PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for our players on defense

xXSpIkes5IXx
12-08-2008, 03:41 PM
The defense really has played their heart out the past 2 games, did almost everything they could to give us a chance to win. Despite injuries to our best past rusher, they have given up 26 points in 2 games. We should be able to put up 2 TD's a game at least. Even if we win out, Jauron has to go, its just unacceptable.

I can not believe how bad the offense has been, its just pathetic, we are the worst team in the NFL right now...

OpIv37
12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I ****ing hate this Tampa 2 D. It's undersized, it's not aggressive, it relies on personnel we simply don't have, and it keeps the guys we do have out of more natural positions (Poz and Whitner, for starters). And does any other team rotate DT's and DE's as readily as we do? Usually DE's need speed and DT's need size, which are all but mutually exclusive. I could go on all day, but I digress...

The point is that as bad as this D is, they've played well enough to keep us in the last two games. I'd say they played well enough to win. Even in the Cleveland game, the offense hung them out to dry several times and they still held on for a while before finally breaking. If the offense is even mediocre in those three games (or even 2 of those 3), then we're at least tied for the AFCE and contenders in the wild-card race.

jdbillsfan
12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Our defense sucks. The dolphins regularly completed 3rd downs. 3rd and 12 seemed just as easy as 3rd and 1. Pennington had all day and had WR's running wide open.

Look at our schedule. Those teams suck. We don't pressure the QB at all.

If the Dolphins were agressive and really wanted to run up the score, they could have. Key word... the Dolphins.

Same with the Cheifs, they had a couple turnovers, but otherwise could move the ball easily. 49ers...same thing. These teams suck....

Jan Reimers
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I am bothered by our lack of a pass rush, our DBs playing so far off the opposing receivers, and our propensity to engage in arm tackling at times.

If it's the Tampa 2 that doesn't allow us to blitz (which we have to do given the ineptness of our DEs) and/or which is responsible for playing so far off in the secondary, I say get rid of it.

Boomstick
12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I ****ing hate this Tampa 2 D. It's undersized, it's not aggressive, it relies on personnel we simply don't have, and it keeps the guys we do have out of more natural positions (Poz and Whitner, for starters). And does any other team rotate DT's and DE's as readily as we do? Usually DE's need speed and DT's need size, which are all but mutually exclusive. I could go on all day, but I digress...

The point is that as bad as this D is, they've played well enough to keep us in the last two games. I'd say they played well enough to win. Even in the Cleveland game, the offense hung them out to dry several times and they still held on for a while before finally breaking. If the offense is even mediocre in those three games (or even 2 of those 3), then we're at least tied for the AFCE and contenders in the wild-card race.

Couldn't have said it any better than that. Its forcing some good players to only play into their weaknesses. Such as Poz being in zone coverage 85% of the time, instantly when the ball is snapped. Whitner isn't allowed to roam, which he did well at Ohio St. They keep Ellison on the field, which I will never understand that. They keep Denney on the field, who has lest fundamental disapline than the high school kids I coach. It keeps our corners, who are better at closer, man style coverage, in soft zones. Hell, on 3rd and 11, our corners are lined up close to 12 yds off the ball.
How in the hell can they honestly think this scheme is good?

X-Era
12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
The defense really has played their heart out the past 2 games, did almost everything they could to give us a chance to win. Despite injuries to our best past rusher, they have given up 26 points in 2 games. We should be able to put up 2 TD's a game at least. Even if we win out, Jauron has to go, its just unacceptable.

I can not believe how bad the offense has been, its just pathetic, we are the worst team in the NFL right now...

I have to partially agree. They have played good enough to win I agree, but they are far from stellar yet.

I will never understand why we didnt try to run the ball more. It looks like we are telecasting the plays somehow, the D changes when we have Lynch in and he has no where to run... It reminds me alot of the Gash/Smith days.

Get rid of the FB and go back to the 1 RB set, then leave Lynch in for 75% of the plays. DONT make Jackson a 3rd down RB only, switch up when he comes in and out.