X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Ralph Wilson is right!

This team sucks at some key positions. WR, TE, LB and most notably DE.

Seriously when you look at this roster do you really see a playoff team?

I don't.

Yes, Jauron has stunk up the joint with some of the playcalling, timeout management, etc. but looking at this roster do you really see 10-6?

Again, I don't.

Typo made a great point in another thread which is if we blow up the coaching staff we probably risk yet another year without the playoffs.

If you asked me where to invest the effort it would be in the roster. Get a veteran WR and a veteran DE here. Draft another DE high and focus on LBs and a TE in the draft.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Ralph Wilson is right!

Isn't this lack of talent ultimately the owner's fault? He meddles in personnel decisions, refuses to hire a football guy as GM, and imposes a salary cap plan that leaves us millions under the cap.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Isn't this lack of talent ultimately the owner's fault? He meddles in personnel decisions, refuses to hire a football guy as GM, and imposes a salary cap plan that leaves us millions under the cap.
      I hope I didn't imply that Wilson is off the hook here. I blame him the most. Who hired Donohoe to begin with?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I hope he takes those millions to the grave, POS.

Comment

• zone
          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
          • Oct 2003

I do see 10-6 with this schedule, because we saw 5-1. After that we had 3 divisional losses (if we would have won just 1 of those 3) and 2 extremely winnable games that we lost vs Cleavland and SF at home. Then this week if we could have generated any offense we could have won against Miami.

Realistically we should be sitting at 10-3 right now with 2 divisional games (1 being at home) and one conference game vs. the streaky at best Broncos.
          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

Ralph Wilson is like 104 years old...How can you be a 104 year old multi millionare and be so cheap. What are you saving for!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by zone
              I do see 10-6 with this schedule, because we saw 5-1. After that we had 3 divisional losses (if we would have won just 1 of those 3) and 2 extremely winnable games that we lost vs Cleavland and SF at home. Then this week if we could have generated any offense we could have won against Miami.

Realistically we should be sitting at 10-3 right now with 2 divisional games (1 being at home) and one conference game vs. the streaky at best Broncos.
              It's very easy to say "well if this had happened and that had happened". You can't look at it that way. A loss is a loss.

We've had maybe two dominant performances all year. Seattle and KC.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

The fact that he is laughing about it scares me the most, this guy has lost it
                We lack talent cause u dont spend on a Coach
                We lack talent cause you dont spend on Front office personel
                We lack talent cause you wont spend close to the cap
                We lack talent cause Ron Guy is still employed and has the worst track record in the league to sign players
                We lack talent cause all your concerned with is making money and could care less how u have raped fams for 40 yrs
                U need to sell the team and get some fresh smart football people in here
                please God let Kelly be real
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

Name one big playmaker from the past 4 years drafts:

........?

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

I honestly don't think the talent is that horrible. We definitely need to upgrade in certain areas, but if you look at the best teams in the league, they are not loaded top to bottom in every area. The best teams in the NFL win because they don't find ways to lose throughout the game. I say that because I don't believe teams are necessarily superior in overall talent. I believe great teams don't screw up. They make big plays because each guy does his job for 5-7 seconds on evey play. Our guys make a TON of mental errors. They can all play ball (except for a few who I won't mention as that is not the point). They're all very talented. Little things like 3rd and 7 instead of 3rd and 2 because we had a false start on 2nd down are slowly killing us. We're in every game in the fourth quarter, yet we're playing terrible football with a ton of mental errors. Not just penalties, but missed assignments as well. I do think we need to upgrade in areas, but I think coaching is easily the biggest culprit. We need a Buffalo attitude on the field. We need to play ugly, nasty ball with an attitude and that will open up the pretty plays. That is the job of the coaches - to force their attitude on the players. As the cliche' goes - "The team reflects the attitude of the coach." That is so true and I'm so sick of seeing a talented group of men play foolishly and soft. I also don't care if the coach is a screamer. That means nothing. Bill Walsh, Marv Levy, Tony Dungy, Tom Landry etc. All great coaches. All considered to have quiet confidence, stoic men, etc. Cowher, Parcells, Gruden, etc. also great coaches, but a lot more animated. None of that matters. What matters is making the team believe and win. I want a great coach. I don't care what his sideline demeanor is. I care about how he handles the players, other coaches and practice. That's what ultimately show's up on Sundays.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

The trouble is, we lack talent at some really key areas. Our inept DEs mean no pass rush. Our lack of a tall, strong 2nd WR and a pass catching TE make us totally ineffective in the redzone. Our weakness at C really hurts our running game, and our lack of playmakers at S and OLB handicaps us in the turnover battle.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

The trouble is, we lack talent at some really key areas. Our inept DEs mean no pass rush. Our lack of a tall, strong 2nd WR and a pass catching TE make us totally ineffective in the redzone. Our weakness at C really hurts our running game, and our lack of playmakers at S and OLB handicaps us in the turnover battle.
                        DE and C are our biggest needs followed by an OLB. Another WR and TE would be nice, but I don't see it quite as crucial as some because I don't think the team is adequately prepared each week. DE and C would make the biggest impact in my opinion.

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          It's very easy to say "well if this had happened and that had happened". You can't look at it that way. A loss is a loss.

We've had maybe two dominant performances all year. Seattle and KC.
                          The question was "looking at this roster do you really see 10-6?"

My answer is yes, because had "this or that" happened we would have won those games with the talent we have.

This team has people who can make plays we just can't figure out how to utilize them properly to consistently score points.

We scored the second most points in our franchise history against KC, yes it was KC and they are terrible, but it is the most amount of points their franchise had ever given up. As well as the 2nd most points we have ever scored, including the amazing teams in the heyday with the K-gun offense (you don't think we played terrible teams back then?)
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• cocamide
                            • Oct 2006

Well then, there's no point to this thread. We sit at 6-7, so obviously this is not a 10-6 team. Shouldn't that be the end of discussion if we can't talk about what-ifs?

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

I hope I didn't imply that Wilson is off the hook here. I blame him the most. Who hired Donohoe to begin with?

donahoe looks like a genius compared to what ive seen here.

remember we had top D's when he was here problem was we couldnt score 15 a game

Comment

Working...
                              X