PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Kawika Mitchell comments

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Forked from: Really awesome comments from our players (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2758717)

"Obviously, the NFL is about making money. If that is what they are doing, that's what they are doing. Other than that, as long as they are making money I am getting paid, so do what you do." - Kawika Mitchell

I've been saying for weeks now that Mitchell is "feast or famine"- he'll make a great play on the blitz or he'll get an INT when he's running free underneath, but he sucks in pass coverage, doesn't make tackles in the running game, etc.

Well, I think we can all see why. Mr. "3 teams in 3 years" is nothing more than a mercenary. He just wants his paycheck. He'll work his ass off if he thinks he can make a highlight reel out of a play, but why risk injury on a routine play when there is so much money to be made.

I just lost a lot of respect for this guy.

And BTW- I don't have a problem with him wanting to get paid. We all do. But read the initial thread. Peters and Losman were complaining about how it didn't feel like a home game, and Brown and Will Allen from the Fish said they had support and it was easier than playing in Buffalo. So, while the other players are talking about home-field advantage and sacrificing it, he's talking about money.

bigbub2352
12-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Mitchell i think is a good player on a frustrated and beatin down team

He would be good here with a good scheme and good players around him, he has a young stud in POZ and a bum in ellison, the DEs are terrible and Whitner is grossly overhyped for someone who should probably be playin FS or CB, and got beat out by a street FA in Scott who was a former 3rd pick as a CB, just sayin

Its the coaching and the motivation and the Scheme that is starting to get the better of this roster Mitchell has a ring and contributed to getting that ring, also the NYG tried to resign him -Mitchell is part of the solution and trust me OP none of them truly care its all about the$$$$$$$$$

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Too often, Mitchell doesn't wrap up his tackles, and the guy bounces off him for several extra yards.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
He's out of place in our system imo.

historypete
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Everyone is out of place in our system.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Exactly what system are you talking about? the bills have no system. systems require working components. we have no working components

EDS
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Too often, Mitchell doesn't wrap up his tackles, and the guy bounces off him for several extra yards.

There is a reason why he has bounced around. It is not like the Giants have missed a beat without him.

Nighthawk
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM

Everybody is out of place in our system...!

DynaPaul
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM

Our system is out of place in our system.

Marvelous
12-08-2008, 11:28 PM
I like his speed on blitz plays.. Reminds me of Junior Seau.. But i was BAFFLED at why the fanbase liked him beyond that because his coverage guy always make sthe catch.. And his RB tackling never stood out beyond say a safety or Kelsay etc... Guys, LB is still a major problem for us..We really needed Crowell this year. And Digi.. Poz seems to vanish alot. I notice him like once every two games..What the is w/ that??

DraftBoy, Coexist? What is that some kind of fruity rights or some inside joke?

tat2dmike77
12-08-2008, 11:53 PM

The Bills have a system???????

Night Train
12-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Darryl Talley & Chris Spielman in their prime would look bad in this D scheme.

Funny how good Mitchell looked in the Giants D last year.