PDA

View Full Version : Miller claims ref cursed at him

Dr. Lecter
12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
The Buffalo Sabres weren't happy with the officiating during Monday's 4-3 win at Pittsburgh as they dealt with nine minor penalties and three two-man disadvantages.

Goaltender Ryan Miller called it a "slanted officiating job" today and said the men in stripes weren't behaving too well either.

At the end of a 5-1/2-minute session with reporters today in the Amherst Pepsi Center, Miller was asked about an end-of-practice chat with coach Lindy Ruff. The Buffalo goaltender revealed he was telling his coach that one of the officials swore at him during a stoppage in play a couple of minutes before the Sabres received a bench minor for arguing an interference call on Thomas Vanek.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/518270.html

SabreEleven
12-09-2008, 06:37 PM
So it isn't just us...Sweet.

rbochan
12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Makes the win even more delicious.

JD
12-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Its like a leaguewide suck job of the pens.

The vs announcers sounded really dissapointed that the pens lost..

OpIv37
12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
seriously, fans always think they get the shaft in terms of officiating, but this is very telling:

as they dealt with nine minor penalties and three two-man disadvantages.

That's just absurd. The officiating was just awful in that game and the stats show it. I hope Lindy files a complaint with the league.

clumping platelets
12-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, the officiating was horrendous. I saw at least 3 non-calls against the Pens......ALL were blatant and should have been called as interference.

Dr. Lecter
12-09-2008, 10:06 PM
In theory I agree, but what will filing a complaint do?

Get him a reputation as a whiner and piss off the refs? Is it really worth it?

The good news is that they overcame that and a two goal deficit and won. They need to grow off that win.

SabreEleven
12-09-2008, 11:11 PM
In theory I agree, but what will filing a complaint do?

Make Bettman hate Ruff and the Sabres even more? Not sure that is possible.

Ever since '99 Bettman has had it out for the Sabres...Sabres have been screwed by the Ref's numerous times and by Bettman in the Lottery Draft after the strike...

JD
12-10-2008, 12:24 AM
"Me and Lindy were just talking about the referee last night," Miller said. "I had a brief conversation with the ref where he was surprising to me, told me to 'go ___ myself' because I was just asking him a question. I was just joking around saying that's what got the bench minor going. To be honest, I was respectful, asking him a question and he told me I should maybe 'go ___ myself.' "

:lmao:

SabreEleven
12-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Bottom line here: Bettman won't give a **** so nothing will happen

RockStar36
12-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Ruff complaining to Bettman will do absolutely nothing. I think it has to do more with the Penguins than the Sabres. Like I said, Crosby looks like someone just committed a crime anytime someone touches him and they don't make the call.

In the last game against Buffalo they blew an early whistle and he slammed his stick against the net pretty hard. When that happened I remember thinking that if any other player did that, they are probably calling a penalty on the guy.

It just makes my hate of Pittsburgh grow even more.

mchurchfie
12-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Crosby is the biggest crybaby in the league. Did you see the little ****** suckerpunch Hecht right at the end of the game? The refs were ****ing ridiculous in that game and they have been all season long. They need to be policed a little better. It seems that a lot of games are decided by the mood that they show up in and what their ****ed up interpretations of the rules are from one night to the next. This is why the NHL will always be small potatoes compared other major sports.
:monkeyp:NHL refs
:monkeyp:Bettman and his whole family.

JD
12-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I wonder if Gary and Sid use lube?

Typ0
12-10-2008, 07:28 PM
The refs were ****ing ridiculous in that game and they have been all season long. They need to be policed a little better. It seems that a lot of games are decided by the mood that they show up in and what their ****ed up interpretations of the rules are from one night to the next. This is why the NHL will always be small potatoes compared other major sports.
:monkeyp:NHL refs
:monkeyp:Bettman and his whole family.

you're kidding me right...you just described the NFL!