X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Duke Preston

How the heck do you snap the ball thinking the QB is under center when he is in shotgun?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Duke Preston

The only reason the football didn't go up his ass on that play was because his head got in the way. What a ****ing embarrassment.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

That play will be on a blooper reel at some point...
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by yordad
        How the heck do you snap the ball thinking the QB is under center when he is in shotgun?
        Because he's a friggin' brain dead, unthinking, oblivious member of a clueless team?
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

how do you know JP didn't call an under center play and then line up in the Shotgun?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
            how do you know JP didn't call an under center play and then line up in the Shotgun?
            Sadly, that's quite possible.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Because nobody else (RBs or WRs) told him to get up on the line.

Regardless, how did Preston not notice his hands not on his ass or that JP was not yelling signals out rigth behind him?
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Sadly, that's quite possible.
                my real point is...people see things and make various assumptions about what went wrong...but in many cases we have no idea what really went wrong or, in this case, where the miscommunication is. It's like the play calling. People see a play that doesn't work and they think the playcalling stinks...but how do they really know what play was sent in or what caused it not to work? They don't.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

He's a better center than Fowler but a) that's not saying much and b) Preston plays with his head up his ass.

If we could find a mad scientist to put Fowler's brain in Preston's body we'd ALMOST have an NFL caliber center.

The good news is that both of them are FA's this off-season, which will force the FO to do something about the position.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

Because unless it is so sore from the beating it has taken lately, he should be able to feel a hand on his ass.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      Because nobody else (RBs or WRs) told him to get up on the line.

Regardless, how did Preston not notice his hands not on his ass or that JP was not yelling signals out rigth behind him?
                      perhaps they didn't say anything to him because they assumed he was going to change the play.

and those things aren't Preston's responsiblity. It probably was his fault...but you can't know for sure until they tell you that is the case. He's got a lot of things to do as the center doesn't he? Isn't he analyzing the line calls based on the defense for example?

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

my real point is...people see things and make various assumptions about what went wrong...but in many cases we have no idea what really went wrong or, in this case, where the miscommunication is. It's like the play calling. People see a play that doesn't work and they think the playcalling stinks...but how do they really know what play was sent in or what caused it not to work? They don't.
                        given the two times he snapped the ball on the wrong snap count in the previous game, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. Also, as bad as Fowler is, he never went on the wrong snap count or fumbled the ball by not knowing where the QB was.

So, we don't know for sure that it was Preston's fault, but it doesn't look good for him given the evidence that we do have.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Because he is a bum that should have been cut 3 yrs ago. Preston is way to weak at the point of attack, and also is very slow and unathletic for a Center
                          He isnt as bad as fowler sadly so of course goin with the theme of the DJ years he starts here
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

We should get Wayne Gretzky to play Center for us. He was the best that ever lived
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              given the two times he snapped the ball on the wrong snap count in the previous game, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. Also, as bad as Fowler is, he never went on the wrong snap count or fumbled the ball by not knowing where the QB was.

So, we don't know for sure that it was Preston's fault, but it doesn't look good for him given the evidence that we do have.
                              thank you, and I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X