PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Jauron use the time outs?

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 10:08 AM
This was the epitome of Jauron's gutlessness.

At the end of the first half, the Dolphins had the ball at the 2 min warning. For once, the Bills ACTUALLY STILL HAD ALL 3 TIME OUTS. I've been extremely agitated by the way Jauron has burned timeouts during his entire tenure here, and he's been even worse than usual going back to the Cleveland game. So I was thrilled that we still had all of them left.

But, Jauron didn't use his timeouts on D and allowed Miami to kill most of the clock before they scored. Miami still had at least 2 timeouts as well, so they weren't in any rush and it's not like he would have been doing them a favor by stopping it.

Then, when the Bills finally got the ball back, there were 21 seconds left, and they still had 3 time outs. That's easily enough time for 2-3 shots down the field to try to set up a FG. Even if they turned the ball over, Miami only had one timeout and would have basically only had one shot to set up a FG.

For once, Jauron managed to keep all his timeouts until late in the half, but then he did NOTHING with them. Completely gutless.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Pat beat you to it.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=166566

billsfanone
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
He's not a career loser for nothing.

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
and for the record- he's not getting fired this week. If he was, they would have done it first thing this morning and we'd know by now.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 10:14 AM
He's the worst game manager in the NFL. He either burns his timeouts early because of indecision, or takes all of them into the lockerroom because of gutlessness.

trapezeus
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
also, from RW's comments, it seems like he thinks that the talent level isnt' there. i think he really thinks the coaches are handcuffed. which is really too bad. i think the players are getting the short end of the stick.

this is like watching the GM workers getting blamed for the piss poor cars they make. it's the suits who decide these things.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 10:23 AM
also, from RW's comments, it seems like he thinks that the talent level isnt' there. i think he really thinks the coaches are handcuffed. which is really too bad. i think the players are getting the short end of the stick.

this is like watching the GM workers getting blamed for the piss poor cars they make. it's the suits who decide these things.
Has Ralph ever heard of "the buck stops here?" Jesus, who is ultimately responsible for having a marketing guy as GM, and a nonentity as coach? Not to mention being several $million under the salary cap.

Take a good look in the mirror, you old fart.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
He's the worst game manager in the NFL. He either burns his timeouts early because of indecision, or takes all of them into the lockerroom because of gutlessness.

Or calls a terrible challenge.

madness
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM

2nd worst. Herm Edwards already won that award.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
2nd worst. Herm Edwards already won that award.
OK. Jauron can't be the worst at everything.

madness
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
OK. Jauron can't be the worst at everything.

:rofl: Very true.