PDA

View Full Version : TSN: Melrose sounds off on Lightning, Stamkos

Myers57
12-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Great article about an interview Barry did on Fan 590 out of Toronto. Too bad I didn't catch it, you can pick this station up sometimes in Buffalo and they are probably the best radio sports station for anything hockey.

Almost a month after being fired by the Tampa Bay Lightning, Barry Melrose sounded off on his former club and the people who run it.

Melrose was a guest on Toronto's Fan 590 radio station and didn't hold back his feelings about why his stint as head coach of the Lightning only lasted 16 games.

While he didn't name the people involved, Melrose said that he dealt with constant interference from people in the organization.

"I had guys in Tampa who wanted to run the team and I wouldn't let them. I was hired to coach and I coached," Melrose told the Fan 590. "I wasn't playing the right guys. I was playing certain guys too much, I wasn't playing other guys enough. Every day was a constant battle.

"Finally the guys in charge decided they wanted to coach and they got rid of me. That's what it comes down to. It obviously wasn't a hockey decision, because it's not like they've set the world on fire since they got rid of me...Now they've got guys in charge that let them do what they want and obviously that isn't working out very well either."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=259045&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

Dude
12-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Reading this makes me appreciate what we have, even if the FO sometimes makes stupid decisions.

RockStar36
12-10-2008, 08:28 AM
These are the same owners that had both goalies paint their goalie masks with "Saw" themes for the upcoming Saw movie that was out in theaters.