PDA

View Full Version : Not too worried about Head Coach

Lexwhat
12-08-2008, 11:58 PM
There's 10000 threads about a possible new head coach next year. While I would also like to see someone new next year, I'm not convinced it will solve our problems. What the hell is a Brian Billick or Jim Fassel gonna do here?

Ralph was right when he said this team doesn't have enough talent. Our poor drafting is the reason why. Look at our Offensive and Defensive lines! Think about it, this is like the Donohoe era all over again (I still hate the Whitner and McKelvin picks).

We truly need a better GM / VP. What do I think would be the best move? Clean house, hire Bill Cowher as the GM, and let him pick a coach himself. Cowher has great potential as a GM. Ever heard of his old colleague Kevin Colbert??

Lexwhat
12-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Chew on these names:

1. Scott Pioli
2. Bill Polian
3. Ozzie Newsome (Ravens)
4. Kevin Colbert (Steelers)
5. Joe Banner (Eagles, and one of my favorites)
6. Jerry Reese (The real genius behind the Giants)
7. AJ Smith (Chargers. Might have messed up with Norv Turner, but Smith is no dummy).

We need someone like that.

Mitchy moo
12-09-2008, 12:19 AM
We could make a cool commercial with Ozzie and Ozzy.

topher180
12-09-2008, 12:42 AM
There's 10000 threads about a possible new head coach next year. While I would also like to see someone new next year, I'm not convinced it will solve our problems. What the hell is a Brian Billick or Jim Fassel gonna do here?

Ralph was right when he said this team doesn't have enough talent. Our poor drafting is the reason why. Look at our Offensive and Defensive lines! Think about it, this is like the Donohoe era all over again (I still hate the Whitner and McKelvin picks).

We truly need a better GM / VP. What do I think would be the best move? Clean house, hire Bill Cowher as the GM, and let him pick a coach himself. Cowher has great potential as a GM. Ever heard of his old colleague Kevin Colbert??

Could not agree more. The ineptitude of the coaching staff is obvious to everyone, but replacing it only puts a band-aid on a knife wound. Replacing the head coach with a retread would be like a dirty band-aid.

Just my opinion, but I think the Jauron firing would be more symbolic at this point for the fans than anything else. It would give the homers something to point to when they fork over big bucks again next year for season tickets, after all the complaining they've done about the "crap on the field". As the broken hearts barely start to mend from yet another year of mediocrity and disappointment, they will point to a new coach as a sign that "this is our year"

:yawn: Whatever...

I'm so done with this joke of a franchise.

crowder52
12-09-2008, 02:05 AM
You guys have talent, just some breaks to go your way.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 05:09 AM
this is not like the donohoe era all over again...this IS the Ralph Wilson era.