PDA

View Full Version : Updated FA lists for 2009

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Still a few errors on here (notable WR Byant Johnson formerly of Arizona) but overall its a very good list.

So in the spirit of Christmas give me your 2009 NFL Free Agent Wish Lists!

Offense: http://draftdaddy.com/features/nflfreeagents_offense.htm
Defense: http://draftdaddy.com/features/nflfreeagents_defense.htm

Jeff1220
12-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Realistic choices:
FB - L. Neal (getting old, but everywhere he goes has a top notch running game - no coincidence there)
WR - J Gaffney (should come cheap/Vet. experience/Been inside the NE machine)
C - Jeff Saturday (a proven dominant center)

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
So basically nothing because we'll never sign Saturday.

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Still a few errors on here (notable WR Byant Johnson formerly of Arizona) but overall its a very good list.

So in the spirit of Christmas give me your 2009 NFL Free Agent Wish Lists!

Offense: http://draftdaddy.com/features/nflfreeagents_offense.htm
Defense: http://draftdaddy.com/features/nflfreeagents_defense.htm
http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/uploaded_images/carnac-756908.jpg

"A list of guys who will never be Buffalo Bills"

mchurchfie
12-08-2008, 11:28 AM
No one worth their salt is going to want to sign with this trainwreck of a team.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 11:32 AM
I'd be happy if the Bills just went out and signed Peppers and Suggs.

Cut kelsay, Denney, and Schobel and that would help pay for those 2. And then draft the top DE on the board with their first round pick.

BillsWin
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Saturday. resign Preston for his backup.

resign Greer.

Terrel Suggs or Peppers

The Jokeman
12-08-2008, 11:38 AM
We could have had him on the cheap this offseason but give Antonio Bryant some consideration to give us a WR with size that could start ahead of Josh Reed.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
So basically nothing because we'll never sign Saturday.

No one worth their salt is going to want to sign with this trainwreck of a team.

Come on guys we have enough to ***** about on Sunday's at least give it a shot instead of just always being the doom or gloom.

madness
12-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Are the Colts going to try to retain Saturday?

Philagape
12-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I want Saturday yesterday. The Colts are a different offense without him.

Mr. Pink
12-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Atogwe.

Engram.

LJ Smith.

Olshansky.

I'd calling that a winning FA period, as well as a realistic one.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
First off let me say this...

Im basing my FA pickups on the fact that DJ and Co are back as the coaches next year. So with that in mind I think we will invest heavily in the middle tier talent instead of relying on rookies to play like we have the past two years so this is who I see them picking up;

QB Rex Grossman
FB Leonard Weaver
WR Michael Clayton
RT Ray Willis/RT Elton Brown/RT Marcus Johnson
OG Chris Kemoeatu/OG Steven Peterman
OC Jason Brown
LB Nate Webster
CB Keiwan Ratliff
FS Sean Jones

madness
12-08-2008, 12:03 PM

Im basing my FA pickups on the fact that DJ and Co are back as the coaches next year. So with that in mind I think we will invest heavily in the middle tier talent instead of relying on rookies to play like we have the past two years so this is who I see them picking up;

QB Rex Grossman
FB Leonard Weaver
WR Michael Clayton
OC Jason Brown
LB Nate Webster
CB Keiwan Ratliff
FS Sean Jones

Oh man, I hope we don't sign JP to replace JP.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2008, 12:10 PM

Fine, how about Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, David Carr, or Kyle Boller?

Jeff1220
12-08-2008, 12:13 PM
That's an insult to even Rex Grossman

Smendy
12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Nice list draftboy, glad you posted it. Peppers would be great, but it seems like Carolina is bent on keeping him -- will pull the franchise tag out, if they have to. Also, can't imagine he'd leave his home state of North Carolina for Buffalo?

After him and Suggs, who could be listed at outside linebacker, it doesn't seem like there are too many good DE's available.

I wouldn't mind Matt Cassel. Even though many here blame the DE's, it seems to me if the Bills had even "competent" quarterback play this season they'd be 8-5 or 9-4. Either these two quarterbacks -- Losman and Edwards -- are lacking talent (which I strongly suspect is the case) or the talent around these signal-callers is sub-par. I hope we focus on offense in the off-season.

P.S: Nice to see they ranked Jim Leonhard fairly high. He's young and he's had a nice season starting for one the elite defenses in the NFL.

Night Train
12-08-2008, 01:13 PM

They'll sign anywhere. :$: always talks.

Most players couldn't give a damn about the town they play in.

They're mercenaries.

EDS
12-08-2008, 01:18 PM

QB Rex Grossman
FB Leonard Weaver
WR Michael Clayton
OC Jason Brown
LB Nate Webster
CB Keiwan Ratliff
FS Sean Jones

I really think the Bills are better off focusing their money one 2 or 3 guys who can really upgrade certain positions (like Brown at Center) then spreading the money around on a bunch of marginal talents. Spend the money on linebacker since there are guys available who can actually play and the Bills can afford.

If they singed Brown and Dansby and a depth guy or two I would be satisfied (as long as they drafted a defensive end, defensive tackle and guard early. A TE like Scaife would be nice too but probably would be too much to hope for. Peppers is a pipe dream.

Smendy
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
They'll sign anywhere. :$: always talks.

Most players couldn't give a damn about the town they play in.

They're mercenaries.

Night Train, I think you are right. If location does matter, however, we might be able to land top ranked FA safety O.J. Atogwe, who, I believe, is from Ontario.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I really think the Bills are better off focusing their money one 2 or 3 guys who can really upgrade certain positions (like Brown at Center) then spreading the money around on a bunch of marginal talents. Spend the money on linebacker since there are guys available who can actually play and the Bills can afford.

If they singed Brown and Dansby and a depth guy or two I would be satisfied (as long as they drafted a defensive end, defensive tackle and guard early. A TE like Scaife would be nice too but probably would be too much to hope for. Peppers is a pipe dream.

I dont see us doing that, way too many holes to fill to only make 2 or 3 signings. Dick and Co will be coaching for their jobs and Brandon bringing in personell for his. They don't need the biggest name players, but they do need some upgrades. In my scenario our roster becomes;

QB-Edwards/Grossman
RB-Lynch/Jackson/Omon
FB-Weaver
WR-Evans/Reed/Clayton/Hardy/Parrish/Johnson
TE- Royal/Schouman/Fine
OT-Peters/Bell
OG-Dockery/Butler
OC-Brown
OG-Kemo/Butler
OT-Walker/Willis

DE-Schobel/Ellis
DT-Stroud/Johnson
DT-Williams
DE-Kelsay/Denney
OLB-Mitchell/Ellison
MLB-Poz/Dig
OLB-Webster
CB-McGee/Corner
CB-McKelvin
FS-Jones/Simpson
SS-Whitner/Scott

A lot less holes to fill via my strategy through the draft than yours. And they will cost roughly the same.

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Right now, Butler is better than Dockery. And with his new deal, I doubt he goes to the bench.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Right now, Butler is better than Dockery. And with his new deal, I doubt he goes to the bench.

I dont think he is, Id put them about even and based on reputation Dockery would be over Butler. Butler has no doubt regressed which isn't uncommon given how we extend players and then they suck for us. Either way we have to add an OG at some point and Kemo is better than both Dockery or Butler.

EDS
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I dont see us doing that, way too many holes to fill to only make 2 or 3 signings. Dick and Co will be coaching for their jobs and Brandon bringing in personell for his. They don't need the biggest name players, but they do need some upgrades. In my scenario our roster becomes;

QB-Edwards/Grossman
RB-Lynch/Jackson/Omon
FB-Weaver
WR-Evans/Reed/Clayton/Hardy/Parrish/Johnson
TE- Royal/Schouman/Fine
OT-Peters/Bell
OG-Dockery/Butler
OC-Brown
OG-Kemo/Butler
OT-Walker/Willis

DE-Schobel/Ellis
DT-Stroud/Johnson
DT-Williams
DE-Kelsay/Denney
OLB-Mitchell/Ellison
MLB-Poz/Dig
OLB-Webster
CB-McGee/Corner
CB-McKelvin
FS-Jones/Simpson
SS-Whitner/Scott

A lot less holes to fill via my strategy through the draft than yours. And they will cost roughly the same.

That only fixes the offensive line (albeit that being one of the teams two most pressing areas). Defensive end, defensive tackle and linebacker remain weak points (argueably safety as well). There still are no playmakers in the defensive front 7 which is why I think the best course of action is to get someone who can really play at outside linebacker and draft a DE/DT in the first round.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
That only fixes the offensive line (albeit that being one of the teams two most pressing areas). Defensive end, defensive tackle and linebacker remain weak points (argueably safety as well). There still are no playmakers in the defensive front 7 which is why I think the best course of action is to get someone who can really play at outside linebacker and draft a DE/DT in the first round.
It also shores up the WR corp, and FB role too.

What it allows us to do is concentrate on defensive playmakers early going DE, DT, OLB, and like SS early in the draft and then just grabbing more depth later on.

X-Era
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM

QB Rex Grossman
FB Leonard Weaver
WR Michael Clayton
OC Jason Brown
LB Nate Webster
CB Keiwan Ratliff
FS Sean Jones

When that happens you can expect the EXACT same results as this year. There is not one single significant upgrade on that list... maybe Sean Jones, thats it.

jdbillsfan
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM

QB Rex Grossman
FB Leonard Weaver
WR Michael Clayton
OC Jason Brown
LB Nate Webster
CB Keiwan Ratliff
FS Sean Jones

I like this list.

I like Weaver, Elton Brown, Kemo, Jason Brown.

Throw in Bart Scott and Greer and I would be pretty happy.

Mahdi
12-08-2008, 05:27 PM

QB Rex Grossman
FB Leonard Weaver
WR Michael Clayton
OC Jason Brown
LB Nate Webster
CB Keiwan Ratliff
FS Sean Jones
Nice thinking... I was targeting Sean Jones as well once I saw the list... Move Whitner to FS and bring in Jones who is solid against the pass and is a tough run defender as well.

I also love the Jason Brown signing.. he is still real young. I wanted him when he came out of North Carolina but for some reason we passed him up. C was a big need at the time as well.

EDS
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
It also shores up the WR corp, and FB role too.

What it allows us to do is concentrate on defensive playmakers early going DE, DT, OLB, and like SS early in the draft and then just grabbing more depth later on.

That doesn't do anything to the wide receiver corp. Clayton has done nothing since his rookie year. Might as well see if Hardy can be mediocre then sign another mediocre wide receiver.

Again, I really think the free agent money should be spent on an interior offensive lineman (Brown would be great) and a linebacker, since there are goods ones available and they don't typically break the bank (Dansby, Scott, etc.). They need someone at least as good as Crowell.

The Jokeman
12-08-2008, 07:00 PM
That doesn't do anything to the wide receiver corp. Clayton has done nothing since his rookie year. Might as well see if Hardy can be mediocre then sign another mediocre wide receiver.

Again, I really think the free agent money should be spent on an interior offensive lineman (Brown would be great) and a linebacker, since there are goods ones available and they don't typically break the bank (Dansby, Scott, etc.). They need someone at least as good as Crowell.
Clayton offers a low risk high reward. I would be in favor in it as he won't cost much and having him on the roster gives Hardy a little more time to develop. Though remember we showed some interest in Robert Ferguson in the past so we might try to fo after him again.

I also like Weaver as a WCO FB that might give us a guy that block and give Edwards an option in the passing game.

In terms of backup QBs Grossman isn't bad if looking for a guy that be a good backup and possibly develop into more but can't see us going for him. Instead see Ralph go on a cheap and if Jauron still around he might target a guy like Dan Orlovsky who he knows from Detroit.

On the O-line we're definitely need an OC but not sure if spend the money to bring in Saturday not to mention he seems like a lighter finesse guy and appears the current O-line coach prefer beefier guys but doubt we'd spend the money on a guy like Jason Brown. Perhaps a reunion of Kugler with Stephen Peterman would give us some competition at/or depth at RG.

We need some help at TE and would be in favor at making an offer to get Tony Gonzalez out of KC even if it means giving up a 1st Round pick but would hope get another pick back (say Round 5).

On defense I guess am in the minority that likes are "starting" 3 of Simpson/Whitner Whitner/Scott.

I've already said like Berry in the past at DE/OLB and while need to upgrade Ellison let's not forget that Alvin Bowen will likely be back next year and could always draft someone in Rounds 1-3 so not sure we'd spend the bucks to bring back Crowell or another UFA.

I can't see us going CB unless can somehow retain Greer at a decent price otherwise look for low risk veteran backups and 2nd day draft picks to shore up depth behind McKelvin, McGee and Corner.

That leaves DT which to me could use an infusion of pass rush. A guy like Haye had 6.0 sacks two seasons ago but disappeared this year and wonder how much gas is left in La'roi Glover's tank.

X-Era
12-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Agree.

A DE/DT and a OLB are one of the top 4 priorities, unfortunately there are 4. C, is the other. After that we need a S, OG, TE, maybe RB (depending on Jackson), QB (Losman is gone), ILB (no I dont trust Digi or Corto).

Im still a fan of:

Signing:

1) Suggs

Drafting:

1) Aaron Curry, Everette Brown, Sen Derrik Marks, or Greg Hardy
2) Brandon Pettigrew, Chase Coffman, Evander Hood, Peria Jerry, or Alex Mack
3) Antoine Caldwell, Jared Cook, or Dorell Scott

My DREAM would be Brown or Hardy, Pettigrew, and Caldwell. Pettigrew may drop since hes not the #1, thats Gresham, and he has the whole mess with the law.

PECKERWOOD
12-08-2008, 07:06 PM
I'd be happy if the Bills just went out and signed Peppers and Suggs.

Cut kelsay, Denney, and Schobel and that would help pay for those 2. And then draft the top DE on the board with their first round pick.

I'd like to get baked in my own personal space pod, have an orgy with Scarlet Johanson, Angelina Jolie and Natlie Portman all while being in my freshly new manison located inside my own personal country, paid for with the money that I won through the mega million lottery.

Mski
12-08-2008, 07:06 PM
lorenzo neal, dan krieder, julius peppers :drool:

X-Era
12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
lorenzo neal, dan krieder, julius peppers :drool:

Guys like Suggs and Peppers will go to the highest bidder. We are NEVER the highest bidder.

There is one significant caveat... Billick may make the difference in getting Suggs.

Mski
12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Guys like Suggs and Peppers will go to the highest bidder. We are NEVER the highest bidder.

There is one significant caveat... Billick may make the difference in getting Suggs.well if you're using that as your hope, perhaps he can talk ray over here too :ill:

X-Era
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
well if you're using that as your hope, perhaps he can talk ray over here too :ill:

I want the Bills brass to step up as much as everyone else, Im simply saying that if we get Billick as our HC, Suggs may take less to play for his old coach. Its not unheard of.

trapezeus
12-08-2008, 10:26 PM
i'll take antonio bryant. the guy is a beast in tonight's monday night game. great allround game, but his last TD catch was brilliant. he's big and strikes me to be an awesome complement to Evans.

SpillerThrills
12-08-2008, 10:39 PM
i'll take antonio bryant. the guy is a beast in tonight's monday night game. great allround game, but his last TD catch was brilliant. he's big and strikes me to be an awesome complement to Evans.

that TD catch was jaw dropping!:shocked:

tat2dmike77
12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/uploaded_images/carnac-756908.jpg

:roflmao:

gr8slayer
12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Realistic FA's for Buffalo that would make an instant impact include:

- Michael Montgomery (DE)

- Rocky Bernard (DT)

- Jovan Haye (DT)

- Karlos Dansby (LB) - Great at blitzing and is not an issue in coverage.

- Michael Boley (LB) - Great athlete and perfect for the C2.

- Jon Alston (LB) - Amazing upside, maybe one of the best athletes at LB in the league, needs some coaching but has "potential" to be a good one.

- Dunta Robinson (CB) - When healthy you'll have a hard time finding a better cover CB, it just so happens that he's also not afraid to lay the wood when called upon.

- Eric Green (CB) - Lost his job to DRC earlier in the season, but most CB's in the league would. He would be an excellent addition and would certainly step right in to the Nickel spot.

- Jermaine Phillips (S) - Want a real deal C2 Safety? This is your man, he's no Bob Sanders but he's big, he's mean, and he's a dirty player who is always around the ball. He has been in the system long enough he could also teach the young guys a thing or two.

- Brian Dawkins (S) - See Jermaine Phillips, this is the kind of leadership a young team like Buffalo needs. He's also someone who has had unimaginable success in the league and is a guy all the youth can look up to as a perfect example of what you should be on and off the field.

tat2dmike77
12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
I still say Tyson Jackson will look good in a Bills uniform

gr8slayer
12-08-2008, 11:25 PM
He would likely not be accepted in Buffalo, he has a history of having a poor attitude and considering the fact that Tampa has been looking for a WR for years now, and they finally have one, it's very unlikely that he'll be let go.

gr8slayer
12-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Also, all of you saying that getting a particular FA is not possible are crazy. The problem with this front office is hardly the willingness to spend cash.

DraftBoy
12-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Realistic FA's for Buffalo that would make an instant impact include:

- Michael Montgomery (DE)

- Rocky Bernard (DT)

- Jovan Haye (DT)

- Karlos Dansby (LB) - Great at blitzing and is not an issue in coverage.

- Michael Boley (LB) - Great athlete and perfect for the C2.

- Jon Alston (LB) - Amazing upside, maybe one of the best athletes at LB in the league, needs some coaching but has "potential" to be a good one.

- Dunta Robinson (CB) - When healthy you'll have a hard time finding a better cover CB, it just so happens that he's also not afraid to lay the wood when called upon.

- Eric Green (CB) - Lost his job to DRC earlier in the season, but most CB's in the league would. He would be an excellent addition and would certainly step right in to the Nickel spot.

- Jermaine Phillips (S) - Want a real deal C2 Safety? This is your man, he's no Bob Sanders but he's big, he's mean, and he's a dirty player who is always around the ball. He has been in the system long enough he could also teach the young guys a thing or two.

- Brian Dawkins (S) - See Jermaine Phillips, this is the kind of leadership a young team like Buffalo needs. He's also someone who has had unimaginable success in the league and is a guy all the youth can look up to as a perfect example of what you should be on and off the field.

I would do a back flip is we landed Boley, Robinson, and Phillips! I know Atlanta is going to do everything they can to resign Boley for good reason. If he hit the market it would take me all of .0001 seconds to offer him a huge deal.

Phillips is a guy who was nothing more than a big hitter in college who couldnt pick a ball off to save his life. He's busted his ass in Tampa and is an underrated S in the NFC. He will mix it up, he'll talk trash and he'll make anybody pay for going over the middle of the field into his area.

trapezeus
12-09-2008, 08:22 AM
He would likely not be accepted in Buffalo, he has a history of having a poor attitude and considering the fact that Tampa has been looking for a WR for years now, and they finally have one, it's very unlikely that he'll be let go.

True, but of late the bills have gone with the mild trouble makers and haven't been burned too badly by it.

DraftBoy
12-09-2008, 09:12 AM
True, but of late the bills have gone with the mild trouble makers and haven't been burned too badly by it.

I like Clayton more than Bryant because Bryant is going to be looking for more money this offseason. Plus Clayton is a more mild mannered team first type player. I see Clayton as an effective slot WR and can take over for Reed eventually. He is a good blocker and has steady hands. Clayton's biggest issue has been staying healthy since his rookie year. Plus I like Clayton's size at 6'4 as a nice over the middle possession WR.

gr8slayer
12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
I like Clayton more than Bryant because Bryant is going to be looking for more money this offseason. Plus Clayton is a more mild mannered team first type player. I see Clayton as an effective slot WR and can take over for Reed eventually. He is a good blocker and has steady hands. Clayton's biggest issue has been staying healthy since his rookie year. Plus I like Clayton's size at 6'4 as a nice over the middle possession WR.
It's hard to deny the level of talent that Clayton possesses, but it's also hard to deny how poorly he's played since his amazing rookie season. Something just went wrong with the guy and he just forgot how to play WR at a high level for some reason.

Other WR's that would help Buffalo:
- Justin McCareins - Big, physical, fast. Might not ever be a #1 but would fill in great for a season or two as a #2 until Hardy is ready to act like an NFL caliber player.

- Koren Robinson - Another guy with a problem past, but another guy who will be very attractive to Buffalo because of his return ability. He's also an excellent WR who runs crisp routes and isn't afraid to block. He has a history of being a WR who drops balls but has gotten progressively better as his career has gone on. Won't ever be a #1 but again, would fill in greatly as a #3/#4 while the rest of the WR's figure the NFL out, he would also instantly fill in as one of the better returners on the team.

- Brandon Lloyd - A guy a lot of people are ready to write off but has just as much upside as anyone in the league if he can ever figure it out. He would come very cheap and would be an amazing #3/#4 option, and one day maybe more.

- Malcom Floyd - If you're a Bills fan this is the type of WR you've been dreaming about for years. He's not afraid to go across the middle and take a huge hit, he blocks, he makes yardage after the catch, he out jumps....... everyone, and he would likely not command very much moneywise. He is a RFA and it might take more than it's worth to get your hands on him, but if he comes at the right price he'd be an instant upgrade.

NONE of the above mentioned would be in serious consideration for a starting job as a #1, but all have prior experience and some level of success with previous teams. All have a trait that the other does not, none of them are "elite" players, but some possess "elite" traits in certain areas where the Bills lack those traits. There are better options on this list, but these are the ones that I personally view as being "realistic" for the Bills.

Dr. Lecter
12-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I would love Malcom Floyd. Just love the guy.

I would avoid Brandon Lloyd. Career underacheivers scare me to death.

McCariens would be great too. I have always liked him.

Robinson? Meh. McKelvin is a better KO returned than him and can fill that role for a couple of more years. And Robinson is one mistake from a long suspension. Like his talent, but am afraid of his past.

gr8slayer
12-09-2008, 10:12 AM

Robinson? Meh. McKelvin is a better KO returned than him and can fill that role for a couple of more years. And Robinson is one mistake from a long suspension. Like his talent, but am afraid of his past.
Floyd is no doubt the best on the list.

McKelvin might be the better KO guy but do you really want him returning kicks if he's going to be the #1 CB? I personally would not....

Mad Bomber
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Also, all of you saying that getting a particular FA is not possible are crazy. The problem with this front office is hardly the willingness to spend cash.
The problem is that they just don't spend cash wisely.

DraftBoy
12-09-2008, 10:52 AM
It's hard to deny the level of talent that Clayton possesses, but it's also hard to deny how poorly he's played since his amazing rookie season. Something just went wrong with the guy and he just forgot how to play WR at a high level for some reason.

Other WR's that would help Buffalo:
- Justin McCareins - Big, physical, fast. Might not ever be a #1 but would fill in great for a season or two as a #2 until Hardy is ready to act like an NFL caliber player.

- Koren Robinson - Another guy with a problem past, but another guy who will be very attractive to Buffalo because of his return ability. He's also an excellent WR who runs crisp routes and isn't afraid to block. He has a history of being a WR who drops balls but has gotten progressively better as his career has gone on. Won't ever be a #1 but again, would fill in greatly as a #3/#4 while the rest of the WR's figure the NFL out, he would also instantly fill in as one of the better returners on the team.

- Brandon Lloyd - A guy a lot of people are ready to write off but has just as much upside as anyone in the league if he can ever figure it out. He would come very cheap and would be an amazing #3/#4 option, and one day maybe more.

- Malcom Floyd - If you're a Bills fan this is the type of WR you've been dreaming about for years. He's not afraid to go across the middle and take a huge hit, he blocks, he makes yardage after the catch, he out jumps....... everyone, and he would likely not command very much moneywise. He is a RFA and it might take more than it's worth to get your hands on him, but if he comes at the right price he'd be an instant upgrade.

NONE of the above mentioned would be in serious consideration for a starting job as a #1, but all have prior experience and some level of success with previous teams. All have a trait that the other does not, none of them are "elite" players, but some possess "elite" traits in certain areas where the Bills lack those traits. There are better options on this list, but these are the ones that I personally view as being "realistic" for the Bills.

Far and away Malcolm Floyd would be top target but as an RFA am I willing to give up DP's for him? That depends on how much of a tender they give him. If its only a 3rd Rounder, I take a good long look at Floyd. He has the talent to be a top WR in this league too.

DraftBoy
12-09-2008, 10:54 AM

McCariens would be a good fit for us, but like you I would LOVE to land Malcolm Floyd, he does everything Hardy doesnt at this point.

gr8slayer
12-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Far and away Malcolm Floyd would be top target but as an RFA am I willing to give up DP's for him? That depends on how much of a tender they give him. If its only a 3rd Rounder, I take a good long look at Floyd. He has the talent to be a top WR in this league too.
No doubt about it, he's a bit raw right now but he's pure talent. Just needs the right coaching and he'll be a star in a year or two.

DraftBoy
12-09-2008, 11:01 AM
No doubt about it, he's a bit raw right now but he's pure talent. Just needs the right coaching and he'll be a star in a year or two.

Oh yea the best part of his game is that he uses his size to his complete advantage and he knows it too. He will shield defenders, out jump them, and use angles to beat them. He loves to go over the middle and he loves to block. What more could you want in a top WR who just happens to be 6'5?? His only issues is some hands inconsistency but I think he can overcome that with more reps. He's been woefully underused in San Diego.

gr8slayer
12-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh yea the best part of his game is that he uses his size to his complete advantage and he knows it too. He will shield defenders, out jump them, and use angles to beat them. He loves to go over the middle and he loves to block. What more could you want in a top WR who just happens to be 6'5?? His only issues is some hands inconsistency but I think he can overcome that with more reps. He's been woefully underused in San Diego.
But you know what? He's gotten a lot better this year, I've seen him take some monster hits this season and still hold on to the ball, where in the past he would generally drop the same balls. My biggest issue with him are his route running skills (easily fixed), and he is a bit shoddy at times when it comes to run blocking (also easily fixed). Like I said before, get him a good WR coach, give him a year or two, and he'll be a star.

DraftBoy
12-09-2008, 12:14 PM
But you know what? He's gotten a lot better this year, I've seen him take some monster hits this season and still hold on to the ball, where in the past he would generally drop the same balls. My biggest issue with him are his route running skills (easily fixed), and he is a bit shoddy at times when it comes to run blocking (also easily fixed). Like I said before, get him a good WR coach, give him a year or two, and he'll be a star.

Well he's got a pretty good one right now in Joiner and it shows in his play so far.

PECKERWOOD
12-09-2008, 04:23 PM
If I were the Bills I would target these 3 players in the offseason and throw big money their way:

Hello, Chad, meet Karlos!! Karlos, this is Chad! Feel free to make him your *****. Let's see how many times you laugh and wink when you play us twice next year.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/52/522703.jpg

Hey, Tom! I hope your recovery is going well and I hope you're very excited for next season! Get well soon. ~ Terrell

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2006-12/27047000.jpg

Not sure why Philly is trying to run Donovan out of town. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what a winner looks like:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/fantasy/08/29/lessons0903/p1_mcnabb2.jpg

With these 3 players added to the team, we EASILY make it to the playoffs next year. Plus, if you factored in having a WINNER at HC as well, like say: Cowher, Billick or Marty. This would be a team with reachable potential.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 04:33 PM
If I were the Bills I would target these 3 players in the offseason and throw big money their way:

Hello, Chad, meet Karlos!! Karlos, this is Chad! Feel free to make him your *****. Let's see how many times you laugh and wink when you play us twice next year.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/52/522703.jpg

Hey, Tom! I hope your recovery is going well and I hope you're very excited for next season! Get well soon. ~ Terrell

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2006-12/27047000.jpg

Not sure why Philly is trying to run Donovan out of town. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what a winner looks like:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/fantasy/08/29/lessons0903/p1_mcnabb2.jpg

With these 3 players added to the team, we EASILY make it to the playoffs next year. Plus, if you factored in having a WINNER at HC as well, like say: Cowher, Billick or Marty. This would be a team with reachable potential.

Love your #2 and #3, Dansby takes alot of plays off, he doesnt have the heart that I would prefer.

If we landed McNabb, Edwards could sit the bench and I wouldnt mind that at all. McNabb is a significant upgrade at QB right away.

All I have said is that we need significant upgrades in the offseason, anything else is just perpetuating our mediocrity.

gr8slayer
12-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Love your #2 and #3, Dansby takes alot of plays off, he doesnt have the heart that I would prefer.

If we landed McNabb, Edwards could sit the bench and I wouldnt mind that at all. McNabb is a significant upgrade at QB right away.

All I have said is that we need significant upgrades in the offseason, anything else is just perpetuating our mediocrity.
:snicker:

Smendy
12-09-2008, 05:40 PM

Malcom Floyd would be great a great pick up. Not sure what the compensation will be, though, because he's restricted.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 06:11 PM
:snicker:

Go worship the Cowfags.

The Jokeman
12-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Malcom Floyd would be great a great pick up. Not sure what the compensation will be, though, because he's restricted.
Floyd wasn't drafted and will only require compensation depending the tender San Diego gives him. If they give him no tender we might be able to land him with nothing like we did with Lindell.

He kind of reminds me of an RFA I liked last year Ruvell Martin, both big and deep on depth charts and nice to pursue.

Marvelous
12-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Best FA on offense - Fred Jackson
-Best on D- Jabari Greer :D kidding. but Man Greer sure is The Real Deal... If CB we're as high a priority as DE then Greer would be #1 Hands down..

--WTF would infest Peppers brain to want to come here? We won't pay as much as Dallas, Cleveland, or Dallas, and we are stuck in mediocrity, not up & coming.. bah, i need a drink!

Goobylal
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Bryant Johnson signed a 1-year deal to "showcase" himself with the 49'ers.

Mr. Miyagi
12-10-2008, 08:12 PM

QB Rex Grossman
FB Leonard Weaver
WR Michael Clayton
OC Jason Brown
LB Nate Webster
CB Keiwan Ratliff
FS Sean Jones
Oh God we're letting JP walk and bring in Grossman? They're practically the same guy!

DraftBoy
12-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Bryant Johnson signed a 1-year deal to "showcase" himself with the 49'ers.

I know, but his listed team was Arizona, I believe they just updated the list again recently.