PDA

View Full Version : I realize now Gonzo could've made the difference

patmoran2006
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
While we lack in a lot of areas, I cant stop thinking after the past two pathetic offensive performances about Tony Gonzalez..

With our "skilled" players proving they are consistent and not getting open, and a BUM (literally) at tight end in robert royal, with a QB (especially Edwards) that likes to throw the short to medium passes, I'm convinced Gonzo would've made a big difference. Possibly enough that we beat SF and Miami the past two weeks.

we only gave up 10 and 16 points the past two weeks and lost them both. I think Gonzo gets us those points, if not by himself then by drawing attention to leave others open.

We need more than just Lee Evans as a threat..

Whether he would've helped us that much is certainly debatable, but what isnt is that the Jets and Dolphins both sit at the top because they took CHANCES.. Something this pusswad organization rarely does.

DynaPaul
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
He could have but he didn't want to come to Buffalo.

X-Era
12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
While we lack in a lot of areas, I cant stop thinking after the past two pathetic offensive performances about Tony Gonzalez..

With our "skilled" players proving they are consistent and not getting open, and a BUM (literally) at tight end in robert royal, with a QB (especially Edwards) that likes to throw the short to medium passes, I'm convinced Gonzo would've made a big difference. Possibly enough that we beat SF and Miami the past two weeks.

we only gave up 10 and 16 points the past two weeks and lost them both. I think Gonzo gets us those points, if not by himself then by drawing attention to leave others open.

We need more than just Lee Evans as a threat..

Whether he would've helped us that much is certainly debatable, but what isnt is that the Jets and Dolphins both sit at the top because they took CHANCES.. Something this pusswad organization rarely does.

I dont disgaree that the Jets spent money and took chances. They banled on now and it appears to be paying off. But I never want to be in their shoes come this offseason when the perpetual Favre watch starts. If he leaves they are TOAST.

patmoran2006
12-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I dont disgaree that the Jets spent money and took chances. They banled on now and it appears to be paying off. But I never want to be in their shoes come this offseason when the perpetual Favre watch starts. If he leaves they are TOAST.
I very much disagree.

1- They took a chance to win THIS year.. When u dont make the playoffs nine years in a row like us, I wish we did the same.. Who even knows if we have a "future" in Buffalo.

2- The Jets will not suck without Favre in 2009 if he dont play.. that defense is STACKED with talent.

patmoran2006
12-08-2008, 05:42 PM
He could have but he didn't want to come to Buffalo.Who does want to come to Buffalo? Seriously

Guys that will get overpaid to come, or stay..

He woulda got traded he really didnt have a choice.

DraftBoy
12-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Yea I dont really see him making such a vast difference, would it have won us the SF game mainly, but you are still asking tweedle dip**** (Edwards) and tweedle dumb*** (Losman) to find him, deliver a catchable ball and not turn it over any other times. Not happening...

Dr. Lecter
12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I have confidence that Turk Schonert would have used him properly.

PECKERWOOD
12-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Yea I dont really see him making such a vast difference, would it have won us the SF game mainly, but you are still asking tweedle dip**** (Edwards) and tweedle dumb*** (Losman) to find him, deliver a catchable ball and not turn it over any other times. Not happening...

Yup, exactly.

Ebenezer
12-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Maybe the team started tanking when we didn't trade for Gonzo.

Michael82
12-09-2008, 12:59 AM
The fact that we could have gotten a player of his caliber for only a 2nd round draft pick and didn't do it is very depressing. He would have made a definite difference. :sigh:

topher180
12-09-2008, 01:31 AM
I very much disagree.

1- They took a chance to win THIS year.. When u dont make the playoffs nine years in a row like us, I wish we did the same.. Who even knows if we have a "future" in Buffalo.

2- The Jets will not suck without Favre in 2009 if he dont play.. that defense is STACKED with talent.

Pretty much!