PDA

View Full Version : Ralph says, "we havent got the talent"

X-Era
12-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Well, thats actually a good sign.

Ralph has never been one to speak that loudly without taking action. Lets hope his check book does the talking this offseason.

Heres the full quote from Buffalo News:

"We just didn't play well," Wilson said. "We haven't got the talent. We didn't play well. The coaches? They can't go out and kick the ball. They can't go out and tackle. . . . Hey, the way we're playing it's tough to get three points."

Will Ralph bringin some REAL TRUE talent? I'm talking about guys like Suggs, or Peppers. Thats talent.

Put your money where your mouth is Ralph.

Mski
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
The coaches? They can't go out and kick the ball. They can't go out and tackle.

looks like we're stuck with dick for another year

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
no FA is coming to buffalo until we get some quality in the FO and the Coaching department.

it has to start at the top.

JD
12-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Welp, Dick will be around for another 2 years :fail:

JJamezz
12-08-2008, 07:45 PM
FU Ralph and your excuses.. the most glaring lack of talent we have at ANY position is 'Owner'..

X-Era
12-08-2008, 07:50 PM
FU Ralph and your excuses.. the most glaring lack of talent we have at ANY position is 'Owner'..
Exactly, if this owner had any balls, he would deny himself, Russ, Modrak, and Guy a paycheck for a year to pay for Suggs or Peppers.

Instead, he will whine about small market crap and revenue sharing in the offseason.

Its all the Cowboys fault that we suck in his mind.

billsburgh
12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
hasnt he said this same thing at the end of every season for the last few years? that must mean your talent evaluators suck ass Ralph.

JD
12-08-2008, 09:20 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/903jfm.jpg

jpdex12
12-08-2008, 09:26 PM

Totally awesome sig! I love it! Cowher Power! Cowher Power! Cowher Power!

Mitchy moo
12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/903jfm.jpg

Can you freeze hell over Satan so the Bills can finally win a superbowl?

Tatonka
12-08-2008, 10:38 PM
god that quote sure does sound a whole ****ing lot like "it isnt dick's fault".

tat2dmike77
12-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Excuses are getting old from this owner. He must have room filled with nothing but people who come up with new excuses for him to give to the media and fans.

shelby
12-09-2008, 04:18 AM
This is why i don't believe Jauron will get fired.

Night Train
12-09-2008, 04:27 AM
looks like we're stuck with dick for another year

That would equal season ticket sales being cut in half. Plenty of Premium seats are up for renewel this year.

Ralph loves our $$ and Russ Brandon will remind him of that.

He'll be fired or my ticket invoice will immediately be deposited in the trash.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 05:07 AM
he's been saying this for years now which means we aren't going to get the talent either. Cash to the crap doesn't allow it. He continues to whine about how he can't field a competitive team in this market. DJ is not going to get fired. Ticket sales are finally going to go down and the team is being poised for relocation.

elltrain22
12-09-2008, 05:11 AM
I agree that this is in indirect quote that solidifies DJ for next year. IMO, I really can't fathom us not firing this guy. He has clearly lost this locker room, makes poor in-game decisions, build a roster full of losers who wouldn't be on any teams practice squad (Fowler, Denney, Preston, etc), and it outcoached by better coaches every single time. All I want for Christmas is DJ to fired; make it happen Ralph!!!!

Typ0
12-09-2008, 05:14 AM
if it's true that he's "lost" this locker room...then firing him isn't going to solve anything because the locker room is the problem. They need to focus on what they are being asked to do they are getting paid millions to perform not behave like five year olds.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 06:00 AM
he's been saying this for years now which means we aren't going to get the talent either. Cash to the crap doesn't allow it. He continues to whine about how he can't field a competitive team in this market. DJ is not going to get fired. Ticket sales are finally going to go down and the team is being poised for relocation.

Get rid of the owner, the team can stay put.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Get rid of the owner, the team can stay put.

you want me to off him or something? That's not very nice.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 07:05 AM
you want me to off him or something? That's not very nice.

No, as soon as Ralph kicks, the team will be sold to owners right here in Buffalo and the curse will be lifted.

Ralph must have blown up a whole mirror factory when he was young or something.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 07:08 AM
No, as soon as Ralph kicks, the team will be sold to owners right here in Buffalo and the curse will be lifted.

Ralph must have blown up a whole mirror factory when he was young or something.

on what basis can you tell me the new owner is going to keep the team here though? There isn't any. The team is worth more somewhere else so those other markets can bid higher. The league doesn't want us here. I'm not saying it's completly impossible...but it's very unlikely.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 07:09 AM
do you realize it's going to take a 3 billion dollar investment to keep this team here? That kind of money is going to need some serious cash inflows in front if it for years to rationalize it. And those cash flows aren't available in this marketplace. The taxpayes and government are broke as well. It's really not looking good for the Buffalo Bills. Toronto or Hamilton are the best we can hope for really.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 07:14 AM
do you realize it's going to take a 3 billion dollar investment to keep this team here? That kind of money is going to need some serious cash inflows in front if it for years to rationalize it. And those cash flows aren't available in this marketplace. The taxpayes and government are broke as well. It's really not looking good for the Buffalo Bills. Toronto or Hamilton are the best we can hope for really.
Honestly, this comes up every year, and I just get sick of the talk.

If the leave, they leave. I honestly think that the league as well as many in the private sector with money will never let it happen.

The only way teams move is when the current owner moves them (Modell, Frontiere, Adams) Whens the last time a team moved when they were sold?

Typ0
12-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Honestly, this comes up every year, and I just get sick of the talk.

If the leave, they leave. I honestly think that the league as well as many in the private sector with money will never let it happen.

The only way teams move is when the current owner moves them (Modell, Frontiere, Adams) Whens the last time a team moved when they were sold?

there is a serious flaw in your arguement. The league is on record that they don't want this team in this marketplace. Remember, the league is a representative of the owners of the teams. In the last few years it has come out that the other owners majority wants the team in another market. This isn't like hockey, where this is one of the better performing markets so the league has a vested interest in keeping the team here. In the case of the NFL, they would gladly put this team somewhere else. Just last week, Goddell said the team staying here was dependant on the fans "passion". That means the only way they stay is if we keep buying crap and even then the corporate base is not here to garner the kinds of dollars it's going to take. They know the fans aren't going to stand for this crap anymore. It's all grandstanding IMO. I'm sick of the talk too but it's drawing closer and closer to a no brainer.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 07:39 AM
there is a serious flaw in your arguement. The league is on record that they don't want this team in this marketplace. Remember, the league is a representative of the owners of the teams. In the last few years it has come out that the other owners majority wants the team in another market. This isn't like hockey, where this is one of the better performing markets so the league has a vested interest in keeping the team here. In the case of the NFL, they would gladly put this team somewhere else. Just last week, Goddell said the team staying here was dependant on the fans "passion". That means the only way they stay is if we keep buying crap and even then the corporate base is not here to garner the kinds of dollars it's going to take. They know the fans aren't going to stand for this crap anymore. It's all grandstanding IMO. I'm sick of the talk too but it's drawing closer and closer to a no brainer.

First off, it sounds like you admit that no team has left at the time of its sale.

Number two, in almost every move, the team wasnt selling out the games. The Bills have been selling out every game or almost every one for years now with no end in sight.

Thirdly, where are the links to your claims that the league wants us to move? Every time I hear Goodell, he says he wants the team to stay put.

The facts are:

1) Ralph has said that the Bills will never move as long as hes alive
2) The Bills continue to sell out there games including at their new venue, the Rogers center.

Thats all the facts you need.

In my opinion, Jim Kelly, Erie county, New York state, and the NFL will do everything in their power to keep the Bills here if Ralph passes. And guys like Goli may very well make the imvestment.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I don't really know about selling and relocating...I didn't address it because I don't think it has any relevance in this case. If you want to talk about something that might be relevant let's talk about the teams that moved citing inability of the tax base to support a new stadium...

Also, the Bills have not been selling out. Over the past five seasons there has been several games that have not sold out...plus, the luxury boxes are not sold out and that is where they keep complaining about the revenues.

All of the investors in WNY are not stupid. There is going to need to be some cash flows to justify a three billion dollar investment. If you want to throw these things in my face come to the table where that money is going to come from. These people are rich because they are too smart to throw good money after bad.

First off, it sounds like you admit that no team has left at the time of its sale.

Number two, in almost every move, the team wasnt selling out the games. The Bills have been selling out every game or almost every one for years now with no end in sight.

Thirdly, where are the links to your claims that the league wants us to move? Every time I hear Goodell, he says he wants the team to stay put.

The facts are:

1) Ralph has said that the Bills will never move as long as hes alive
2) The Bills continue to sell out there games including at their new venue, the Rogers center.

Thats all the facts you need.

In my opinion, Jim Kelly, Erie county, New York state, and the NFL will do everything in their power to keep the Bills here if Ralph passes. And guys like Goli may very well make the imvestment.