PDA

View Full Version : Was there ever any doubt...

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 09:41 AM
that this game would end with JP turning the ball over on our last ditch effort to win the game?

Seriously, Peters made Joey Porter his ***** all day except for that one play. Losman has no clutch ability. He has never been able to execute the 2 minute drill, and the more the team gets down, the worse he plays.

And I put this partially on coaching, but he STILL doesn't know how to scramble. He runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. Half the time, he waits too long to get out of the pocet, and when he does, he can never seem to decide if he's going to throw on the run or just run the ball himself. And if he doesn't get sacked while trying to decide, he makes the wrong decision.

I can't stand this Tampa 2 D but the reality is that the D has played well enough to win the last two games. Poor QB play from both JP and Trent is what's really holding this team back more than anything.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
How many times did JP double or even triple clutch the ball yesterday?

And for the most part he had all day to find a reciever to throw the ball to.
Not to stick up for JP but there were atleast 5 drops, Lynch had 2 maybe 3 drops alone. Why was Fred Jackson on the bench yesterday?

billsfanone
12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
"JP has shown he can win the big game."
-DICK Jauron

SpillerThrills
12-08-2008, 09:45 AM
and for the guy who has "such a strong arm" he didn't hit one deep ball all day.... Josh Reed had the longest catch of the day, statistically 23 yards..... way to connect deep!

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM
and for the guy who has "such a strong arm" he didn't hit one deep ball all day.... Josh Reed had the longest catch of the day, statistically 23 yards..... way to connect deep!

He went deep 3 times and completely overthrew the receiver each time. On one of them, they showed the replay of Evans getting free from the coverage and the announcers pointed out that JP overthrew him so bad that the ball wasn't even in the camera shot. And the deep ball is supposed to be his STRENGTH.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM

Josh catch was all on Josh. Great catch and around 15 yards after the catch. Losman arm was too strong yesterday. He overthrew the ball many times.

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
If he faked pumped it the whole way, it might of actually froze some of the defense. The Triple clutch fools nobody.

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Not to stick up for JP but there were atleast 5 drops, Lynch had 2 maybe 3 drops alone. Why was Fred Jackson on the bench yesterday?

Drops were definitely a problem- Lynch had at least 2 and Royal had a big one with space in front of him. Hardy dropped one that would have been a first down as well.

But that's no excuse for not feeling the pressure and missing the deep ball.

justasportsfan
12-08-2008, 09:52 AM
there was no doubt that Turk would call a stupid gameplan.

SpillerThrills
12-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Josh catch was all on Josh. Great catch and around 15 yards after the catch. Losman arm was too strong yesterday. He overthrew the ball many times.

yeah that was an amaizing catch by Josh.... one of the "bright spots" of the game.

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 09:53 AM

they gave up on the run WAY too early. It was mildly effective and they had a back up QB in, so they should have stuck with it. But Turk had to screw it up.

And why did they throw to Evans in the endzone instead of Hardy? I'm glad we used a 2nd round pick on a decoy.

Philagape
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah those drops dropped him from a whopping, what, 180 yards? Gee, that's all the difference in the world.

MikeInRoch
12-08-2008, 09:56 AM

Was "overthrow wide open receivers" in the game plan this week?

trapezeus
12-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Losman arm was too strong yesterday. He overthrew the ball many times.

TD, don't you know that the receivers aren't fast enough. He needs more coaching.

On the flip side of this, Eli, from the same draft class, threw the prettiest long ball to hixon yesterday only to have it dropped. it was 60 yards through the air and right on stride right on the numbers. Hard to imagine that JP came from the same round as those 3 QB's.

justasportsfan
12-08-2008, 09:57 AM
they gave up on the run WAY too early. It was mildly effective and they had a back up QB in, so they should have stuck with it. But Turk had to screw it up..
The only reason why we ran the ball well the last few games is because we played crappy defenses.

the keys to the game were run and stop the run. We ran 13 X. :coocoo: because Turk was scared of the fins DL.

And why did they throw to Evans in the endzone instead of Hardy? I'm glad we used a 2nd round pick on a decoy.

they called a play that they were PRAYING their best wr would come through and bail out the OC since he's too stupid to call the right plays at the right time.

justasportsfan
12-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Was "overthrow wide open receivers" in the game plan this week?

that wasn't the gameplan. Neither was dropping balls. But throwing to a wr in the redzone where he won't have much room to work with vs. a taller cb was the gameplan.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 10:02 AM
that wasn't the gameplan. Neither was dropping balls. But throwing to a wr in the redzone where he won't have much room to work with vs. a taller cb was the gameplan.

Don't forget to blame that INT on the ref. who called the Miami guy inbounds when it was clear he never had possesion.

justasportsfan
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Don't forget to blame that INT on the ref. who called the Miami guy inbounds when it was clear he never had possesion.
Don't be stupid. I'm blaming that on Turk. Just like I'm blaming Turk for running the ball only 13 X.

You're horrible at making predictions lately. Even trying to tell me I was gonna accuse you of saying something 2 months down the road before Eb banned me from that thread.

billogic99
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM

Just because you have all day to throw the ball doesn't mean someone is open to catch it.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
You're horrible at making predictions lately. Even trying to tell me I was gonna accuse you of saying something 2 months down the road before Eb banned me from that thread.

:lol:

justasportsfan
12-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Just because you have all day to throw the ball doesn't mean someone is open to catch it.

Its the same case whether it's Trent or JP. they both hold on to the ball too long. To think that Trent was supposedly years ahead and a very intelligent player. This just tells me our coaches don't know how to put any player in situations to succeed. Lynch isn't gonna do anything with 13 carries.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 10:17 AM

ahh yes, another excuse.

Well so far we got...

-Peters being Porter's *****
-play calling
-refs.
-drops
-deferring to the 2nd half
-no one open
-rusty
-13 rush attempts

Anymore?

Ickybaluky
12-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Justa, you are a serial OC-abuser.

You were all over Gilbride, and now he is the OC of the defending Super Bowl Champions (who have already clinched their division in defense of their title).

You were all over Mularkey, and now he is being lauded for his work rebuilding an Atlanta offense around a rookie QB and a running game, with great results.

For all your blaming the coaches and the play-calling, these guys seem to do fine when they leave.

Did you ever consider the players might be part of the problem?

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Did I see Justa trying to justify JP's performance. And than he accuses people of not making accurate predictions?

I spent all week posting that he was going to suck and that Evans would be shut down.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 10:42 AM
JP has the worst pocket presence I have ever seen. He can't read defenses, he can't find open receivers, he can't sense pressure, and he will not throw the ball away to avoid disasterous sacks.

Philagape
12-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm watching Sportscenter, and most of their Bills-Dolphins highlights was the announcers making fun of JP while showing his misfires. And one of them is a girl :ill:
Forgetting what the dimensions of a football field are must be the worst "rust" of all time.

Mr. Pink
12-08-2008, 11:36 AM

Oh you mean the exact same playcall that worked for a TD against the Chargers?

But now because JP can't throw a FADE ROUTE properly, it was a bad call right?

:rofl:

Philagape
12-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Any play that has JP Losman dropping back to pass is a bad call.

billogic99
12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Its the same case whether it's Trent or JP. they both hold on to the ball too long. To think that Trent was supposedly years ahead and a very intelligent player. This just tells me our coaches don't know how to put any player in situations to succeed. Lynch isn't gonna do anything with 13 carries.

Maybe Trent just wasn't/isn't as good as some think or hoped. Maybe Trent was mediocre in college for a reason. One thing is for sure those who thin k Trent is the future should be worried about the way he plays in cold weather. As for JP, the experiment is over, time to move on. The Bills need to either get someone in here to make Trent a better QB or find a talent evaluator who understand the pro game and can match the talent.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Maybe Trent just wasn't/isn't as good as some think or hoped. Maybe Trent was mediocre in college for a reason. One thing is for sure those who thin k Trent is the future should be worried about the way he plays in cold weather. As for JP, the experiment is over, time to move on. The Bills need to either get someone in here to make Trent a better QB or find a talent evaluator who understand the pro game and can match the talent.

Yes, great point. Losman sucks end of story. The book on Edwards is still open but we'd better bring in someone who can actually help this guy get better.

Philagape
12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Chris Berman on one of the overthrows: "That's on its way to Hamilton."

billogic99
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Yes, great point. Losman sucks end of story. The book on Edwards is still open but we'd better bring in someone who can actually help this guy get better.

The guy in Dallas OC Jason Garrett is a guy who I think could do wonders for Trent, but he won't be going anywhere,infact he may be their new HC if Wade Phillips doesn't get this thing turned around in a hurry. However Garrett is the type of guy I think could help Trent, I honestly think Trent can be a good QB and not a good backup but starter with the right kinda coaching, but his cold weather play is what really could doom his career. You have to be able to play in the cold during the playoffs and especially as a northern state QB. He might be able to squeez more out of his career as a QB in Tampa or Jacksonville, but not in NY.

Ickybaluky
12-08-2008, 01:26 PM
The guy in Dallas OC Jason Garrett is a guy who I think could do wonders for Trent, but he won't be going anywhere,infact he may be their new HC if Wade Phillips doesn't get this thing turned around in a hurry.

Garrett is the highest paid assistant coach in the NFL at almost $3M per season. Dick Jauron makes about half that.

He was paid that much because Jerry Jones loves him and doesn't want him to interview for other jobs. He will coach the Cowboys, likely next season.

I agree with you about Edwards, though. I think he is a promising young QB who should start in the NFL. Just because he is struggling a little bit, as most young QBs do, doesn't change my mind.

The question I still have on Edwards is how high his ceiling might be and whether he can step it up over the long haul. However, he is a QB you can build around, IMO. I think the Bills have bigger issues to deal with and should just develop him as their solution at QB.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Garrett is the highest paid assistant coach in the NFL at almost $3M per season. Dick Jauron makes about half that.

He was paid that much because Jerry Jones loves him and doesn't want him to interview for other jobs. He will coach the Cowboys, likely next season.

I agree with you about Edwards, though. I think he is a promising young QB who should start in the NFL. Just because he is struggling a little bit, as most young QBs do, doesn't change my mind.

The question I still have on Edwards is how high his ceiling might be and whether he can step it up over the long haul. However, he is a QB you can build around, IMO. I think the Bills have bigger issues to deal with and should just develop him as their solution at QB.

Yep 100% agree on all counts.

MikeInRoch
12-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Oh you mean the exact same playcall that worked for a TD against the Chargers?

But now because JP can't throw a FADE ROUTE properly, it was a bad call right?

Well, given that he has NEVER been able to throw a fade route, the OC maybe should avoid calling it...

Mad Bomber
12-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Chris Berman on one of the overthrows: "That's on its way to Hamilton."

billogic99
12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
ahh yes, another excuse.

Well so far we got...

-Peters being Porter's *****
-play calling
-refs.
-drops
-deferring to the 2nd half
-no one open
-rusty
-13 rush attempts

Anymore?

It's not an excuse and I wasn't making one. I was pointing out there are three parts to a completion, 1) Time to throw the ball 2) An open WR or pass catcher, 3) Catching the pass.

Now any one of the three could be skewed a bit and still complete the pass. Heckall three pahses could be skewed and still complete the pass, like pressure on the QB, tight coverage on the WR or pass catcher and tipped passes. But the bottom line, without all three aspects you're not going to complete a pass.

billogic99
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Yeah I agree, the two biggest problems I see for the Bills are both trenches and the defensive shceme. They need talent on both lines and they need to forget the Cover 2, plain and simple.

HHURRICANE
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, given that he has NEVER been able to throw a fade route, the OC maybe should avoid calling it...

This is really funny. I was thinking the same thing. Seems like our coaching staff hasn't intorduced themselves to our roster yet.

FinFaninBuffalo
12-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Seriously, Peters made Joey Porter his ***** all day except for that one play.

You've got to be joking....

Joey Porter had 2 sacks. Charlie Anderson blew by Peters for a sack and forced fumble (which Peters recovered since he was standing and watching). The Bills had 137 yards passing and 31 yards rushing by Lynch. Nobody on the Bills made anybody on the Fins anything.

FinFaninBuffalo
12-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah I agree, the two biggest problems I see for the Bills are both trenches and the defensive shceme. They need talent on both lines and they need to forget the Cover 2, plain and simple.

They do not have the players to effectively play the cover 2. They cannot generate a pass rush with their front 4. That coaching staff is clueless.