• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Lack of role against Miami miffs Jackson

Fred Jackson acknowledged that he was tossing and turning in his bed until 5 a. m. Monday after the Buffalo Bills trudged home with their sixth loss in seven games. Perhaps his sleepless night was a result of not being very tired after watching almost the entire game.

www.blzbus.com
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Lack of role against Miami miffs Jackson

Our superior coaching staff does it again. It disables one of our very besy weapons.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Our superior coaching staff does it again. It disables one of our very besy weapons.
      Or perhaps it's because our coaching staff knows that the QB playing rarely looks to dump passes off to RBs so even if he got playing time he wouldn't be used even if was on the field.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Who knows? When just about everything in the organization - owner, FO, coaching staff and several players - sucks, it's hard to pinpoint blame.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman
          Or perhaps it's because our coaching staff knows that the QB playing rarely looks to dump passes off to RBs so even if he got playing time he wouldn't be used even if was on the field.
          This is why Hamden maybe would have made sense.

The guy plays a pretty conservative game but actually has nice short to intermediate throws. Jackson would have been a very effective weapon against Miami and I think Hamden would have gotten him the ball opening up the ground game for Lynch.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

You're giving the coaching staff too much credit. They didn't even call any running plays for Jackson.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Not true. Lynch dropped a few passes during the Miami game.

There was no reason whatsoever that Fred Jackson did not even touch the ball last game. Especially considering how poorly Lynch played.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Dick is a mother ****ing dick.

Bring in Cowher, Billick, Fassill, Haslett or somebody!!!!
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Not true. Lynch dropped a few passes during the Miami game.

There was no reason whatsoever that Fred Jackson did not even touch the ball last game. Especially considering how poorly Lynch played.
                  Lynch is a top five receiving back in this league, or so I read on here, this is why we did not design any screens or wheels to Jackson in the Miami game. We have to showcase and use our best weapon, even when he struggles.

Comment

• lmcshadow
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    Lynch is a top five receiving back in this league, or so I read on here, this is why we did not design any screens or wheels to Jackson in the Miami game. We have to showcase and use our best weapon, even when he struggles.
                    i agree, but if and when your bread and buttrer gets stale, its always good to have a fresh bag of groceries.
                    The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• dmosher12
                      • Sep 2008

I was thinking more along the lines of a conspiracy. Jackson didn't get any touches because he is going to be a free agent. The bills want to keep him so they decrease his value by not playing him. Sounds like something Ralph would want to me.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by dmosher12
                        I was thinking more along the lines of a conspiracy. Jackson didn't get any touches because he is going to be a free agent. The bills want to keep him so they decrease his value by not playing him. Sounds like something Ralph would want to me.
                        He's due to be a ERFA which means there's no conceviable way we'll lose him unless we don't give him a tender offer.
                        EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA): A player whose contract has expired and has three or fewer tenured years in the league. His original team must make a contract offer by the league imposed deadline or the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. No compensation is awarded for losing EFAs.
                        Description courtesy of http://www.steelergridiron.com/infor...finitions.html

Comment

Working...
                        X