PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron Must Stay!!!!!

User Manuel
12-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Why go through all of the worry and hype to find another bad coach. Isn't it just easier to underpay the guy we have now and be angry at his incompetence.

Furthermore, It doesn't really matter if we bring in a Bill Cowher either. Why? Because if we pay the coach $5m you damn well know we aren't spending money on the players. It will be the same broken down cast of characters that have sucked for the last 10 years. Will we be better, sure. But more likely we will just hear week in and week out about how we don't have cowher type players and we wont have a GM capable of finding them.

Worst yet, if Cowher did make them a playoff team Ralph wouldn't spend the dough to put them over the top.

Let's just admit it, being a Bills fan sucks and will until Ralph dies and then the pain will be over, one way or the other.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Ralph's already killed the franchise in Toronto and it hasn't even moved there yet.

Typ0
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
you have to separate player dollars from coaching dollars. The player money is from shared revenues.

User Manuel
12-08-2008, 03:22 PM
you have to separate player dollars from coaching dollars. The player money is from shared revenues.

Cash to Cap, and I danmed well bet coaching salaries are part of that in Ralph's world. IE if Ralph pays a coach 5m the money is coming from somewhere else in the football operation.

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM
We're not getting Cowher.

But, if we did get Cowher, he'd only do it if he had some input/control over personnel decisions, so we would get Cowher players. He wouldn't come here otherwise.

However, I do agree with your general premise. The devil that you know is better than the devil that you don't. There is no point in firing Jauron if we're just going to bring in some third-rate no-name or retread failure from the coaching bargain bin like we did the last 3 times.

User Manuel
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
We're not getting Cowher.

But, if we did get Cowher, he'd only do it if he had some input/control over personnel decisions, so we would get Cowher players. He wouldn't come here otherwise.

However, I do agree with your general premise. The devil that you know is better than the devil that you don't. There is no point in firing Jauron if we're just going to bring in some third-rate no-name or retread failure from the coaching bargain bin like we did the last 3 times.

We could always rehire Wade when the Cowboys fire him......

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Why go through all of the worry and hype to find another bad coach. Isn't it just easier to underpay the guy we have now and be angry at his incompetence.

Furthermore, It doesn't really matter if we bring in a Bill Cowher either. Why? Because if we pay the coach $5m you damn well know we aren't spending money on the players. It will be the same broken down cast of characters that have sucked for the last 10 years. Will we be better, sure. But more likely we will just hear week in and week out about how we don't have cowher type players and we wont have a GM capable of finding them.

Worst yet, if Cowher did make them a playoff team Ralph wouldn't spend the dough to put them over the top.

Let's just admit it, being a Bills fan sucks and will until Ralph dies and then the pain will be over, one way or the other.
You make very good sense, in a perverse and negative way. But sarcasm and negativity are my friends at the moment.

Michael82
12-08-2008, 03:52 PM
NEGGED! :mad:

X-Era
12-08-2008, 04:19 PM

No, we should bring in Cowher because a HOF head coach can make winners out of our second rate talent. What WONT work and where I agree with you is to try to use never-been-to-the-playoffs retreads, or never-head-coached-before upstarts. Neither knows what it takes and thats just that on this team.

JD
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/darth-enigmus/thread-fail-stamp.gif

Novacane
12-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Fire Jauron and hope we get lucky with the next coach. We know cheapskate won't pay for Cower or another top coach so luck is the only hope we have left. I'd rather take my chance with a new guy who will probably suck than keep the loser we have.

TheBrownBear
12-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Fire Jauron and hope we get lucky with the next coach. We know cheapskate won't pay for Cower or another top coach so luck is the only hope we have left. I'd rather take my chance with a new guy who will probably suck than keep the loser we have.

Exactly. At least a new coach will bring some excitement to the fan-base for the first half of 2009. If Dick is back next year, I probably won't even bother watching.