PDA

View Full Version : Edwards original concussion was misdiagnosed by the team

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Edwards came back too fast from his original concussion and took another shot that made his symptoms came back as worse as the original hit. Loss of memory, blurred vision and constant headaches have been ongoing and he could not play through it.

I just wanted to thank the medical staff of the Bills for F-in up the season and getting Trent on the field too early. Bulging disks and concussions are obviously not a concern to our medical staff, fire them instantly should be the call in my opinion.

Source: Hidden for future retribution but you heard it here first, so don't try to make it your own story several months from now.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Well as crappy as that is I feel a little better about TE for the future.

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
future retribution or future attribution?

billsfanone
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I still TRUST TRENT!

justasportsfan
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
the only one who had a concussion and yet put him back into action too early was Turk.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Edwards came back too fast from his original concussion and took another shot that made his symptoms came back as worse as the original hit. Loss of memory, blurred vision and constant headaches have been ongoing and he could not play through it.

I just wanted to thank the medical staff of the Bills for F-in up the season and getting Trent on the field too early. Bulging disks and concussions are obviously not a concern to our medical staff, fire them instantly should be the call in my opinion.

Source: Hidden for future retribution but you heard it here first, so don't try to make it your own story several months from now.

Skooby you can't get a concussion in your second head. That's why they call it a groin injury.

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Skooby you can't get a concussion in your second head. That's why they call it a groin injury.

Nice cover excuse, can't really treat or verify a groin or back injury but you can tank the rest of this season and prepare for next year with those excuses.

Expect to draft high next year, Dick stays and so does almost the whole coaching staff as well but that's for another post. RW is just sick about it as well but he really wanted them to do well this year. They even used Brady as a example of how a team can lose so many after doing so well with good health, which I think holds some water.

Anyways, thanks for the great QB rating and a flash of what's to come based on good health.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Nice cover excuse, can't really treat or verify a groin or back injury but you can tank the rest of this season and prepare for next year with those excuses.

Expect to draft high next year, Dick stays and so does almost the whole coaching staff as well but that's for another post. RW is just sick about it as well but he really wanted them to do well this year. They even used Brady as a example of how a team can lose so many after doing so well with good health, which I think holds some water.

Anyways, thanks for the great QB rating and a flash of what's to come based on good health.

You realize that was a joke?

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Skooby you aren't breaking news dude people have been saying that about him for weeks now...

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Skooby you aren't breaking news dude people have been saying that about him for weeks now...

Well I don't know what to believe because it hasn't been reported anywhere so it's all speculation. I have talked to my doctor friends and they thought it was pretty quick to be coming back.

Jeff1220
12-08-2008, 10:45 AM
If true, this explains a lot about Trent's collapse. I'd like to see it verified though.

Forward_Lateral
12-08-2008, 10:57 AM
The coaches will never admit to this. Ever.

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
If true, this explains a lot about Trent's collapse. I'd like to see it verified though.

We'll just get the doctor to write a "I'm sorry" note to his malpractice insurance, not a problem.

As per other people mentioning this as a potential scenario, that's great. Trent was still trying to play through it then. He will most likely not see the field again until rookie camp next year.

yordad
12-08-2008, 11:12 AM
So Skoobs, now you are your own source?

TheBrownBear
12-08-2008, 11:15 AM
The hit must have occurred either near the end of the San Diego game or sometime in the first half of the Miami game. IIRC, Edwards was a little shaky in the first half of the Miami game, but we still had a 16-7 lead in the third quarter. Then he came out after Miami scored, and he wasn't close to the same guy he was, and he hasn't been since.

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM

During his absence, he made a lot of money and developed multiple personality disorder, so now he's his own rich friend.

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 11:23 AM
he made a lot of money and developed multiple personality disorder

Your first half is right.

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 11:24 AM
The hit must have occurred either near the end of the San Diego game or sometime in the first half of the Miami game. IIRC, Edwards was a little shaky in the first half of the Miami game, but we still had a 16-7 lead in the third quarter. Then he came out after Miami scored, and he wasn't close to the same guy he was, and he hasn't been since.

Just follow when he started to fail all of a sudden, it speaks volumes.

madness
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Understandably you can't name the source but can you or the source tell us when that second hit happened?

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 11:32 AM

I never offered a source nor will I ever. I expect 10 PM's asking me who it was but I will never say. Why don't you see when my big changes coming thread was written and when you heard about Rogers actually croaking. I was only about 12 hours earlier than any other source.

Who I know and what they say does nothing but potentially jeopardize the source to start with, so take it as a gift and nothing else. I also have multiple people as well, so why one source is not as direct and I mention it's a rumor that's one deal. When I start it with that "rumor" versus this one which is not a rumor, it's really direct.

Chimpanze
12-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I never offered a source nor will I ever. I expect 10 PM's asking me who it was but I will never say. Why don't you see when my big changes coming thread was written and when you heard about Rogers actually croaking. I was only about 12 hours earlier than any other source.

Who I know and what they say does nothing but potentially jeopardize the source to start with, so take it as a gift and nothing else. I also have multiple people as well, so why one source is not as direct and I mention it's a rumor that's one deal. When I start it with that "rumor" versus this one which is not a rumor, it's really direct.

GOD is that you!

Thanks for giving us the scoop skoob!

seriously, i come on here just to find things out a few precious minutes before the media releases it!

Seriously, who cares if you got sources.

:D:

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
GOD is that you!

Thanks for giving us the scoop skoob!

seriously, i come on here just to find things out a few precious minutes before the media releases it!

Seriously, who cares if you got sources.

:D:

Great way to look at it, I hope the no BS story without cover eases people's mind a bit.

Chimpanze
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Listen, you probably do have a close friend somewhere who is in the system. Congrats.

Post your knowledge, no need to say who is your source but at the same time STAY HUMBLE and get off the high horse!

Its human nature. IF you dont tell your source people will discredit the thread.

However, I agree with you and always thought that Edwards looked bad ever since the CONCUSSION and BECAUSE OF THIS CONCUSSION!

trapezeus
12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Skoobs, thanks for the info. It is confusing though with how you posted it. Someone from inside has said that Edwards was misdiagnosed. i don't really need the name or source, but it raises a lot of questions. Does edwards knows he was misdiagnosed?

And how frustrating is this that potential buffalo allstarts get taken out by concussions. Connolly and Edwards. Two guys who are suppose to save us, but can't stay out on the ice/field long enough to live up.

And Skoobs, can you tell us if the inside source knows if the coaching situation is going to change? That would be highly useful.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Skoobs, thanks for the info. It is confusing though with how you posted it. Someone from inside has said that Edwards was misdiagnosed. i don't really need the name or source, but it raises a lot of questions. Does edwards knows he was misdiagnosed?

And how frustrating is this that potential buffalo allstarts get taken out by concussions. Connolly and Edwards. Two guys who are suppose to save us, but can't stay out on the ice/field long enough to live up.

And Skoobs, can you tell us if the inside source knows if the coaching situation is going to change? That would be highly useful.

Before you start jumping to what Skooby says, he and his "rich friend" have been around for a long time with extremely mixed results...Just a precaution before you completely buy what he is selling.

DMBcrew36
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM

Make it our own story? Dude, it's practically obvious that this is what probably happened. You don't need a special rich friend to figure it out.

You look at the NHL and how serious they take concussions and then look at the NFL and see how they don't take them seriously at all. It is up to the coaches and staff to say, "Listen, we're holding you out as a precaution. You're not playing." But in the NFL, players are expected to play, whether they are ready or not.

Example: Look at Chad Johnson when he got knocked out TWICE against Buffalo. His team kept him in the game after the first hit, when it was quite clear he probably received a concussion. He winds on stretcher after getting hit again and doesn't know where he is or what is going on after the game.

Guys play in the NFL with concussions all the time, even when they shouldn't be. It's wreckless, and it gets to the point of endangering the player.

It's not a secret.

trapezeus
12-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Before you start jumping to what Skooby says, he and his "rich friend" have been around for a long time with extremely mixed results...Just a precaution before you completely buy what he is selling.

thanks. i'm aware that they are mixed results. but let's be honest. whether its mixed results or not, edwards situation makes sense. and if he has actual inside source, i'm just very curious if edwards knows that he was misdiagnosed.

And i'm being greedy on the coaching info. if he's got something to speculate on, i'm all for it.

JJamezz
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I wasn't going to bring this up again, but since Skooby did, I did get some confirmation recently from within OBD along these lines.. Not about a second hit, but speculation that Trent was likely back on the field while he was still experiencing symptoms and/or that new ones appeared after he came back - due to another hit, or just the nature of the injury (new symptoms can appear weeks or even months later), I don't know.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I wasn't going to bring this up again, but since Skooby did, I did get some confirmation recently from within OBD along these lines.. Not about a second hit, but speculation that Trent was likely back on the field while he was still experiencing symptoms and/or that new ones appeared after he came back - due to another hit, or just the nature of the injury (new symptoms can appear weeks or even months later), I don't know.

This is the same medical staff that couldn't figure out that Crowell needed his knee cleaned out in the off-season?

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I think I came back too early from my concussion because at one point we were first in our division and 5-1.

JD
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I totally buy this story. He was just not the same after SD.. I assume the hit came during SD? I know he'll tear it up next season.

Did I just really say next season? Wow.. how far we've come... :sadwalk:

madness
12-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Trent should borrow mybills super human healing powers.

JD
12-08-2008, 01:43 PM
The disclaimer to super human healing powers is a portal to hell will open up in your neighbors basement

madness
12-08-2008, 01:46 PM
The disclaimer to super human healing powers is a portal to hell will open up in your neighbors basement

Leave Dick Jauron out of this. :D

Ebenezer
12-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Do we have a link to the premise of the thread? If not :spam: here we come.

Mike13
12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Its kind of obvious when you think about it, he hasnt been playing the same since he got a concussion.

It is amazing how the NFL treats concussions like their nothing though, I guess they forgot all about Ted Johnson.

Michael82
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I was saying this all year. After the SD game, Edwards appeared to be a different quarterback. You can blame the concussion or you can blame the fact that the AFC East had lots of gamefilm on him. Either way, something is up and hopefully he comes back next year healthy and ready to kick ass!

JD
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I was saying this all year. After the SD game, Edwards appeared to be a different quarterback. You can blame the concussion or you can blame the fact that the AFC East had lots of gamefilm on him. Either way, something is up and hopefully he comes back next year healthy and ready to kick ass with a new head coach and an experienced offensive coordinator!

:rockon:

Michael82
12-08-2008, 03:04 PM
:rockon:
Much better! Now...is there any chance I can convince you to change your avatar? That one was funny the 1st time, but now it just annoys the hell out of me and isn't true. :mad:

RockStar36
12-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Yay. Wait for next year. And the trend continues!

mybills
12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
If I had that, I'd make my aching back feel better right now.

mybills
12-08-2008, 03:12 PM
btw, is this the same medical staff that prevented Kevin Everett from being confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life?

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 03:18 PM

I just thought that people here deserved to know this, that's all. It makes you wonder how a guy with a 100 QB rating completely falls apart mid season but this totally explains it to me. I guess all the muscle in the world to protect his body, couldn't protect his head. It's a absolute shame that the injury bug once again took away our season, just not in multiple player form.

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM
btw, is this the same medical staff that prevented Kevin Everett from being confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life?

It's the same staff that sent a player away on a trade that got voided for a bulging disc and then fielded him the next game as a starter upon his return. It seems safe for him to play on our team I guess, put him on the field and if he gets hurt oh well. Can you imagine the lawsuits if the disc exploded after hearing about the problem from another medical staff?? Would you say that's probably ~5 lawsuits that the Bills would lose without debate??

Michael82
12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
It's a absolute shame that the injury bug once again took away our season, just not in multiple player form.
not in multiple player form? Umm....

QB Trent Edwards (out for quite a few games with concussion and then a "groin" injury)
DE Aaron Schobel (basically missed the whole season)
LB Angelo Crowell (if it wasn't for his knee injury, he never would have been put on IR)
WR Josh Reed (missed 3 games and was definitely a factor in the losing streak)
G Brad Butler (missed 3 games and his replacements did a terrible job protecting the QB)
CB Ashton Youboty (played really well and was looking like a solid CB, then knocked out after only 5 games)
CB Terrence McGee (missed only 2 games, but came back too early and got owned by Ted Ginn, which cost us the game)
CB Jabari Greer (missed 3 games and counting and he was our best cover corner)
SS Donte Whitner (missed 3 and 1/2 games and it showed. He's our leader on defense and the defense looked bad when he was gone).

JD
12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Much better! Now...is there any chance I can convince you to change your avatar? That one was funny the 1st time, but now it just annoys the hell out of me and isn't true. :mad:

Maybe if you make (or find) me a good picture of Trent :up:

DBrown77
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't understand why you cant disclose when this alleged injury came back, but you can tell us it happened. I think i call Bull on this one.

On a second note, will Trent ever play a whole season or will he always be injury prone?

JD
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM

QB Trent Edwards (out for quite a few games with concussion and then a "groin" injury)
LB Angelo Crowell (if it wasn't for his knee injury, he never would have been put on IR)
G Brad Butler (missed 3 games and his replacements did a terrible job protecting the QB)
CB Ashton Youboty (played really well and was looking like a solid CB, then knocked out after only 5 games)
CB Terrence McGee (missed only 2 games, but came back too early and got owned by Ted Ginn, which cost us the game)
SS Donte Whitner (missed 3 and 1/2 games and it showed. He's our leader on defense and the defense looked bad when he was gone).

pppsssttt... (this team still sucks)

JD
12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't understand why you cant disclose when this alleged injury came back, but you can tell us it happened. I think i call Bull on this one.

On a second note, will Trent ever play a whole season or will he always be injury prone?
Only time will tell young grass hoppa :miyagi:

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM

All I can say is, it's best not to call a QB sneak after a concussion with 2 solid people in the backfield that can run the ball in a short yardage situation.

It was a huge mistake and gave a divisional opponent a clear shot at hurting Trent, huge F-up by our OC. I actually think it should cost him his job but it won't.

Michael82
12-09-2008, 01:35 AM
If you are talking about the Kansas City game then I don't believe it. He looked bad before he dived into the end zone like that.

LtFinFan66
12-09-2008, 01:46 AM
All I can say is, it's best not to call a QB sneak after a concussion with 2 solid people in the backfield that can run the ball in a short yardage situation.

It was a huge mistake and gave a divisional opponent a clear shot at hurting Trent, huge F-up by our OC. I actually think it should cost him his job but it won't.Sounds like the QB sneak in the 1st Fins game where he got stripped of the ball:idunno:

Michael82
12-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Sounds like the QB sneak in the 1st Fins game where he got stripped of the ball:idunno:
hmmm, good call! He did get hit pretty hard on that time.

Jan Reimers
12-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm beginning to think Edward's talent level was misdiagnosed.

HHURRICANE
12-09-2008, 08:36 AM

This is another great post. This team has no depth so if guys get hurt we are screwed.

Yobouty was playing great but this guy can't stay on the field.

Reed, Whitner and Butler definately contributed to our slide. Good post.

mybills
12-09-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm beginning to think Edward's talent level was misdiagnosed.
:roflmao:

Chimpanze
12-09-2008, 08:39 AM
The thing weird about Edwards is how Great he looked against KC.

Especially during those running touchdowns.

Maybe it happened right before the half when he scrambled for the TD.

Who knows, in all reality,,, WHO CARES.

He is not playing, the Bills are out of the playoffs and JP is at the HELM....

CANT WAIT FOR 2009 Season!

Mitchy moo
12-09-2008, 08:41 AM
hmmm, good call! He did get hit pretty hard on that time.

Worst call of the year, bar none. You have a franchise QB coming off a concussion several weeks earlier and ask him to put his head on the line. I will never understand why we did that with 2 guys that can pound the ball & drive for the yard we needed.

Michael82
12-09-2008, 08:42 AM
This is another great post. This team has no depth so if guys get hurt we are screwed.

Yobouty was playing great but this guy can't stay on the field.

Reed, Whitner and Butler definately contributed to our slide. Good post.
Thanks! When he said that it was not a multiple player injury bug, I just HAD to chime in. I'm sorry, but this injury bug has been affecting this team badly ever single Mularkey got rid of a great Strength and Conditioning coach and I hate him to death for that.

Jan Reimers
12-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks! When he said that it was not a multiple player injury bug, I just HAD to chime in. I'm sorry, but this injury bug has been affecting this team badly ever single Mularkey got rid of a great Strength and Conditioning coach and I hate him to death for that.
Mikey, I usually agree with you, but I think very few of our injuries over the past few years are strength and conditioning related, but I agree that a few might be, and that Rusty Jones is probably the best at his job in the entire league.

We would certainly be better with him.

Michael82
12-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Maybe if you make (or find) me a good picture of Trent :up:
Here ya go.... :up:

http://usera.ImageCave.com/Mikey82/TrentEdwards.jpg

billogic99
12-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Sorry, I ain't buyin it. I looked at this hit over and over.
Here's the hit in slow mo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53fHB-13Vpc

Now after watching the hit there are two reasons I don't think this hit was as bad as some think. And this is just my opinion....

1) His head and shoulder hit the ground at the same time, meaning his body was slowing down and his body helped absorb the impact, it wasn't like his head was the last thing to hit the gound and all momentum suddenly ended as his head was the last thing to hit the gound. Severe concussions happen with something contacting the head at a high rate of speed, the ground, a Knee or elboy hitting a head with high vilocity or the head alone hitting the ground.

2) It's on a soft filed, it wasn't turf or the old astro turf or frozen ground. It was a natural grass field probably the nicest filed in the NFL. It's never frozen and is probably the best kept filed in the NFL.

Now of course I'm no expert, but it just doesn't look to be nearly as bad as some of the hits we've seen. Hits where the guy's head is hit hard by another helmet than bounces off the ground. Basically being hit twice in a matter of seconds.

Again this is just my opinion, but Trents head does not "bounce" as it hits the ground giving some indication that between the padding in the helmet, the shoulder pads and the thick soft grass field, most of the hit was absorbed not by his head, but the grass and helmet and shoulder pads. His head wasn't driven into the ground by the defenders body as he was off to the side of Trent not directly on top of Trent.

Again to make this clear I'm not an expert, but I have seen the type of hit that usually cause the worst concussions and Trent's hit on the play was rather mild when you look at some other hits. This doesn't mean he didn't get a concussion, but that it wasn't a as bad as it could have been or that we've seen before.

Now as for this second hit, does anyone have a video clip of it? I can't remember him being hit a second time. Maybe I just missed the report on that. Was it when he got the groin injury? Was it that game?? I can't remember anyone talking about a second hit. With concussions a mild hit can be as bad as a hrad hit especially when it's "stacked". Anyone know?

Michael82
12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Mikey, I usually agree with you, but I think very few of our injuries over the past few years are strength and conditioning related, but I agree that a few might be, and that Rusty Jones is probably the best at his job in the entire league.

maybe it's because of our system. Afterall, we do count on small and quick guys. That's the problem....small guys get hurt a lot easier. :ill:

billsfanone
12-09-2008, 10:08 AM

Now after watching the hit there are two reasons I don't think this hit was as bad as some think. And this is just my opinion....

1) His head and shoulder hit the ground at the same time, meaning his body was slowing down and his body helped absorb the impact, it wasn't like his head was the last thing to hit the gound and all momentum suddenly ended as his head was the last thing to hit the gound. Severe concussions happen with something contacting the head at a high rate of speed, the ground, a Knee or elboy hitting a head with high vilocity or the head alone hitting the ground.

2) It's on a soft filed, it wasn't turf or the old astro turf or frozen ground. It was a natural grass field probably the nicest filed in the NFL. It's never frozen and is probably the best kept filed in the NFL.

Now of course I'm no expert, but it just doesn't look to be nearly as bad as some of the hits we've seen. Hits where the guy's head is hit hard by another helmet than bounces off the ground. Basically being hit twice in a matter of seconds.

Again this is just my opinion, but Trents head does not "bounce" as it hits the ground giving some indication that between the padding in the helmet, the shoulder pads and the thick soft grass field, most of the hit was absorbed not by his head, but the grass and helmet and shoulder pads. His head wasn't driven into the ground by the defenders body as he was off to the side of Trent not directly on top of Trent.

Again to make this clear I'm not an expert, but I have seen the type of hit that usually cause the worst concussions and Trent's hit on the play was rather mild when you look at some other hits. This doesn't mean he didn't get a concussion, but that it wasn't a as bad as it could have been or that we've seen before.

Now as for this second hit, does anyone have a video clip of it? I can't remember him being hit a second time. Maybe I just missed the report on that. Was it when he got the groin injury? Was it that game?? I can't remember anyone talking about a second hit. With concussions a mild hit can be as bad as a hrad hit especially when it's "stacked". Anyone know?

The hit is usually not as bad as the head hitting the ground. Look at the vid again. You'll see him land on his shoulder, then his head snaps and hits the ground. I wouldn't know this if it wasn't from experinece. It used to happen to me a lot when I used to play.

Historian
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM

This team has not been the same physically since they squeezed Rusty Jones out.

This team has not been the same talent-wise since they squeezed Dwight Addams out.

This team has not been the same toughness-wise since they built that stupid barn to practice in.

Donahoe FUBARed this team.

He basically tried to reinvent it in his image. That's fine if you've been a losing team for a decade. (like we are now)

But we we had been successful for 14 years in a row!

He didn't need to reinvent the wheel here.

Mad Bomber
12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
This team has not been the same physically since they squeezed Rusty Jones out.

This team has not been the same talent-wise since they squeezed Dwight Addams out.

This team has not been the same toughness-wise since they built that stupid barn to practice in.

He basically tried to reinvent it in his image. That's fine if you've been a losing team for a decade. (like we are now)

But we we had been successful for 14 years in a row!

He didn't need to reinvent the wheel here.
:bf1:

raphael120
12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
He did fine in the San Diego game...the game RIGHT after the concussion. Maybe he just stinks. Ever consider that?

raphael120
12-09-2008, 10:44 AM

Really?! When are we going to get off Donahoe's back. WE ARE 3 YEARS REMOVED FROM THIS ****!

RALPH WILSON FUBAR'D THIS TEAM!

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK ****ING SKULLS PEOPLE!

Historian
12-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I will not dispute that, as I have been tortured by Ralph's moves for 41 seasons.

However, the root cause of this specific 10 year skid is Tom Donahoe. It can't be denied. Bad decisions by him have had a snowball effect that we are still paying for today.

mybills
12-11-2008, 08:50 AM

1) His head and shoulder hit the ground at the same time, meaning his body was slowing down and his body helped absorb the impact, it wasn't like his head was the last thing to hit the ground and all momentum suddenly ended as his head was the last thing to hit the ground. Severe concussions happen with something contacting the head at a high rate of speed, the ground, a Knee or elbow hitting a head with high velocity or the head alone hitting the ground.

2) It's on a soft field, it wasn't turf or the old astro turf or frozen ground.

:bf1:
I hit cement and there's no way I could've played the SD game that good, that soon.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Think this is a suprise?? Edwards will probably not see the field for the rest of the year.

Trent Edwards did not practice for a third straight day and has been listed as doubtful by head coach Dick Jauron.
“I would say the chances are not good,” said Jauron. “He hasn’t taken a snap and didn’t participate in practices this week.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/12/edwards-doubtful-for-sunday/ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/12/edwards-doubtful-for-sunday/)

yordad
12-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Think this is a suprise?? Edwards will probably not see the field for the rest of the year.

Trent Edwards did not practice for a third straight day and has been listed as doubtful by head coach Dick Jauron.
“I would say the chances are not good,” said Jauron. “He hasn’t taken a snap and didn’t participate in practices this week.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/12/edwards-doubtful-for-sunday/ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/12/edwards-doubtful-for-sunday/)Skoobs... are you trying to say his groin injury is really a mystery concussion? Why? Why wouldn't they just say it was a concussion?

:wtf:

mybills
12-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Skoobs... are you trying to say his groin injury is really a mystery concussion?
:rofl: Wrong head!

Mitchy moo
12-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Skoobs... are you trying to say his groin injury is really a mystery concussion? Why? Why wouldn't they just say it was a concussion?

:wtf:

I can't go into details but like I said, Trent is probably not playing the rest of this year.

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2008, 07:33 AM

Skooby, I said this after Trent's first game back. Actually, I think numerous people said this after Trent's first game back. I'm pretty sure that it was in the back of everybody's minds.

Typ0
12-13-2008, 08:00 AM
I think our medical staff is tops in the entire world. I'm not worried they misdiagnosed anything nor do I think there is any huge cover ups. Ohh the drama. You people probably don't think we landed on the moon either.

acehole
12-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I think our medical staff is tops in the entire world. I'm not worried they misdiagnosed anything nor do I think there is any huge cover ups. Ohh the drama. You people probably don't think we landed on the moon either.

We did fake it once as a wag the dog. However we did go.

Typ0
12-13-2008, 08:21 AM
We did fake it once as a wag the dog. However we did go.

yeah that's right...the apollo 11 astronauts were really sipping martini's on a sound stage...

yordad
12-13-2008, 09:02 AM
I can't go into details but like I said, Trent is probably not playing the rest of this year.I heard Billy the Buffalo was probably going to continue being blue til years end too. And, I have a secret source who say Schobel might need surgury.

Which is it skoobs... are you trying to bring us news, are you trying to show you have sources, are you trying to be helpful? Because these statements are so general, and so not detailed that you aren't doing any of that.

What is your objective?

yordad
12-13-2008, 09:03 AM
I think our medical staff is tops in the entire world. I'm not worried they misdiagnosed anything nor do I think there is any huge cover ups. Ohh the drama. You people probably don't think we landed on the moon either.I think us not landing on the moon is way more likely then the Bills covering up a secret 6 week old concussion.

yeah that's right...the apollo 11 astronauts were really sipping martini's on a sound stage...Did you see any of the evidence, or did you just hear the theory and say "That's ******ed"? Because when I heard the theory I said "That's ******ed", then I read some evidence.

I wouldn't be surprised. Quite interesting.

Goobylal
12-13-2008, 10:28 AM
So the "big changes coming" was in reference to Ted Rogers' death? Besides a "change" in Rogers' living status, what other "change" was there or will be?

As for the alleged 2nd concussion on the QB sneak against Miami, Trent didn't lay on the ground for several minutes like he did against the Cards, so I don't know if I buy that one. And if it was misdiagnosed, that's only because Trent never let-on about it. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that symptoms like loss of memory, blurred vision and constant headaches come from a concussion.

But as it stands, Trent is injury-prone, and that's not a good thing. I believe he's got a groin injury, because lying about it would bring severe penalties from the NFL. And on top of that, he's now more prone to getting concussions easier.

What may truly be happening is that teams have game film on Trent and know how to defense him. Take away the short stuff and ignore the long ball.

I hope I'm wrong and that he comes back better than ever next year, but even still, his injury-proneness will always be a concern. The Bills need to add another QB to compete with him, over the off-season.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2008, 11:47 AM
I heard Billy the Buffalo was probably going to continue being blue til years end too. And, I have a secret source who say Schobel might need surgury.

Which is it skoobs... are you trying to bring us news, are you trying to show you have sources, are you trying to be helpful? Because these statements are so general, and so not detailed that you aren't doing any of that.

What is your objective?

No real objective, I just thought you guys should know. I report it early and then you read about later and know the truth behind the stories. Getting the inside scoop at BZ is what makes this a great place and knowing what's behind the story that you read in the paper makes it that much more interesting.