine that)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Wilson's comment support him thinking that Jauron is not the problem, and that we have a lack of talent as the real issue (imagine that)
                          What you are forgetting is that Brandon is the Marketing master of this organization. You don't think he'll go to Ralph and tell him that it would be nearly impossible to market this team with Jauron after a year like this? I think your overlooking it too much. We have no idea how much pull Brandon has, so he may surprise us and do something positive!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            What you are forgetting is that Brandon is the Marketing master of this organization. You don't think he'll go to Ralph and tell him that it would be nearly impossible to market this team with Jauron after a year like this? I think your overlooking it too much. We have no idea how much pull Brandon has, so he may surprise us and do something positive!
                            I totally agree with what you said.. The fan and media revolt against him makes it very hard to bring him back and not lose a lot of fans.

But Im being very frank when i say taht I truly think Ralph doesnt give a ****.

When I went on my Ralph crusade earlier in the summer I was near-alone.. NOw it seems EVERYBODY hates him.

Having said that, I still dont think he fires Jauron, and even if he does, I dont think it will help much.

Jauron is a problem, a big problem.

But not the biggest problem.

The biggest problems are Brandon, Guy and Modrak. They are the ones that bring the talent in.

I like Brandon and he can still maintain a COO, while bringing a GM in to run the Football (Brandon is a marketing guy first) that actually knows how to run a team.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I was thinking the same thing, but it appears from this article that it was Ralph Wilson that said "I don't know" when asked about Jauron being the coach next year. So his comments seem to be conflicting. I'm thinking that Ralph is in fact unhappy with both the players and the coaches, but maybe doesn't want to throw Jauron under the bus because he did in fact give him an extension and may feel stuck with him for at least one more year.

Who knows though.

I've always been a fan of Jauron, but I'd gladly swap him out for Cowher or Marty. Hell, why not just bring back Marv. We're obviously not getting any of those guys though, so if the choice is Jauron or some up and coming nobody like Williams or Mularkey, I'd rather just stick with Jauron.

Comment

Working...
                              X