PDA

View Full Version : Our Problems Aren't All Defense

mchurchfie
12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
I know Lindy has been harping about taking care of your own end for the last few months but one thing that has stood out lately with this team is that they can't maintain puck control for very long in the opponent's end. A good defense is a good offense sometimes and we are spending waaay too much time in our own end. I'm tired of seeing two of our players go in on a forecheck and then the defensiveman takes the puck away from both of them like they are little kids. These guys are terrible along the boards and have no flow at all a lot of times. I think that maybe some of it has to do with Lindy shuffling the lines around every other game and then some it is lack of skills and too soft.

rbochan
12-08-2008, 12:32 PM
The problems with the team start at the FO and go all the way down to the chick who runs to the store 5 minutes before game time to get more skate laces.

Ebenezer
12-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Score more goals.....

RockStar36
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
They really need to stop turning the puck over. I swear they just go into the zone and let the other team come back out with it. They are extremely sloppy at times.

mchurchfie
12-08-2008, 01:51 PM
They really need to stop turning the puck over. I swear they just go into the zone and let the other team come back out with it. They are extremely sloppy at times.
Exactly, no puck protection at all. They need to put the other team on the defensive instead coughing it up and letting them live in our zone 3/4 of the night.

mchurchfie
12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Score more goals.....
Hard to score when you are in your own end all night. Kotalik might have a hard enough shot to do it though.

SkateZilla
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
problem is transition, possession, and situational awareness

mchurchfie
12-08-2008, 03:22 PM
We used to have one of the most dangerous transition games in the League.:ill:

JD
12-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Listen to Skate.

He should know, he videotapes himself doing sweet moves on rollerblades do0d!