PDA

View Full Version : what i truly am looking for

djjimkelly
12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
in the offseason

dick fired/not rehired
losman of course not resigned (hes done here no more needs to be said)
all coordinators except april given their walking papers.

a real coach/gm hired
1 serious impact player on D
1 qb acquired somehow some way( we get told hes the guy and they mean it) or hell wait till 2010 i dont care but make it a priority to get a new guy in next 2 offseasons.
2 brand new schemes on O and D preferably a 3-4 D( it might be asking too much)

they want me to have real hope again follow that plan

Jan Reimers
12-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I'd make sure the impact player is a pass rushing DE, then add an OLB, C, TE and big 2nd WR. If Hardy, Schouman or Fine develops, it just gives us more depth.

djjimkelly
12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I'd make sure the impact player is a pass rushing DE, then add an OLB, C, TE and big 2nd WR. If Hardy, Schouman or Fine develops, it just gives us more depth.

exactly what i was thinking a serious pash rushing force either DE or OLB if we somehow changed to a 3-4

tat2dmike77
12-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Don't hold your breath

thecoordinator
12-09-2008, 09:11 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing you guys seriously overpay for another interior lineman

Mr. Pink
12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
If we did get a 3-4 guru then the top target in FA has to be Suggs.

That being said, we're gonna be EXTREMELY weak on the defensive side of the ball for at least a season if not more.

Our only guy in the front 7 that fits the scheme is Stroud, none of our ends fits the scheme and we have so much money invested in them, I dunno what we'd do with them.

Actually Poz might do better in the middle in this scheme.

We'd need a true "shutdown" corner as well...kinda makes you wish we made an attempt to sign Nate doesn't it?

gr8slayer
Is that like seriously overpaying for a WR who has literally done nothing this year?

X-Era

I wouldnt mind you guys trading away another one of your best players

Dantheman1280
12-09-2008, 09:20 PM

Good point! and you guys should probably go sign another big tall receiver who can't even get on the field

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-09-2008, 09:20 PM
STFU
Well... not the F up
but at least shut up

actully yeah... the F up.

...no no I dont want to talk like that.

just stop coming over here and rubbing our nose in it.

X-Era
12-09-2008, 09:21 PM
If we did get a 3-4 guru then the top target in FA has to be Suggs.

That being said, we're gonna be EXTREMELY weak on the defensive side of the ball for at least a season if not more.

Our only guy in the front 7 that fits the scheme is Stroud, none of our ends fits the scheme and we have so much money invested in them, I dunno what we'd do with them.

Actually Poz might do better in the middle in this scheme.

We'd need a true "shutdown" corner as well...kinda makes you wish we made an attempt to sign Nate doesn't it?

I think the DE type issue is WAY being overstated. Its not like Kelsay or Denney are small, Schobel may be if you still believe hes only 243... :rolleyes:

What I will say is that I wouldnt mind ditching 2 of our current frequently playing DE's... in fact take your pick.

thecoordinator
12-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Is that like seriously overpaying for a WR who has literally done nothing this year?

lol yeah wilford would be overpriced at the vet minimum

Mr. Pink
12-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I think the DE type issue is WAY being overstated. Its not like Kelsay or Denney are small, Schobel may be if you still believe hes only 243... :rolleyes:

What I will say is that I wouldnt mind ditching 2 of our current frequently playing DE's... in fact take your pick.

That's the thing though...our DEs now are small and light in the pants. They get blown off the ball constantly or pushed aside in a 4 man front.

In the 3-4, their responsibility is to take on blockers, take up space and free up the LBers to make the plays.

With the way they are now, if kept, our LBers would constantly have guards or tackles blocking them. Which means, we'll have one of the worst, if not the worst, rush defense in football. This will occur for a season or two or three.

It's not easy to find the required talent to man the line in this scheme. Look at teams that switch to the scheme and how long it takes for them to be good.

It took Cleveland 3 seasons to find a capable NT in Shaun Rogers, they still don't have the ends for the system. Corey Williams has been so-so at DE, when he's healthy. The other side Shaun Smith, Robaire Smith is barely adequate.

Then you have the LB issue...I'd assume Cleveland would make a huge push to try and bring in Suggs seeing McGinest is old and not what he once was and Kamerion Wimbley a DE/LB type in college hasn't been all he was cut out to be.

Kinda like the idea, well we can just move Schobel over to LB to fill the blitzing role. It's not that easy. Unfortunately.

This doesn't even get into our corners which neither of our starters are exactly shutdown types. In the 3-4 they're out there on an island most of the time.

Combine no pass rush with weak man corners and you can already guess the results.

So, if you don't mind 1-3 seasons of having one of the worst D's in football...then switching schemes is great. Hopefully some work will be done to the offensive side of the ball because we'll need to score 24+ a game to get victories.

gr8slayer
12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
lol yeah wilford would be overpriced at the vet minimum
:rofl: vet minimum!

2/29/2008: Signed a four-year, $13 million contract. The deal included a $6 million signing bonus. Another $1 million is available through escalators.

thecoordinator
12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
I wouldnt mind you guys trading away another one of your best players

hey atleast we get something for them and dont just let them walk

X-Era
12-09-2008, 09:35 PM
hey atleast we get something for them and dont just let them walk

RIGGGHHHHTT!

Thats a good plan, if you keep it up you can have no good players and lots of draft picks to spend... Good call :rolleyes:

X-Era
12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
That's the thing though...our DEs now are small and light in the pants. They get blown off the ball constantly or pushed aside in a 4 man front.

In the 3-4, their responsibility is to take on blockers, take up space and free up the LBers to make the plays.

With the way they are now, if kept, our LBers would constantly have guards or tackles blocking them. Which means, we'll have one of the worst, if not the worst, rush defense in football. This will occur for a season or two or three.

It's not easy to find the required talent to man the line in this scheme. Look at teams that switch to the scheme and how long it takes for them to be good.

It took Cleveland 3 seasons to find a capable NT in Shaun Rogers, they still don't have the ends for the system. Corey Williams has been so-so at DE, when he's healthy. The other side Shaun Smith, Robaire Smith is barely adequate.

Then you have the LB issue...I'd assume Cleveland would make a huge push to try and bring in Suggs seeing McGinest is old and not what he once was and Kamerion Wimbley a DE/LB type in college hasn't been all he was cut out to be.

Kinda like the idea, well we can just move Schobel over to LB to fill the blitzing role. It's not that easy. Unfortunately.

This doesn't even get into our corners which neither of our starters are exactly shutdown types. In the 3-4 they're out there on an island most of the time.

Combine no pass rush with weak man corners and you can already guess the results.

So, if you don't mind 1-3 seasons of having one of the worst D's in football...then switching schemes is great. Hopefully some work will be done to the offensive side of the ball because we'll need to score 24+ a game to get victories.

OK, so we should stick with what we have on D?

This is the best scheme we can muster? Because, to be honest, I dont even consider that we might get a 3rd down stop... in fact, I might just run out on to the field and spray paint a big circle on the area where the play will go... its the 10-20 yard seem area. I know its coming, they know its coming, but we have no one there. Why? because we have ALL of our LB'ers pass rushing

Mr. Pink
12-09-2008, 09:41 PM
OK, so we should stick with what we have on D?

This is the best scheme we can muster? Because, to be honest, I dont even consider that we might get a 3rd down stop... in fact, I might just run out on to the field and spray paint a big circle on the area where the play will go... its the 10-20 yard seem area. I know its coming, they know its coming, but we have no one there. Why? because we have ALL of our LB'ers pass rushing

It's not the scheme that's broken, it's the players.

What happens in 3 years when we don't have the talent to run the 3-4?

Do you sit here and bash that scheme too?

Do you say we need to switch to, the 4-3?

You need time to acquire the right players to fit the scheme.

Typ0
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I think I pretty much disagree with everything you said except about the quarterbacks. I'm fine with showing some patience with DJ and allowing him to decide if a coordinator needs to be sent packing. I know I'm the only one around with that opinion but I'm showing some patience for what they are trying to do. The offense is too complicated for TE right now and that screwed them...but I figure they threw him into the fire hoping he would grow and learn faster. To take that away is a silly waste IMO. I do agree we need to get another, proven vet, QB in here too. Let this guy who's actually good fight it out with TE for the job though none of that hand it over crap. May the best man win in that area the team will only be better for it.

I don't want any impact player...the middle needs to be SHUT DOWN and we aren't doing it!

Leave the schemes alone but upgrade as many positions as possible. TE & DE are two other areas that will make a big difference.

Novacane
12-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Nope!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
12-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Bet on it.