http://buffalobillboard.wetpaint.com/?t=anon

Make your donations.

JD
12-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I'd like to see JJ's sig as a Billboard :up:

Sorry for duplicate thread post btw.

T-Long
12-10-2008, 10:05 AM
will this actually happen??? That would be great! Somebody would have to take a picture of it for us out of towners

TacklingDummy
12-10-2008, 10:15 AM
I'd rather see the sign say FIRE Russ Brandon (GM), John Guy (pro personnel), and Tom Modrak (scouting).

JJamezz
12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I like the idea, but they're going to end up with the message focusing on firing Jauron when they should be focusing on who their top choice is to replace him.. I honestly think Jauron being fired is a given.

Big, bold letters, on a single line.. HIRE COWHER, COWHER POWER, BUFFALO BILL COWHER.. something like that.. just a couple of words, not a paragraph or list of reasons to fire Jauron. Just my opinion.

ParanoidAndroid
12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Detroit did it for Millen. They had to endure many years with him in there sending good players packing and picking high profile skill players to sell tickets.
Our situation is not nearly as dire as Detroit's.
It's a copy cat idea and not at all interesting. It's also overkill and a waste of good money.
How ridiculous does this make us look?
Money would be better spent on a billboard demanding that new industries be brought into WNY and new jobs be created so the local economy can support a football team.
Firing Dick Jauron should be so much farther down on this city's list of priorities.

Dick Jauron's biggest issue, I think, is his hiring of second-rate offensive coordinators who do not sufficiently compliment his defensive mind.

Typ0
12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I still think it's premature to fire DJ and doing so will further throw us into demise.

Jan Reimers
12-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I still think it's premature to fire DJ and doing so will further throw us into demise.
I'm not sure it would be possible for us to go into future demise, but I would like to see a football guy appointed GM first, and then have input into the Jauron situation.

DynaPaul
12-10-2008, 04:31 PM
It should read: "Let Jauron's Contract Expire!"

I guess "Fire Jauron" has a better ring to it though.

RedEyE
12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Looks as if JJ will get his wish and they nearly have enough money for a 4 week run. Already raised 1000K

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/Z-FonPYPLHKQ4yYBsjwFPQ21911/GW606H222

JJamezz
12-10-2008, 09:03 PM
The JJ over there is not me in case anyone was wondering..

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Detroit did it for Millen. They had to endure many years with him in there sending good players packing and picking high profile skill players to sell tickets.
Our situation is not nearly as dire as Detroit's.
It's a copy cat idea and not at all interesting. It's also overkill and a waste of good money.
How ridiculous does this make us look?
Money would be better spent on a billboard demanding that new industries be brought into WNY and new jobs be created so the local economy can support a football team.
Firing Dick Jauron should be so much farther down on this city's list of priorities.

Dick Jauron's biggest issue, I think, is his hiring of second-rate offensive coordinators who do not sufficiently compliment his defensive mind.

you want more jobs?
THen get taxes lowered
stop the unions from strangling businesses
You cant just "bring in businesses" If you can operate a business with a profit then there is no point comeing here. Unions and Taxes are the death of WNY business/

But we still need to fire Jauron

BillsWin
12-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Cowher Power.

RockStar36
12-11-2008, 10:05 AM
The latest design is awesome. Putting that billboard in Buffalo would be GREAT>