X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Mitchell

Dang he pretty much sucked dropping back in coverage. If there is no underneath WR, drop til you get in the passing lane of the next closest receiver. Pennington was dropping those passes behind him like he was shooting a basketball.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mitchell

They totally catored to Pennington's weak arm with perfect weather conditions and his favorite coverage. He never threw one pass farther than 20 yards. Though they still did enough on defense to win the game.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Dropping into coverage and taking away a passing lane won't get Mitchell on any highlight reels. Therefore, you can't expect him to actually TRY like he does on a blitz or when he can jump a route.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lone Stranger
        • Sep 2002

You might want to blame Mitchell but I saw Whitner wandering over late on a number of passes. After watching Ed Reed Sunday night it made me wonder why we drafted Donte in the first round. Another Bills bust?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by fmr60
          You might want to blame Mitchell but I saw Whitner wandering over late on a number of passes. After watching Ed Reed Sunday night it made me wonder why we drafted Donte in the first round. Another Bills bust?
          I thought Whitner was brutal in the first half. He had Polite wrapped up on the 3rd and 2 but let him get away for the first, then a play or two later he gave up the TD to Fasano. And he got stoned on a blitz by the RB (I think it was Brown but it might have been Williams).

After that, though, he played well. He had 2 or 3 stops at the LOS in the running game, and he combined on a tackle with Poz to stop Fasano short of the sticks on 3rd down.

Overall though, I agree- Whitner has yet to do anything to justify a #8 overall selection. He gets beat up the seam by the TE at least a couple times a game and I don't think he's ever made a play covering a TE, he rarely makes a play on the ball and he just doesn't seem to have the big play in him. Certainly there are worse safeties out there, but I expect more from a #8 overall selection.

I blame the FO more than I blame Whitner though. It's not his fault that the Bills' FO was dumb enough to pick him that high. What's he gonna do- say "Sorry guys but I'm not that good" and turn down the paycheck?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

“Obviously, the NFL is about making money. If that is what they are doing, that’s what they are doing. Other than that, as long as they are making money, I am getting paid” — Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell.

wow... just... wow.
            I still love the Bills, but am absolutely disgusted by their personel

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

Another bone headed move by our front office
              Mitchell is not a cover 2 LBer, he is a 3-4 or 4-3 middle LBer and he is not the type to drop in coverage every play
              Mitchell is the product of bad coaching and frustration
              sad sad embarissing days we r living my friends
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
              X