PDA

View Full Version : Duke Preston

yordad
12-09-2008, 11:16 AM
How the heck do you snap the ball thinking the QB is under center when he is in shotgun? :wtf:

mchurchfie
12-09-2008, 11:21 AM
The only reason the football didn't go up his ass on that play was because his head got in the way. What a ****ing embarrassment.:cynic:

zone
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
That play will be on a blooper reel at some point...

Jan Reimers
12-09-2008, 12:10 PM
How the heck do you snap the ball thinking the QB is under center when he is in shotgun? :wtf:
Because he's a friggin' brain dead, unthinking, oblivious member of a clueless team?

Typ0
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM
how do you know JP didn't call an under center play and then line up in the Shotgun?

Jan Reimers
12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
how do you know JP didn't call an under center play and then line up in the Shotgun?
Sadly, that's quite possible.

Dr. Lecter
12-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Because nobody else (RBs or WRs) told him to get up on the line.

Regardless, how did Preston not notice his hands not on his ass or that JP was not yelling signals out rigth behind him?

Typ0
12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Sadly, that's quite possible.

my real point is...people see things and make various assumptions about what went wrong...but in many cases we have no idea what really went wrong or, in this case, where the miscommunication is. It's like the play calling. People see a play that doesn't work and they think the playcalling stinks...but how do they really know what play was sent in or what caused it not to work? They don't.

OpIv37
12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
He's a better center than Fowler but a) that's not saying much and b) Preston plays with his head up his ass.

If we could find a mad scientist to put Fowler's brain in Preston's body we'd ALMOST have an NFL caliber center.

The good news is that both of them are FA's this off-season, which will force the FO to do something about the position.

zone
12-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Because unless it is so sore from the beating it has taken lately, he should be able to feel a hand on his ass.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 12:31 PM

Regardless, how did Preston not notice his hands not on his ass or that JP was not yelling signals out rigth behind him?

perhaps they didn't say anything to him because they assumed he was going to change the play.

and those things aren't Preston's responsiblity. It probably was his fault...but you can't know for sure until they tell you that is the case. He's got a lot of things to do as the center doesn't he? Isn't he analyzing the line calls based on the defense for example?

OpIv37
12-09-2008, 12:33 PM
my real point is...people see things and make various assumptions about what went wrong...but in many cases we have no idea what really went wrong or, in this case, where the miscommunication is. It's like the play calling. People see a play that doesn't work and they think the playcalling stinks...but how do they really know what play was sent in or what caused it not to work? They don't.

given the two times he snapped the ball on the wrong snap count in the previous game, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. Also, as bad as Fowler is, he never went on the wrong snap count or fumbled the ball by not knowing where the QB was.

So, we don't know for sure that it was Preston's fault, but it doesn't look good for him given the evidence that we do have.

bigbub2352
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Because he is a bum that should have been cut 3 yrs ago. Preston is way to weak at the point of attack, and also is very slow and unathletic for a Center
He isnt as bad as fowler sadly so of course goin with the theme of the DJ years he starts here

The King
12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
We should get Wayne Gretzky to play Center for us. He was the best that ever lived

Typ0
12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
given the two times he snapped the ball on the wrong snap count in the previous game, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. Also, as bad as Fowler is, he never went on the wrong snap count or fumbled the ball by not knowing where the QB was.

So, we don't know for sure that it was Preston's fault, but it doesn't look good for him given the evidence that we do have.

thank you, and I agree.

yordad
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM

Regardless, how did Preston not notice his hands not on his ass or that JP was not yelling signals out rigth behind him?I believe Lecter covered it.

Oaf
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
He's a better center than Fowler but a) that's not saying much and b) Preston plays with his head up his ass.

If we could find a mad scientist to put Fowler's brain in Preston's body we'd ALMOST have an NFL caliber center.

The good news is that both of them are FA's this off-season, which will force the FO to do something about the position.

Fully disagree. First off, I believe Preston is the worst center in football. Moving him to C is akin to play Mike Williams at LG. I mean, really, how the hell does one get a false start, when you start the effing play? Even when he can handle the snap correctly, he constantly miscommunicates with Butler and Dock, letting guys through while he's looking elsewhere. And even when he spots the right guy, 2 moves is always all it takes to beat him. Or you can pretty much just push him wherever you'd like. This guy simply KILLS plays and KILLS drives. Finally, even if you did combine the two, the ugly offspring would be average at BEST imo.

I didn't think it could get much worse than Fowler. I was dead wrong. I hope the org has the balls to resign NEITHER as "backups" and address it twice this offseason.

If you want to read more on Preston's woes, and how bad they really are, go to BuffaloRumblings.com and look at the in-depth line analyses provided by Ron.

mysticsoto
12-10-2008, 11:18 AM

I'm not sure that is good news...considering what they did with Kelsay...I'm really scared that they are going to overpay Fowler next year to return. And if they do, I really need to consider whether I will remain a Bills fan!!! I may need to return when this FO/Coach leave...

Oaf
12-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Actually, Chris Brown has admitted that he considers C a mandatory addition this offseason for the Bills.

Mr. Miyagi
12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Is LeCharles Bentley still unemployed? Is he done?

BillsWin
12-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Well you see a reporter asked him to think of someway to describe the season. He couldn't think of anything. until that play... well... that play right there summed everything up

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Is LeCharles Bentley still unemployed? Is he done?

unemployed and done.