PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs the 3-4

patmoran2006
12-08-2008, 10:50 AM
The Bills are 1-6 against teams playing the 3-4 defense this year. They beat <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">San Diego</st1:City>, and we’ve lost to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> (twice), Jets, Patriots, Browns and 49ers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Way to figure out that 3-4 scheme, Turk and Richard.<o:p></o:p>

billsfanone
12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Is it the 3-4 or the quality of opponent? Or both?

Mad Bomber
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
San Francisco is not what I would call a shut down defense. They allow 25+ ppg, and we put up 3 against them. AT HOME.

mchurchfie
12-08-2008, 11:30 AM
What is up with our receiver's coach that he can't get these guys better at getting open? Who calls the pass patterns?

billsfanone
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
What is up with our receiver's coach that he can't get these guys better at getting open? Who calls the pass patterns?

I forget who said it last week.

It's not the recievers getting wide open. It's the QB anticipating the recivers getting open and hitting them when they are.

yordad
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
It's the 3-4. I have heard players quote as saying they hated playing against it.

madness
12-08-2008, 11:46 AM
San Francisco is not what I would call a shut down defense. They allow 25+ ppg, and we put up 3 against them. AT HOME.

SF deserves a lot more credit then that stat. They aren't the same team they started out as.

trapezeus
12-08-2008, 12:22 PM
i think it's the system. you really need a QB who can anticipate that extra guy in the secondary. the LB is in coverage or he's blitzing. you need to be able to account for that. so in the end you need to have the QB be able to trust his receivers and make sure they are in the right spot at the right time.

in the 4-3, you see the base defense clearly and know that 3 guys are staying coverage.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 12:46 PM
the system is a problem because it has been too complicated for our QBs to execute. JP we know is a mental midget so he won't ever be able to do it...TE maybe he will grow into it and be more effective.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 12:53 PM

I obviously don't have inside knowlege of how our system works...but I'm really starting to believe it's the QB whose calling the routes and the plays for that matter. I think what the coaches are doing is sending in personel and then they have a series of plays the QB can use with those personel. That's why AVP is relaying the plays to the field. He's part of the checks and balances that make sure the correct personel are on the field. The personel is based on down & distance & run or pass and the selections are based on statistically what has been most successful in the situation at hand. They crunch these things and make suggestions as to what specific play might be ran but there are several plays associated with the personel package that was sent onto the field...it's the QBs responsibility to pick the right selection at the LOS based on what the defense shows and that's where our guys aren't getting it done.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Can't wait for the Jets 3-4 defense this week!!!!

:ill:

MDFINFAN
12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Can't wait for the Jets 3-4 defense this week!!!!

:ill:

Well, I for one, will be rooting for you to win against it this week, you've had a week of us to prepare for it, so you now have 2 weeks of the 3/4 to be ready, go bills..:rockon: